Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 05:27 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 210/See ticker /135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
I have a p1 sheet dated 4/2013 that does not list the NoviCleanse.
I did it when I originally did IP, but not at the 4 week mark (long story).
Short story -- don't worry about it and don't bother with it.
In prowling the internet, it appears Ideal Protein no longer suggests using fiber supplements such as the Novi-lax which was part of the Novi Cleanse kit. I think they are releasing a new product which is a probiotic.

Bottom line, stay the p1 course and no need for Novi Cleanse.

(It didn't really do that much anyway--first week it slows the weight loss then you get a loss to kind of make up for it and then afterwards you lose at the same rate, well at least that is what I remember for me.)
I just printed the new sheets, and wala! It's not there so that is good to know. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:20 AM   #47  

Good morning everyone
This thread is useful for another day

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie739 View Post
I've discovered zucchini noodles and WF tomato sauce. I am in HEAVEN! My husband keeps saying some of these recipes feel like we are cheating, they are so good. Last week we had pork fried cauli rice and it was awesome!
Proof that healthy eating can (and should) still taste good!
I refuse to eat bland, boring food just because I'm on a weight loss plan. Some of the things I've tried have been hit-or-miss and need adjustment but that happened prior to IP as well.

It is so much easier to stay OP when we don't feel so deprived
Old 02-12-2014, 07:21 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
I agree with the others, the mixer is not going to destroy your proteins unless you are blending your vitamix for 20 minutes and making it boil. The directions on both the chocolate drink mix and the soups say you can gently heat them.

As for staying with a coach, that depends on you. Then again, the $85 for forever coaching is only an awesome deal if...you expect that the business is solid and will be around "forever" (or at least a few more years) and if the coaching you get is worth more than "don't blend your packets".

I haven't followed your whole story, so are you switching clinics or will you get a year of p4 coaching even if you select not to do it forever?
Do I think this business is solid? They have been around for a while. Both coaches/doctors have been personally trained by The Developer of the Protein Protocol - Dr. Tran Tien Chanh. They told me that, posted it on their website, and there is a picture of the 3 of them hanging in the office as well as on the website. They claim to be the largest or most successful clinic on the East Coast. They have multiple thick albums of success stories in the form of pictures. I was sort of impressed by their credentials so I don't know if I want to completely ignore them....

I learned about the diet in VA and went to an informational session. They could not make themselves available for me before I had to return to GA, (and now I'm glad about that, considering the difference in cost.) So no, I have never been on this diet or P4 before. They would take me on as a brand new client and I would get a year of P4 coaching. (I would probably leave GA before that.)

I have done well, but probably not as well as I could have done with someone to answer questions and guide me specifically since all I have had is a few papers to go on. I haven't completely decided but am leaning toward "yes." I, too, think it is an awesome deal.

Thanks for your interest and response.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:30 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I have a p1 sheet dated 4/2013 that does not list the NoviCleanse.
The P1 sheet in the stickies/daily link is Feb 2013. Is March any different?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

enjoyed the posts on use of blender, I have never been told not to blend the packets. I blends them into smooties with "coffee" ice cubes for an ice cap treat, and I bake with the puddings/vanilla drink packs - make them into yummy loafs.

Also congradulations to JO! Holidays sounded like a nice break, we also went to Mexico for a break for a week of this Manitoba weather.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #51  

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is doing well.

Started phase 3 this week. I feel like I'm cheating with all the food that I am getting at breakfast. But I'm staying within the guidelines. My total weight loss so far is 98lbs. I have prepared myself for the fact that I might gain a few of those back over the next 2 weeks. But I'm hoping it will only be a few and not 10! Anyway I am throughly enjoying a nice hot breakfast every morning. It is very welcome.

Everyone have a good day!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #52  

Huge ice storm coming through here today. I'm really hoping we don't lose power. They are saying if you do, it could be out for several days. I'm doing a preemptive roasting of veggies this morning. I think I can eat them cold if they're cooked.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allend428 View Post
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is doing well.

Started phase 3 this week. I feel like I'm cheating with all the food that I am getting at breakfast. But I'm staying within the guidelines. My total weight loss so far is 98lbs. I have prepared myself for the fact that I might gain a few of those back over the next 2 weeks. But I'm hoping it will only be a few and not 10! Anyway I am throughly enjoying a nice hot breakfast every morning. It is very welcome.

Everyone have a good day!
Wow! 98 lbs! That's awesome! Congrats!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #54  

Re:blending:heating packets
Even the IP videos show recipes doing both

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
The P1 sheet in the stickies/daily link is Feb 2013. Is March any different?
The p 1 sheet in the stickies is from Dec 2013

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-12-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #55  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Is regular cabbage allowed? I see a lot of posts about roasting it, but I just checked the protocol sheet for P1 and I don't see it on there. It has red, pak choi and bok choi listed. But not green. I thought I remember them telling me at orientation (back in July) that green was not allowed.

Any ideas?

Carol
Old 02-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #56  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I've been using green cabbage all along - never thought to ask my coach if it was different than red cabbage. I weigh in today and will ask.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Re:blending:heating packets
Even the IP videos show recipes doing both

The p 1 sheet in the stickies is from Dec 2013
Ah - I opened the Daily Chat IP Protocol sheets and didn't notice the first one listed is P2!! Oooops - my error! I just did a quick glance at the date, not the sheet itself

Last edited by JLUS; 02-12-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #58  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Vippy, good luck with the storm. Roasted veggies put on the counter for a few hours taste wonderful at room temp. I love putting them on a lettuce salad for a change.

I am feeling a bit disheartened. I've been following protocol since Friday. This morning I stepped on the scale. Down only 1/2 pound. This is where I would want to give up. I was eating very low carb for weeks prior so expect no whoosh from that. I think I'm getting more sodium from packets because my rings are tight. Also need help in the poop department so took something last night. These last pounds are really a bear to budge. I'm not going to quit because there is so much success here and I believe that I can find success as well if I stick to it.

Have a fun day and good luck to everyone in the storm areas!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #59  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I've been using green cabbage all along - never thought to ask my coach if it was different than red cabbage. I weigh in today and will ask.
Good luck on your weigh in. I have mine this afternoon. I will ask too (if I remember). We can compare the answers they give us.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by calee View Post
Vippy, good luck with the storm. Roasted veggies put on the counter for a few hours taste wonderful at room temp. I love putting them on a lettuce salad for a change.

I am feeling a bit disheartened. I've been following protocol since Friday. This morning I stepped on the scale. Down only 1/2 pound. This is where I would want to give up. I was eating very low carb for weeks prior so expect no whoosh from that. I think I'm getting more sodium from packets because my rings are tight. Also need help in the poop department so took something last night. These last pounds are really a bear to budge. I'm not going to quit because there is so much success here and I believe that I can find success as well if I stick to it.

Have a fun day and good luck to everyone in the storm areas!
Hang in there. The pounds are just creeping off me, but the the daily scale is going down, just very slowwww. Better than up!
Closed Thread