Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
I'm sorry, I'm missing the shortcut math.
30% of 120 calories is 36.
The item needs to have no more than 36 calories from fat.
Item has 4g of fat (which must be rounded up as 4g Fat x 9cal/gram=36)
Product says 35 calories from fat.
35 is less than 36 so product is OK.
So, to use the shortcut to come up with the same conclusion, what am I comparing 105 to? 120?

Thanks for repeating this for me.
Same answer - two ways of getting it!

The shortcut (or quick way to calculate since I always forget what I need to multiply grams if fat by) is to multiply percentage of cals from fat (35) by 3 to be sure less than one third of total calories is from fat. 35 x 3 = 105 so you know there are less than one third cals from fat (yes comparing 105 to 120). product is fine based on amount of fat. I was just noting that 8 carbs is cutoff for unrestricted based on carbs. You have to look at several aspects of nutritional profile and be in range on all counts.

Last edited by JLUS; 02-15-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
So when I went to WI yesterday, I was planning on hitting the 201-202 mark, but I hit 199! It was so thrilling!!! Coach D. & I did a happy dance

I was already so proud of myself for staying OP and not even having the slightest Valentine's Day temptation (I am still amazed!), but to hit WONDERLAND this week (I've been waiting to say that!) was awesome!

Have an awesome weekend!
Wow! That is so awesome. I can't wait to hit that mark. I also was amazed that I didn't have any valentine candy. I did do a bit of smelling of the chocolates. My husband said I probable only inhaled a carb or two. Too, funny.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #48  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Hey everyone!!
I havent been on here in forever (ok, 2 weeks isnt forever, but it seems like it!)
This week has been so stressful! Interestingly enough, my habits of not being able to eat when I'm stressed came back... I somehow lost 7.6 lbs last week.... Which is now an 83 lb loss.... I'm so happy to see 250 on the scale!! I never dreamed 5 months ago I'd ever see that number again!
I have not had any problems turning down cookies, brownies, candy, etc this week either... so that makes me happy!
Great to see (read) you again Deana, you are doing so awesome! I can't wait to see your graduation photos, they are going to rock!!
Old 02-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #49  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, Laurie.
I'm seeing how the shortcut works.
So, for simplicity we are using a third (33%) rather than 30% from fat with the other carb & protein requirements.
It simplifies the math and expands the choices.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
Thanks, Laurie.
I'm seeing how the shortcut works.
So, for simplicity we are using a third (33%) rather than 30% from fat with the other carb & protein requirements.
It simplifies the math and expands the choices.
Well, if I use the shortcut and it's right on that edge, I will tend to be cautious and not for example have it every day.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Am I wrong in thinking these are an unrestricted? 120 cal, 8g net carbs, 15g protein, 105 cal from fat...

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...dar-7-box.html

Thanks!

These are unrestricted, but if you are carb sensitive you might not want to have them the same day as other higher carb unrestricted items.

I eat these all the time. They taste identical to the ip ones and the ingredients are almost the same.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #52  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
Wow! That is so awesome. I can't wait to hit that mark. I also was amazed that I didn't have any valentine candy. I did do a bit of smelling of the chocolates. My husband said I probable only inhaled a carb or two. Too, funny.
Thanks! It will be here before you know it, literally!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #53  
Me back on the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ86 View Post
Is anyone else feeling a little blue that they didn't get to join in with everyone else and eat something bad on valentines day? I feel better now that the day is over but am still feeling a little down about it. However my boyfriend and I have a fun filled day planned for tomorrow and it doesn't always have to be about food. But it would have been fun to get all dressed up and go out last night rockin my new weight at a restaurant. I know you can go out to eat and stay OP but I don't see the point because my bf is a great griller at home. I know I should feel proud for staying OP for so log and my losses. But with some of these holidays it's a little hard.
For the first time, ever, I can honestly say, "nothing tastes as good as getting skinny feels!" I edited the quote a tad, because I'm not skinny, yet!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #54  
Me back on the list!

Default Thank all of you!

I truly appreciate all the support & congrats everyone has shared with me on this IP journey!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #55  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
So when I went to WI yesterday, I was planning on hitting the 201-202 mark, but I hit 199! It was so thrilling!!! Coach D. & I did a happy dance

I was already so proud of myself for staying OP and not even having the slightest Valentine's Day temptation (I am still amazed!), but to hit WONDERLAND this week (I've been waiting to say that!) was awesome!

Have an awesome weekend!
omgoodness!!! congrats!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #56  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Morning everyone. I had a NSV last night. I went to a girls night which involved pizza, candy, crisps and drinking. I took a veggie platter (must have been well received as it all went) and made sure that I had had dinner beforehand. Had my club soda with mint leaves and some mio juice. One of the ladies who I haven't seen in a while pulled me aside and told me I looked fantastic, that I'd obviously lost loads of weight and she was super jealous. Felt really good as my close friends have been very supportive but this was the first time that someone who didn't know I was on IP noticed the weight loss. I managed to stay 100% OP during the evening and had a great time.

There was a lot of talk about my birthday which is in march and is a BIG one. I thought I'd headed this off by organizing a trip to Vegas in August to see Britney Spears in concert. The plan being that I would be on phase 4 by then. They are talking about a champagne brunch near the big day. I tried to be non-committal as I really don't want to go off being 100% OP and I'm not keen to do some phasing off just for one night. Luckily, it's busy season which can be used as as an excuse for a couple of weeks or so. I think if I am coerced into doing something, I can organize a dinner at a restaurant and stay on plan. What could be a better birthday present to myself than a healthy lifestyle AND a slimmer me!!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #57  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPMaryD View Post
Finally, coach is still concerned that I am loosing lean mass, suggested we "talk" about going to phase two-- I can't really understand why, this is working and I have a ways to go! I am already adding 2 eggs or an additional packet everyday, or at least trying to :/.
Not to argue with your coach who I hope can give you some answers, but why exactly does she think you are losing lean mass instead of fat? If it's because the scale says so, those things are not terribly accurate and I wouldn't put a lot of faith in them. Are you doing a lot of exercise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
This week has been so stressful! Interestingly enough, my habits of not being able to eat when I'm stressed came back... I somehow lost 7.6 lbs last week.... Which is now an 83 lb loss.... I'm so happy to see 250 on the scale!! I never dreamed 5 months ago I'd ever see that number again!
Hooray Deana! that is just awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Morning everyone. I had a NSV last night. I went to a girls night which involved pizza, candy, crisps and drinking. I took a veggie platter (must have been well received as it all went) and made sure that I had had dinner beforehand. Had my club soda with mint leaves and some mio juice. One of the ladies who I haven't seen in a while pulled me aside and told me I looked fantastic, that I'd obviously lost loads of weight and she was super jealous. Felt really good as my close friends have been very supportive but this was the first time that someone who didn't know I was on IP noticed the weight loss. I managed to stay 100% OP during the evening and had a great time.

There was a lot of talk about my birthday which is in march and is a BIG one. I thought I'd headed this off by organizing a trip to Vegas in August to see Britney Spears in concert. The plan being that I would be on phase 4 by then. They are talking about a champagne brunch near the big day. I tried to be non-committal as I really don't want to go off being 100% OP and I'm not keen to do some phasing off just for one night. Luckily, it's busy season which can be used as as an excuse for a couple of weeks or so. I think if I am coerced into doing something, I can organize a dinner at a restaurant and stay on plan. What could be a better birthday present to myself than a healthy lifestyle AND a slimmer me!!
Great NSV Rosie! Shows what planning can do for you!

I love your attitude about your birthday! And since it's your birthday you can always say "it's my birthday and this is what I want to do" because you're right - getting healthy is the best birthday present of all!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:46 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

My mother-in-law was so great last night. She is really trying to understand how I eat. We were there for her birthday and I did not bring anything because it was her birthday, so did not want her to feel bad or anything. She had turkey and nothing else was even close to plan. So I ate turkey and was fine with that. She thought I could eat regular jello and fruit and she did not put whip cream on the jello so it was not as fattening(if you look at cool whip which is what she would have used it actually has less carbs then the jello). I thanked her and explained they both had too much in sugar and carbs and I was truly fine with what I was eating. She loves to play cards and so we began the 5 hour card marathon(I hate playing anything but Euchre, but it was her birthday!). A couple of hours after the early dinner she brings out a veggie tray with all IP compliant foods. How sweet is that? So I got all my veggies in just fine.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:35 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

I was up 1.2lbs today. No idea how. I have been 100% OP all week. I dont like weeks where I am up. So disheartening
Old 02-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

A small NSV....last night my fiance rolled over in bed and put his hand on my stomach/hip and said 'your stomach is already way smaller!" Nice to hear since the scale hasn't moved that much!!
Closed Thread