Old 02-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default Water Consumption

I have a water consumption question.

I went to weigh in today and I met with a new coach at the clinic (she isnt new, I just haven't ever met with her)

Anyway, I was saying that I thought I would have lost more considering this is the end of my 3rd week and I can honestly say I have not cheated once

She went through my diary day by day and said I am following everything to a T and I am still loosing weight, just slower.

At the end she says, are you getting enough water and I had my water bottle in my hand and I said 'yeah' I drink at least 5 of these a day. She says NOOOOO, you should be drinking 2x that amount. She pointed to my IP diary and said for each box, that it equals one 'regular' bottle of water.

I was checking off 2 boxes for a full bottle of water. But... in the little box it says 8oz, well my water bottle has 16oz of water - so am I right in checking two.

I am confused now, and my regular coach is gone for another week ....
Amanda112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #2  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda112 View Post
I have a water consumption question.

I went to weigh in today and I met with a new coach at the clinic (she isnt new, I just haven't ever met with her)

Anyway, I was saying that I thought I would have lost more considering this is the end of my 3rd week and I can honestly say I have not cheated once

She went through my diary day by day and said I am following everything to a T and I am still loosing weight, just slower.

At the end she says, are you getting enough water and I had my water bottle in my hand and I said 'yeah' I drink at least 5 of these a day. She says NOOOOO, you should be drinking 2x that amount. She pointed to my IP diary and said for each box, that it equals one 'regular' bottle of water.

I was checking off 2 boxes for a full bottle of water. But... in the little box it says 8oz, well my water bottle has 16oz of water - so am I right in checking two.

I am confused now, and my regular coach is gone for another week ....
The water requirement is at least 64 oz of water per day. That is 8 - 8oz glasses of water. I just checked my P1 sheet and in bold at the top it says "minimum of 64 oz of water per day". That is 8 glasses.
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #3  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Oy! Poorly trained coach's strike again. I always checked 2 for a 16 oz glass. I believe minimum is 80 oz a day.
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #4  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
The water requirement is at least 64 oz of water per day. That is 8 - 8oz glasses of water. I just checked my P1 sheet and in bold at the top it says "minimum of 64 oz of water per day". That is 8 glasses.
Thanks Carol! There ya go I was looking for the p1 sheet
Old 02-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5

Thank you, Thank you..

I have been drinking the right amount all along, sometimes a bit more.
I am glad I asked, if not - tomorrow I would be drinking a minimum of 10 bottles of water.
Amanda112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #6  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thank you, Thank you..

I am glad I asked, if not - tomorrow I would be drinking a minimum of 10 bottles of water.
I try to drink more than 64 oz per day - sometimes I am able to - other days just get the 64. I also drink 2-4 cups of herbal decaf hot tea a day. I usually have a cup of hot tea on my desk and water at the same time because the water makes me cold and the hot tea counteracts that.
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #7  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Thank you, Thank you..

Just as a personal choice I shoot for 100oz a day. But like I said personal choice. I suffer from extremely dry skin in the winter (heated air) and e water seems to help. I also drink several cups of coffee a day so I add extra.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I'm with Nola. I have a 24oz tervis tumbler and drink 2 full cups of it before and after lunch. Plus coffee and any additional tea during the day.
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote