3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Consistency of the Premier Protein Chocolate shake? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292700-consistency-premier-protein-chocolate-shake.html)

starapple 02-11-2014 03:05 PM

Consistency of the Premier Protein Chocolate shake?

Does anyone knows what the consistency of the Premier Protein Chocolate shake from Costco should be? I bought a case recently and when I pour out the shake, it is almost like chocolate pudding. Is it suppose to be that lumpy, or did I get a bad batch?

mckaren4 02-11-2014 03:21 PM

it is a thick shake-but it shouldn't be lumpy. Is it past the expiration date?
I like to add mine to decaf coffee and have a mocha-

vtcowgirl 02-11-2014 08:29 PM

Mine are the exact consistency of the IP ones. Never lumpy. And I noticed that there aren't little chunk like things when you get to the bottom like I often found with the IP ones.

mnmomX2 02-13-2014 03:58 PM

I got a lumpy batch from Costco, too. I contacted the Premeir Protien people and they said they are working on the formula. They also sent me a case of shakes, which was very nice! Worth contacting them and offering feedback.

TatiN 02-14-2014 11:36 AM

I've had several bad batches that were at least 6 months away from being expired. I just took them back to Costco and exchange them, no questions asked. The consistency is smooth liquid, it shouldn't be lumpy at all.

shrinkingsusie 02-14-2014 09:52 PM

I have had several "lumpy" shakes. It really is hit or miss, but worth it for the non lumpy ones. I usually buy a few cases at a time, too, so I'm either stuck with lumpy ones or luck out with non lumpy.

I have cut back on them recently to try to use up some of my other packets, so I really only have one at work if I don't have time to come home for lunch.

mckaren4 02-18-2014 12:04 PM

I just opened a vanilla shake that was lumpy
I called the number on the carton and they are mailing me
a replacement case-even though it is not considered spoiled and is totally edible....

starapple 02-19-2014 02:34 PM

Thanks you all!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I called the company, and they will be sending me a replacement case. It's better than hauling the case back to Costco.

Much appreciation guys!

Kawaii1002 02-22-2014 01:17 PM

I've only got them once at BJ's (we don't have Costco in CT), and the ones I got were kind of "gluey".. I wanted to warm it a bit, and it turned into a lumpy gross mess.. I really love that they are 30 grams of protein, but if they are going to be so goopy, I'm not sure if I can choke it down. That being said, if the consistency is an error, I'll definitely contact them and see what happens.

mckaren4 05-15-2014 12:53 PM

New followup:
after receiving a free case back in February -I just received a package from ups
They have changed their formula and they sent me a case of the new formula for free!!!

JLUS 05-15-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckaren4 (Post 5004488)
New followup:
after receiving a free case back in February -I just received a package from ups
They have changed their formula and they sent me a case of the new formula for free!!!

WOW!! Excellent Customer Service!

How's the new formula?

mckaren4 05-15-2014 05:24 PM

Tastes the same to me!!

SarahEileen 05-19-2014 01:13 PM

Hey Everyone.... Do you drink the Premier Protein shakes daily? The only thing I worry about is the 30g of protein. I am trying to switch from the IP packets to a cheaper alternative. I just can't afford to keep spending so much each month. I LOVE these shakes, so I sure hope they're okay and won't slow my weight loss. I would be willing to try splitting them in half and watering them down so I got 2 shakes out of 1 every day. Thoughts? Thanks so much!!!

JLUS 05-19-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahEileen (Post 5006612)
Hey Everyone.... Do you drink the Premier Protein shakes daily? The only thing I worry about is the 30g of protein. I am trying to switch from the IP packets to a cheaper alternative. I just can't afford to keep spending so much each month. I LOVE these shakes, so I sure hope they're okay and won't slow my weight loss. I would be willing to try splitting them in half and watering them down so I got 2 shakes out of 1 every day. Thoughts? Thanks so much!!!

30 is really too much protein for IP. 20 g is around tops for IP packets.

Some do split these and they also make a smaller 100 calorie 18 gram protein version. Problem with splitting or smaller version is it isn't a lot of volume to fill you up.

mainemum 05-19-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahEileen (Post 5006612)

I don't use them daily, but I use them often, and my losses are just fine so far. I blend 1/2 of an 11 oz bottle with ice and a cup of cold coffee, and some flavored stevia. Makes a large, frosty shake, and 1/2 of a bottle has 15g protein, 80 calories, 1.5g fat, and 1g net carbs. I use 1/2 of an 11oz bottle as a replacement for a packet.

At my Sam's Club, they also sell a smaller size bottle with 18g protein, 100 calories, and I can't recall the fat/carbs. It is a bit bigger in volume than just pouring out half of the larger bottle, but it isn't resealable. I just use those as a straight replacement for a packet, 1:1. It fills me up with my salad and veggies at lunch just as well as the IP chocolate drink.