Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 06:59 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-10-2014, 07:12 AM   #2  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning everyone

Happy Monday!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #3  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Went to visit my parents and my sister had smooth move tea - it worked wonders. I grabbed myself a box at Target. Just wondering how often everyone uses it? Just when you are feeling "backed up"?
Old 02-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Went to visit my parents and my sister had smooth move tea - it worked wonders. I grabbed myself a box at Target. Just wondering how often everyone uses it? Just when you are feeling "backed up"?
Just when I'm backed up - I don't think it's a good idea or necessary to use it when everything is normal.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/Ticker/130

Height: 5'2''

Default Thank you, Lisa!

I check the daily chat the first thing in the morning, Lisa
Old 02-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #6  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!! I weigh in on Mondays at home and Wednesdays with my coach, 2 more pounds gone as of this morning!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, we spent ours around the house cleaning up the leaves in the backyard and getting all of the dog hair out of my house. We let our dogs in anytime it is 40 or below outside and lately that has been fairly often. The dog hair in my house was driving me bananas!! I looked at the weekly forecast today and it looks like they will back inside tonight, lol. Oh well I guess I will spend next Sunday (my birthday!) doing the same.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #7  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Happy Monday all. My house guests are gone so I'll be spending the day cleaning up again. Stripping beds washing linen etc.

I think for dinner I'll make some IP meatballs. Not sure what veggies to use. Maybe I'll go get some okra! I really thought it was a restricted veggie. Excited it's not
Old 02-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #8  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Good morning all. So I had a total meltdown yesterday - after having my phase 3 breakfast I worked out with my trainer at the gym, came home, had a phase 3 lunch but when I started to prepare for a dinner party, I 'found' a box of chocolate covered toffee candy and just kept eating it until I burst into tears. I quit, thought it was over. At dinner I was fine until dessert. I made a separate piece of fish without sauce, roasted veggies that were on the protocol but when the dessert platter was on the table, I just started helping myself to cheese, crackers and chocolate. It was like I couldn't help myself, my self-control went right out the window.

This morning, I feel like crap, both physically and mentally. I put myself back on Phase 1. My question is do I stay on phase 1 just for the day and go back to phase 3? I am trying really hard not to beat myself up, I have been so strict, and the only times I've gone off plan were deliberate - I planned for it. Yesterday was like WHAM back to the old way of furtively eating and then saying screw it. Which is very scary for me, I am very worried about sticking to maintenance and the 'losing it' last night was just scary. Any words of wisdom? I am in my last week of phase 3 and with 'eating for the rest of my life' looming, I'm freaking out.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #9  

Height: 5 '6

I'm going to visit friends in a tiny village an hour away today (long weekend in BC) so I'm grilling my turkey breast and making myself a turkey salad for lunch. I've been getting a little lazy lately about planning, weighing meat etc.. so need to get strict with myself again so I can get off P1 as fast as possible!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Good morning all. So I had a total meltdown yesterday - after having my phase 3 breakfast I worked out with my trainer at the gym, came home, had a phase 3 lunch but when I started to prepare for a dinner party, I 'found' a box of chocolate covered toffee candy and just kept eating it until I burst into tears. I quit, thought it was over. At dinner I was fine until dessert. I made a separate piece of fish without sauce, roasted veggies that were on the protocol but when the dessert platter was on the table, I just started helping myself to cheese, crackers and chocolate. It was like I couldn't help myself, my self-control went right out the window.

This morning, I feel like crap, both physically and mentally. I put myself back on Phase 1. My question is do I stay on phase 1 just for the day and go back to phase 3? I am trying really hard not to beat myself up, I have been so strict, and the only times I've gone off plan were deliberate - I planned for it. Yesterday was like WHAM back to the old way of furtively eating and then saying screw it. Which is very scary for me, I am very worried about sticking to maintenance and the 'losing it' last night was just scary. Any words of wisdom? I am in my last week of phase 3 and with 'eating for the rest of my life' looming, I'm freaking out.
Chin up. Maybe this is good. Next time you are tempted, remember how you feel now and ask yourself, "Is it worth it?" Only you will be able to answer that question. Forgive yourself and do better today.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #11  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning - still battling a cold and this freakin' polar vortex we are living in does not help. My hands are so numb I just knocked over my hot cup of tea onto my keyboard. Not a great start to the day!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #12  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Had Weigh in number 5 and down another couple of pounds. Pretty excited for that. Did some experimenting in the kitchen this weekend and some pretty awesome results. Went to a chocolate and wine festival for my mom and sister's birthday. Got some pretty bad *** spice mixtures from a local gal that are amazing. When I get home I will get the name of the lady for my fellow Washintonions. Made myself some chicken fingers the other day that my DH was eyeballing. I gave him one and he was floored. He keeps making comments that he might be able to go OP if I cook the way I do for myself. We shall see.

Happy Monday everyone.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post

I think you should continue with phase 3 and keep moving forward. You have worked very hard and sometimes things happen. No need to beat yourself up...you are a CHAMP and have done amazing. The "damage" that you did will not be noticeable in my opinion. IP does great things for your metabolism and body so one indulgence when you have already lost the weight and starting with the initial part of maintenance will not make you gain weight. Day by day. There will be times when you over indulge and times when you are very much on point. Its a journey regardless of the phase and it will continue to challenge you but I am confident that you have all the necessary skills to continue to live a happy and healthy life!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #14  

Morning all. Day 6 of my reboot. In my 1 plus year of maintenance I have done phase 1 days/weeks here and there and found myself starving, dreaming of food, etc and even physically weak at points. For some reason, I am not experiencing it this time around. Any insights into this? Anyone else have this happen? Not sure if this is a good or bad thing?

Also, I am doing an EAS shake or two a day to save $$$ this time around since I am only doing 30 days. That being said, I have noticed the scale act funny even go up the last two days. Anyone else have this happen b/c the sodium content is higher. Should I add more water or reduce salt with food at dinner?
Old 02-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #15  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,

I am on day 4. I'm hoping the hungries that I experienced yesterday will lessen today. I am using alternative products to get off my last pounds. I use MFP. Could someone please direct me towards the correct ratios for carbs/protein/fat. I would appreciate your help!

Have a great day.
Closed Thread