3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Serial dieter.. trying IP.. but I'm sooo HUNGRY! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292795-serial-dieter-trying-ip-but-im-sooo-hungry.html)

JamSwissT 02-14-2014 11:07 AM

Serial dieter.. trying IP.. but I'm sooo HUNGRY!
 
Hi,

I'm Tobi and this is day 6 of IP for me. I live in Jamaica (the island).
I have been on the weight roller coaster for most of my life.. topping off at 250 and lowest 161 (I'm 5'10).. I had maintained 168-174 for a long time and last year everything went awry, my trainer left and I got a new boyfriend. When I went to the nutritionist I was 189. As of this morning I was 180 so I guess IP works (low carb tends to work for me anyway).

Here are my problems: I am living in Jamaica so I am very limited on what I can get and can only wait till I go to the US to get some things.. No WF here, no lemons, limited vegetable options. So I do 'cheat' I have a little bit of salmon on my salad at lunch time. Not beating my self up about it. I don't drink enough water (working on that too).
I got a months supply of IP stuff.. I HATE the omelet (but will eat it with veggies) but the Oatmeal is just NASTY! YUCK!!

So the first couple days were fine but yesterday and today (so far). I am HUNGRY! I had a cup of tea and the cheesecake (cheesecake for breakfast.. heck yeah!) but now I am sitting here.. about an hour and a half away from lunch time and I am HUNGRY.. I will stick it out till lunch time but I really want to eat.. and then I'm gonna have a salad with some IP chips and I'll still be HUNGRY. I know I have the willpower to do it.. But I don't want to just be hungry all the time because it'll be more likely to cheat...

Ruth Ann 02-14-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamSwissT (Post 4943821)
Hi,

I'm Tobi and this is day 6 of IP for me. I live in Jamaica (the island).
I have been on the weight roller coaster for most of my life.. topping off at 250 and lowest 161 (I'm 5'10).. I had maintained 168-174 for a long time and last year everything went awry, my trainer left and I got a new boyfriend. When I went to the nutritionist I was 189. As of this morning I was 180 so I guess IP works (low carb tends to work for me anyway).

Here are my problems: I am living in Jamaica so I am very limited on what I can get and can only wait till I go to the US to get some things.. No WF here, no lemons, limited vegetable options. So I do 'cheat' I have a little bit of salmon on my salad at lunch time. Not beating my self up about it. I don't drink enough water (working on that too).
I got a months supply of IP stuff.. I HATE the omelet (but will eat it with veggies) but the Oatmeal is just NASTY! YUCK!!

So the first couple days were fine but yesterday and today (so far). I am HUNGRY! I had a cup of tea and the cheesecake (cheesecake for breakfast.. heck yeah!) but now I am sitting here.. about an hour and a half away from lunch time and I am HUNGRY.. I will stick it out till lunch time but I really want to eat.. and then I'm gonna have a salad with some IP chips and I'll still be HUNGRY. I know I have the willpower to do it.. But I don't want to just be hungry all the time because it'll be more likely to cheat...

Tobi - congrats on getting started! The first few days are really rough but remember you can have an extra unrestricted pack if needed to help you through the first week or so. After the first few days it really does get easier for most people.

Eat more lettuce, drink hot herbal tea, make sure you get all your water in, eat some pickles - those all help. Try and distract yourself - take a nice hot bath, read a book, read the forums here to keep you busy.

JLUS 02-14-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamSwissT (Post 4943821)
Hi,

I'm Tobi and this is day 6 of IP for me. I live in Jamaica (the island).
I have been on the weight roller coaster for most of my life.. topping off at 250 and lowest 161 (I'm 5'10).. I had maintained 168-174 for a long time and last year everything went awry, my trainer left and I got a new boyfriend. When I went to the nutritionist I was 189. As of this morning I was 180 so I guess IP works (low carb tends to work for me anyway).

Here are my problems: I am living in Jamaica so I am very limited on what I can get and can only wait till I go to the US to get some things.. No WF here, no lemons, limited vegetable options. So I do 'cheat' I have a little bit of salmon on my salad at lunch time. Not beating my self up about it. I don't drink enough water (working on that too).
I got a months supply of IP stuff.. I HATE the omelet (but will eat it with veggies) but the Oatmeal is just NASTY! YUCK!!

So the first couple days were fine but yesterday and today (so far). I am HUNGRY! I had a cup of tea and the cheesecake (cheesecake for breakfast.. heck yeah!) but now I am sitting here.. about an hour and a half away from lunch time and I am HUNGRY.. I will stick it out till lunch time but I really want to eat.. and then I'm gonna have a salad with some IP chips and I'll still be HUNGRY. I know I have the willpower to do it.. But I don't want to just be hungry all the time because it'll be more likely to cheat...

Having limited items available can be a challenge but I am confident all our IPers here can come up with some good ideas for you.

In the first week or two you can have an extra non-restricted packet to get through the hungries. Also try an egg white or two scrambled with some of your veggies as a snack. Lots of people split their protein between lunch and dinner so instead of "extra" protein (salmon on your salad) just have a couple ounces then less at dinner. (Remember salmon is restricted to one 8 oz servings per week). I bet you can get some other amazing whitefish where you are! Chicken or steak is also a great salad topper.

Many people eat dill pickles as an afternoon snack and it really helps with hunger. Also lettuce is unlimited (iceberg, romaine, Boston, Bibb). I am surprised it is hard to get lemons there - do any stores sell the bottled lemon juice! How about limes? That with EVOO and spices makes a great salad dressing that most people like better than WF anyway!

Hot drinks also help with hunger... Flavored decaf teas, decaf coffee and even beef or chicken bullion/broth that is 0/0/0 (0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 sugars).

Drink LOTS of water which also helps with hunger.

What veggies do you have available from the P1 sheet list?

Hope this helps keep you on track. Hang tough!!

Ruth Ann 02-14-2014 11:46 AM

As usual Jlus you have a much more complete answer than I do! I swear, you must be the fastest typer on the planet. :D

You always give such great answers - you are awesome!

jendilly 02-14-2014 11:53 AM

Push through it with the advice above. You will hear some great wisdom from the people on this board. The hunger will pass! Drink lots of water, herbal tea. It does get easier and your energy will come back. Keep going!!!

JLUS 02-14-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4943861)
As usual Jlus you have a much more complete answer than I do! I swear, you must be the fastest typer on the planet. :D

You always give such great answers - you are awesome!

Ah, but you got quickly to the heart of the matter while I was still typing. It's great we all are able to give helpful info so there is LOTS to choose from.

Happy OP Valentines Day to ALL!

patns 02-14-2014 12:21 PM

You likely don't have access to rhubarb but if you do the oatmeal makes a wonder crisp.

Also not sure which fresh veggies you have, my coach told me the most successful people she has eat an enormous salad at lunch. Also using the 2 extra egg whites gives lots of options to make with the packages and the oatmeal one is very useful.

JamSwissT 02-14-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 4943841)
Having limited items available can be a challenge but I am confident all our IPers here can come up with some good ideas for you.

In the first week or two you can have an extra non-restricted packet to get through the hungries. Also try an egg white or two scrambled with some of your veggies as a snack. Lots of people split their protein between lunch and dinner so instead of "extra" protein (salmon on your salad) just have a couple ounces then less at dinner. (Remember salmon is restricted to one 8 oz servings per week). I bet you can get some other amazing whitefish where you are! Chicken or steak is also a great salad topper.

Many people eat dill pickles as an afternoon snack and it really helps with hunger. Also lettuce is unlimited (iceberg, romaine, Boston, Bibb). I am surprised it is hard to get lemons there - do any stores sell the bottled lemon juice! How about limes? That with EVOO and spices makes a great salad dressing that most people like better than WF anyway!

Hot drinks also help with hunger... Flavored decaf teas, decaf coffee and even beef or chicken bullion/broth that is 0/0/0 (0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 sugars).

Drink LOTS of water which also helps with hunger.

What veggies do you have available from the P1 sheet list?

Hope this helps keep you on track. Hang tough!!

My nutritionist told me I can't have any limes!! That would make drinking more water so much easier!! I am just NOT a water drinker at all (I'm working on it).

It's not too bad because I work Mon - Sat so I usually try and make myself busy, but sometimes I find myself staring off into space thinking about food (which I never did on any other diet before). The shakes are a no go for me because I like to eat and I'm not afraid to say it!

From the veggie list I can get - Asparagus (canned as the fresh ones are about US$10 for a bunch), Broccolli (expensive), Cauliflower (which I love), Cabbage - It says no green cabbage on my paper but I can only get green and purple here, Cucumbers, Dill Pickles (canned/bottled), Green Onions, Bell Peppers, Kale (only sometimes), Mushrooms (but way too expensive), Okra, Onions, Hot Peppers, Spinach (sometimes) and that's about it.

Dinner is fine really - As for lunch my boyfriend and I try to have lunch together everyday and there is only one place I can get a nice salad so I can have lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes (sometimes), jalapenos and then either smoked salmon, grilled salmon, smoked marlin or turkey on it.

I love coffee but I usually have a lots of milk.. I'm learning to like it without it.. I have a lot of peppermint tea (does that count towards my 64oz?)

JamSwissT 02-14-2014 12:25 PM

Anyone have ideas on how to make the oatmeal taste better... Mine was like a brown goopy yuckyness...

JLUS 02-14-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamSwissT (Post 4943885)
Anyone have ideas on how to make the oatmeal taste better... Mine was like a brown goopy yuckyness...

I add a bit more water than stated and I microwave it 1 min and a couple seconds more at a time (watch it because it puffs but hoes down right away when you stop). I find the thinner and cooked version better for me.

Also I add an egg white and 1/4 tsp baking powder along with a little water to make a muffin batter. I add flavor such as. Coffee extract, or vanilla, almond, etc. then bake in well-sprayed muffin tins (no paper cups - it sticks) and enjoy muffins!

Find and read the recipe threads on ways to make packets better! Someone can maybe link them here for you (my cell phone doesn't let me link).

Ruth Ann 02-14-2014 12:40 PM

Tobi: Check out the recipe threads up in the stickies. Tons of things you can do with the shakes to bulk them up and make them fill you up better (add spinach, etc.).

We just had a discussion regarding the cabbage and generally I think the consensus was that green is okay.

But really, time is going to be your friend as far as the hungries go. Hang in there, it should get better here quickly!

ems70508 02-14-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamSwissT (Post 4943884)
My nutritionist told me I can't have any limes!! That would make drinking more water so much easier!! I am just NOT a water drinker at all (I'm working on it).

It's not too bad because I work Mon - Sat so I usually try and make myself busy, but sometimes I find myself staring off into space thinking about food (which I never did on any other diet before). The shakes are a no go for me because I like to eat and I'm not afraid to say it!

From the veggie list I can get - Asparagus (canned as the fresh ones are about US$10 for a bunch), Broccolli (expensive), Cauliflower (which I love), Cabbage - It says no green cabbage on my paper but I can only get green and purple here, Cucumbers, Dill Pickles (canned/bottled), Green Onions, Bell Peppers, Kale (only sometimes), Mushrooms (but way too expensive), Okra, Onions, Hot Peppers, Spinach (sometimes) and that's about it.

Dinner is fine really - As for lunch my boyfriend and I try to have lunch together everyday and there is only one place I can get a nice salad so I can have lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes (sometimes), jalapenos and then either smoked salmon, grilled salmon, smoked marlin or turkey on it.

I love coffee but I usually have a lots of milk.. I'm learning to like it without it.. I have a lot of peppermint tea (does that count towards my 64oz?)


Pretty sure green cabbage is a go. I've been eating it and it's fine. Could you and your BF pack lunches and meet somewhere? I think you making your own salad would help you because you can control it. I love making a big salad and putting peppers, cukes, pickled okra, and occasional tomatoes. Sometimes I use my oil allotment as my dressing but usually WF. Can you order WF? That may help you out. THey make travel packets that I keep in my purse. I split my protein sometimes and have a boiled egg (or 2) on my salad. Really keeps me full. Do you have access to liquid crystal light or Mio? I put a little of that in my water and it helps.

Maile 02-14-2014 01:08 PM

I took the crispy cereal packets and added eggwhites and water and made a pancake for breakfast. Dump lots of spices in the omelettes..that helps. Drink lots of herbal tea..does not count as water. Good luck

Ruth Ann 02-14-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4943916)
I took the crispy cereal packets and added eggwhites and water and made a pancake for breakfast. Dump lots of spices in the omelettes..that helps. Drink lots of herbal tea..does not count as water. Good luck

Maile - I thought decaf tea counted as water? Have I been wrong all these months? :(

JamSwissT 02-14-2014 04:37 PM

Thanks for the advice, it really helps. I know that I can do it.. I have done it before... several times.. It\'s just that I don\'t want to be hungry... Let\'s see if I can make that oatmeal a little nicer because right now it is YUCK!

Now can I make it through tonight... Valentines dinner... I can stick to the plan EXCEPT I really would love a glass of red wine tonight. I probably won\'t have it but I don\'t think I am going to beat myself up about it if I do


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 PM.



Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2