Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #16  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

My DD sells Girl Scout cookes so we had 250 boxes delivered to our house to fill pre-orders. They sat on my coffee table until all of the orders were filled. Now I have 21 boxes left from orders not picked up. I have them on my desk at work trying to get rid of them.

They are STARING at me. LOL. It's not that bad but I do find myself thinking about them too much. I can't wait until they all sell!!!!!

Last edited by clbott; 02-15-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:26 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!

Today is my mother-in-law's 83 birthday. She wants us over for dinner, and to play cards. This is the woman that does not have anything of color in her meals, but it is her birthday, so I will eat what I can, and have a salad before I go to get veggies in. I am too close to goal to sabotage.

In the last 6 weeks I have not dropped a lot of weight, but I must be looking different. I got several NSVs yesterday. Our singing group piled into a little VW and I was in the back seat with two other ladies. They made me sit in the middle because I was the skinny one! We were talking about getting stuck in the snow, and I told the story of my car getting stuck earlier this week and my son and I having to rock it out of the ice patch it was in. One of the men shook his head and said how can a little thing like you push a car out(come on, its a little Civic.)

I am the producer of a local theater's next show and have been trying to get tech people. I went and visited my daughter's best friend who is a good sound guy. He said he did not recognize me at first and he was over a lot when she was home from break.

NSV's help when the scale movement is slower(and needs to be slower, the body HAS to catch up at this point)
I can so relate to where you are right now! My weight loss feels like it has slowed down too! I have had a lot of compliments on my weight loss lately as well and it seems I have to go shopping. My clothes are just too big and for some reason, I am trying to catch up to that fact! The NSV's are good reminders of how far we've come and how worth it is to feel better and be healthier. This plan came at the perfect time for me. I was ready for change!

Congratulations to all those with good losses! For those struggling, just don't give up! Its a new day, put it behind you. The plan works and its worth it!!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbierm View Post
For valentines day my DH gave me go veggie cheddar cheese (that was pretty sweet). Can we use this? If so, how would we count it? Thank you in advance! I'm afraid to use it in fear of throwing things off!
Unfortunately, it isn't on the P1 sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Lisa, I woke up thinking about you this morning. I wanted to say how much I appreciate your commitment to this forum especially when you have been in a prolonged stall since the fall. You have continued to be positive about the program, hold us accountable, provide information - sometimes the same info more than once and celebrate our victories. You have done a great job with your loses and have managed to maintain while you figure out your next steps which is amazing.

Just wanted to say thanks
Gee...thanks.
We'll get it figured out. And in the meantime I get to learn to maintain, which is something I've been crappy at in the past! Coming here daily reminds me to stick with maintaining, even if P1 isn't producing weight loss for me right now.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-15-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 213.8/199.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Unfortunately, it isn't on the P1 sheet.
Well darnit! Hopefully DH can use it!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #20  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Jendilly - thanks for your compliment on yesterday's Daily Chat. I don't really think I am awesome - I just try to give back a little of what I get here. I think you are great.

Ruth Ann- there must be a direct line between Colorado and Washington and our brains. I try (and I believe you must too) take a realistic and simplistic approach to IP- if it isn't on the sheet - you don't eat it.

Have a great LONG weekend.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #21  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
So when I went to WI yesterday, I was planning on hitting the 201-202 mark, but I hit 199! It was so thrilling!!! Coach D. & I did a happy dance
Congratulations! Welcome to ONEderland! You never have to see that darn 2 again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbierm View Post
I had WI #1 today and I lost 6.8 pounds. So happy with this! I will admit there were a few rough days. Hopefully those will become fewer and farther between. Today I say let the journey begin.
Congrats on your first week! It is definitely an accomplishment. There will be rough days, truly, but with the right attitude and preparation, you will make it through. Here's to many more successful weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Today is my mother-in-law's 83 birthday. She wants us over for dinner, and to play cards. This is the woman that does not have anything of color in her meals, but it is her birthday, so I will eat what I can, and have a salad before I go to get veggies in. I am too close to goal to sabotage.

NSV's help when the scale movement is slower(and needs to be slower, the body HAS to catch up at this point)
You seem so well-prepared to deal with your mother-in-law's b-day dinner. I know you will do fine! Congrats on all the NSV's! You are so right- they do help when the scale is moving slower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
You're absolutely right on the planning Lisa - I do mine a week in advance and then adjust daily if needed because sometimes things happen. Mental attitude is a huge part of the battle - I still have to ask myself regularly "do I need to eat or do I just want to eat?" I may have to ask myself that question for the rest of my life but at least now I know enough to even question myself! (If that made any sense.)
I am right with you, Ruth Ann! I find myself more and more asking myself that very question. Usually the answer is that I just want to eat- so I don't. Those thoughts usually hit me between 2-5 PM, and I am not sure why. Perhaps I am avoiding something (work, perhaps?), or maybe that is just a rough time of day for me.

Have a great day and weekend, everyone! Looking forward to WI tomorrow.

~Renee
Old 02-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #22  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Is this odd?

I have never been a fan of cooking shows or competition/reality shows but in the last month I have started watching food Network and Cooking channel. I don't know if it is because they are making foods that I can't eat on P1 (or in some cases ever again - like Donut Showdown or Cupcakewars) and I get my fix that way.

I like watching Chopped too - I can attribute this to enjoying cooking now and maybe picking up techniques. Maybe?

I also have been watching My 600 lb life. This one I find motivating. I was ever this big (275 was my highest adult weight) but their stories (and excuses) motivate me.

Just seems a little odd that while I am doing a regimented protocol I start watching cooking shows and shows about sweets.

Oh we'll, done with confessing my secret tv enjoyment.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

So yesterday was day 8 and I was feeling oh so hungry. My MIL invited for us for fish dinner, so I told her to not to put any oil on my fish prior to broiling it and to leave my salad on the side for me and I will season it. She was a little put off, but oh well. Food was excellent, but there were so many other things that she made, and I resisted temptation.

I went to bed with a growling stomach, first time on IP. I had dreams of me indulging in all these foods and wines, and even in my dream I felt horrible. When I woke up it took me a few moments to determine where I was last night and what I actually ate.

I know that I read somewhere that there is a feeling of hunger prior to a drop and I really hope that is the case.[ur

Have a great weekend IP peeps

Last edited by kontesanera; 02-15-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
I have never been a fan of cooking shows or competition/reality shows but in the last month I have started watching food Network and Cooking channel. I don't know if it is because they are making foods that I can't eat on P1 (or in some cases ever again - like Donut Showdown or Cupcakewars) and I get my fix that way.

I like watching Chopped too - I can attribute this to enjoying cooking now and maybe picking up techniques. Maybe?

I also have been watching My 600 lb life. This one I find motivating. I was ever this big (275 was my highest adult weight) but their stories (and excuses) motivate me.

Just seems a little odd that while I am doing a regimented protocol I start watching cooking shows and shows about sweets.

Oh we'll, done with confessing my secret tv enjoyment.
I've always liked Chopped and Top Chef. I think they've given me more kitchen confidence. And I love the creativity of cake decorating shows (cupcake wars, Cake Boss)

I'm not a fan of shows that I believe are abusive (such as Biggest Loser) or that spotlight the self-destructive behaviors of others. I had gotten to the point where I wasn't watching much TV at all. I probably should get back there again.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Sometimes I wish this chat room had a "like" button. There are lots of things to like today. Congrats on the losses and the NSVs.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #26  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Love reading all of the successes, and also the confessions, too. That's what's so great about this place. People are always willing to celebrate with you, and also pick you up, dust you off, give you advice and encouragement...and help you move on.

I could use a little quick advice. I went to bed last night not feeling so great. Couldn't warm up, felt a little light-headed. Woke up in the night with a sore throat and my ears a little plugged. This morning, my nose is a bit plugged, too. I can't get sick now...I'm flying to Arizona tomorrow and then doing a bit of driving to tour some college campuses with my daughter. I could use some remedies that are IP compliant! What do you do to zap a cold? In the past, it's been Alka-Seltzer Cold, Dayquil, Emer-gen C and some hot tea as my go-to's. I need to kill this bug quickly!
Old 02-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #27  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
Sometimes I wish this chat room had a "like" button. There are lots of things to like today. Congrats on the losses and the NSVs.

I have thought the exact same thing! I've gone to hit "like" on someone's comment, and it's just not there. So, here's a "LIKE" to your comment.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:35 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 225/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone-- it is awesome to have a place to read and share our news... good, bad, confessions etc.

Made it through the crazy weather to WI yesterday, down to 2.08.4, I was thrilled to break 210. I had a good talk with my coach too-- I shared that I am drinking a crazy amount of water-- way more than required because I am ALWAYS thirsty. My hydration is good (according to her 2.7-3.4 in all 4 weigh ins). I bought some MIO for when water wasn't appealing and I haven't even come close to needing it, water is still delicious almost one month in.

I traded in some packets from my intro package to try some recipes-- raspberry jelly with peach mango drink in the fridge now-- Hoping to have half for dessert tonight.

Finally, coach is still concerned that I am loosing lean mass, suggested we "talk" about going to phase two-- I can't really understand why, this is working and I have a ways to go! I am already adding 2 eggs or an additional packet everyday, or at least trying to :/.

Oh, really finally, I can't seem to figure out a weight tracker, the link in the quick links seems to dead end.... any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #29  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPMaryD View Post

Oh, really finally, I can't seem to figure out a weight tracker, the link in the quick links seems to dead end.... any ideas?

Thanks!
I googled 'ticker' and after creating one on another website I cut and pasted (not the picture but the 'code') it into my signature on 3FC's
Old 02-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
I can so relate to where you are right now! My weight loss feels like it has slowed down too! I have had a lot of compliments on my weight loss lately as well and it seems I have to go shopping. My clothes are just too big and for some reason, I am trying to catch up to that fact! The NSV's are good reminders of how far we've come and how worth it is to feel better and be healthier. This plan came at the perfect time for me. I was ready for change!

Congratulations to all those with good losses! For those struggling, just don't give up! Its a new day, put it behind you. The plan works and its worth it!!
You need to go shopping and get smaller sizes. It is a lot of fun!

At the pool this morning I had a friend come up and tell me I looked really fit and well muscled. Just shows you don't have to lose muscle mass on a low call diet!
Closed Thread