Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Bluegingham- welcome to Onederland!

Deanna- great to hear your progress

RosiePosie- love that you are making a plan for yourself. It is a celebration of you and can be done OP, if that is how you want it. Great job staying on track at your girls' night.

Drd- sounds like you did everything you could to make your MIL birthday special. So sweet that she put out a veggie platter. It is nice to know that people try to support this journey.

Kdspirited- my guess is water retention or "c". Try not to get discouraged, is this your official WI day? In the past six weeks, I have been dealing with both. Staying OP and seeing nothing (except swollen ankles), so I finally dragged myself to the Drs.,we are trying to find out what is going on. I have been staying focused on my losses so far and have faith that your scale # will be going down soon. Stay strong

Reenhag- I am a bit jealous of your IP cooking machine (DH)! How wonderful to have all of your food cooked up on the Snow Day.

NSV for me, my blood pressure was 102/64, so I am off blood pressure medicine. Which was my whole reason for starting IP. Took the advice of many of you and the dr. ordered a full blood panel including thyroid. He is also concerned about the ankle swelling and water retention (this is not new, Drs. just ignored it as a symptom of being overweight.)
Old 02-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 186/Ticker/130

Height: 5'2''

Default I so want to be overweight!

For my height, the divide between obese and overweight is 169. Only 2.2 to lose to get to be finally "overweight"!!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #63  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narae View Post
For my height, the divide between obese and overweight is 169. Only 2.2 to lose to get to be finally "overweight"!!
Congratulations Narae! I was just there in December! it's a great feeling!
Old 02-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 193/154/137

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narae View Post
That is wonderful Narae....thanks for the information too. Our numbers are very similar along with our height so...I just got into the "overweight" category and you will be there very soon
Old 02-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

3.5 pounds down this week, hooray! I hit my first goal of 25 pounds and am well on my way to my second goal of a 40 pound loss. I am feeling so accomplished right now! My husband is on week six an is down 21 pounds as well. Hello new lifestyle!
Old 02-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 193/154/137

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie739 View Post
3.5 pounds down this week, hooray! I hit my first goal of 25 pounds and am well on my way to my second goal of a 40 pound loss.
Yeah.....Congratulations on hitting your first goal. My hubby is also doing a modified plan and loosing weight with me. It is so nice to have the support
Old 02-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

So day 8 and 9 were really tough for me. I was sooo hungry. After having a growling stomach for the entire day, I relented and had a fourth packet yesterday. I am so glad that I did as it made all the difference. I have read somewhere on these boards that hunger pangs precede a drop in weight and that is exactly what happened. There was 3 lbs less on the scale then on Friday. I will take hunger pangs any day. LOL
Old 02-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good evening everyone. I am planning on starting the IP plan using alternatives tomorrow. I have been here before, last year but didn't follow it through. So, I'm back. I feel totally excited because I know what I can achieve by following the rules but I'm so so nervous and scared because I have history with lists of failed diets including IP. I'm really going to try and get my head in the game from the get go. So, wish me luck, I will post again tomorrow. Have a good evening All.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 186/Ticker/130

Height: 5'2''

Default Dear Calypso and Sopra!

Go ahead guys! I am just behind (well, not quite yet).
Old 02-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Good evening everyone. I am planning on starting the IP plan using alternatives tomorrow. I have been here before, last year but didn't follow it through. So, I'm back. I feel totally excited because I know what I can achieve by following the rules but I'm so so nervous and scared because I have history with lists of failed diets including IP. I'm really going to try and get my head in the game from the get go. So, wish me luck, I will post again tomorrow. Have a good evening All.
I wish you luck! I find that reading about other people's successes on this program in this forum and many blogs is what is keeping me going.

I know that the cost of the IP program is prohibitive for many, but I have decided to do it through the clinic because I need that accountability of a weekly weigh in. I am no longer going out for lunch, so the cost is really balancing out. Every time I had an urge to cheat I just think of the money I just spent on signing up, vitamins, etc.

Perhaps you can find somebody that you trust to keep you accountable. Friend or significant other that you can do your weigh ins in front off and that will check in with you and keep you accountable? I for one never want to weigh in front of my husband or anybody that I know, it is easier to do it with a stranger.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #71  

Default What does that mean

My coach said I'm in not fat burning mood but I didn't cheat what does that mean TIA
Old 02-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #72  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanlucat View Post
My coach said I'm in not fat burning mood but I didn't cheat what does that mean TIA
Can you provide more info? How long on IP? What made your coach say that & what did he/she suggest that you do about it? Does your clinic provide body fat % in addition to weight? Did you have a loss or gain or 0 change at WI? Are you happy with your progress? After that, we'll ask about what you are eating & drinking, etc etc
Old 02-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #73  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanlucat View Post
But you are indeed in fat burning mood because you stayed 100% on IP ; )

On what is she basing your not being in fat burning mode?
Maybe give us some info like starting weight, height and how much you lost the week the coach proclaimed this?

Phase 1 is low enough in calories that you will be losing weight unless you are very short, as in under 5' or thereabouts.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #74  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
So day 8 and 9 were really tough for me. I was sooo hungry. After having a growling stomach for the entire day, I relented and had a fourth packet yesterday. I am so glad that I did as it made all the difference. I have read somewhere on these boards that hunger pangs precede a drop in weight and that is exactly what happened. There was 3 lbs less on the scale then on Friday. I will take hunger pangs any day. LOL
Glad it is not just me, it is day 8 for me and I am starving, even after I eat my meal. I have not had a 4th packet but might have to give it a try. Not sure I can take another day of the hunger. I didn't really have any hunger last week and thought I had passed that part but I guess not. I hope it passes soon!
Old 02-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #75  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
Glad it is not just me, it is day 8 for me and I am starving, even after I eat my meal. I have not had a 4th packet but might have to give it a try. Not sure I can take another day of the hunger. I didn't really have any hunger last week and thought I had passed that part but I guess not. I hope it passes soon!
I always felt ravenous hunger right before a big drop on the scale or in my measurements. Maybe the hunger is your body giving the signal to crank up the fat-burning furnace.

One the other hand, while the P1 protocol is one-size fits all, we are not all the exactly the same. You might have a more active job, or faster metabolism than someone else and simply need a little more food.

You could tough it out, maybe give your coach a call. Or try adding some egg white, boneless skinless chicken breast, or another non-restricted packet. Lettuce, water, decaf tea are always options too. Once in while I licked a spoonful or two of Walden Farms chocolate sauce.
Closed Thread