Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #16  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Hello all other January Peeps

I started on January 16. My weigh ins are on Wednesdays. I have lost 16 lbs so far.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 180.6/145.6/140 or less

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriously View Post
I'm glad you posted this! I noticed that there are sections for "maintainers" and "restarts in January" and other such groups, but I really wanted to get my foot in 3fC by meeting some January starts.

I started on January 21st and as of my weigh in for my 3rd week, I had lost 15 pounds! I will be having my 4th weigh in on Wednesday.

Congratulations to everyone on their losses.

I have to say that I have been thinking about cake lately, and today I faced a difficult situation where I was dishing out ice cream on a yummy Costco cake for my mother's 78th birthday party...for MANY people. My mouth was watering pretty bad. But once the cake was out of my face, I was fine!!

Anyhow, nice to meet you all, and I will be sure to check in here more often now that it's started.
Thanks Sheriously! I'm glad you'll be checking in here too. I did notice there were lots of specific starters and I wanted to hear and commiserate with people at the same part of their journey, along with chime in and absorb all the wisdom of the senior IPers. Thanks for posting other January-ers! We are all AT or Nearly At 1 whole month! Congrats to all!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

I started January 20th and will be weighing in today. I am down 8.4 and hope to have a good loss today. I am having trouble with sweets. I have 5 children and they are always wanting cookies or something. I made brownies for them yesterday and did not eat any. I consider that a victory. When I think about not having had sugar or bread for 3 weeks I'm amazed that I'm still living. At each weigh in I have had a new resolve to do this and hopefully today I will get that same excitement.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 231/176/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy078 View Post
I started Jan 23rd and after 2 WIs I am down 10lbs and 20.5 inches. I love this plan! Only issue I am having is horrible heartburn for the first time in over 7 years. Is this a symptom of ketosis? Anyone else having this issue?
I know your pain!!!
I had horrible heartburn the second week while on IP. My coach gave me a bottle of Enzymes which has kept the heartburn at bay. Don't quote me but I think I read somewhere you could take sugar free TUMS to relieve the heartburn but that's something I'd check with your coach first.

Congrats on the success so far!!

I started IP January 20th. Had my 3rd week weigh in this morning and down a total of 20lbs. Only 12 more pounds until Onederland!! I bought some IP brownies to celebrate the 25% mark.

Last edited by carliemartini; 02-10-2014 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 02-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #20  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I am not a January starter but wanted to pop in and say hi and welcome! So glad you all found this site.

As to the heartburn question: the really weird thing is that I had horrible heartburn that almost immediately ceased once I started IP. It didn't matter what I ate or how many TUMS I sucked on! I guess it goes to show we are all so different, if one person hasn't experienced something you will always find someone on this site who has.

You will find that you make many new friendships here and it is nice to find others who are starting at the same time. Read everything you can and don't just limit it to this site. There is a wealth of information online about protein sparing modified fasts, the need for taking supplements, how our bodies react to low carb diets, how many carbs a person needs, dealing with the big C, etc....on and on. Check out the recipe threads. They are inspiring and very helpful!

Check out the stickies at the top of the page in this forum and also read the first post in the Daily Chat that Lisa posts for lots of tips and info.

Good luck to everyone and happy 1 month anniversary on IP!!!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #21  

Thank you dak1lls!

And good job Stacy on avoiding those brownies! I know it can be so tough.

I just got back from my first trip to Mexico that was for work, but was at an all inclusive resort. I did really well! Ate breakfast in my room each morning (mango smoothie) then meetings until lunch (IP pina colada drink) and thank goodness the food was good and buffets were full of fresh veggies and protein. Then dinner was more lettuce, oil, veggies and protein. And snack every night was the ready made chocolate pudding. I had one vodka soda with mint leaves one night ( pressured by upper management and my coach had told me I could, but I was still not planning to). And voila, home again. I wasn't able to weigh or measure and I know for certain I had more than usual oil and likely protein as well, but I didn't really sweat it. I was a little nervous to step on the scale, as I am a daily weigher, and had no idea where i would be after 5 days off the scale.
The results are in: and I have plenty to be proud of! Will have my official weigh-in tomorrow so will wait til then to post the results. But guys, I feel GREAT! I feel so much thinner, my face is looking so much better. I even converted some work people (I was thinner last year and don't see them often, but I almost look the same weight as I was then). Told them I had gained 20+ lbs last year and lost 15 in 30 days and they were shocked. One was telling the others about it, saying she was going to get on it back home and said "I'm going to be skinny like her!" It was nice to hear. My bikini top even fit which I was shocked to see! I didn't feel comfortable in it, but I was happy I could get it on at least!
And one more NSV- I have sluggish days on this diet and wondered how I would feel at a long sales meeting with early mornings and a lot of information. I was bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, high-energy and completely focused- EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And not a drop of caffeine. Everyone else was dragging and tired and complained of several ailments. That would normally be me too, and I just couldnt believe how great I felt.

That being said- I REALLY miss eating like a regular person, I definitely miss having a drink, and really been missing brunch. I dreamt about donuts and cupcakes last night. Hahaha!

Okay, I'm all done!
Old 02-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #22  
Started IP 01/06/2014

Height: 5'7''

I started my second round of IP January 6 and I have now dropped 19.6 lbs. Only 4.5 lbs to Onederland!

FacingIt27, you are truly an inspiration. Vacations are probably the hardest part of staying on plan, and you did very well (at an all-inclusive to say the least!). I have a vacation to Costa Rica coming up and I'm hoping to do as well as you did
Old 02-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

It's so inspirational to read everyone's progess after just one short month. I started IP January 18th, and as of this AM i am down 16lbs. Not only do my clothes fit better, but my skin feels smoother, and last night at my aunt's house, everyone was commenting on how thin my face was looking. Very encouraging.

Originally, I set a weight goal that I wanted to get down to, but have since revised that.
Numbers have never been my strong point (failed math twice in high school hahaha) and success for me would never be enough if I was always chasing a number.
Instead, my goal is simply to feel comfortable, confident and sexy in whatever I wear (birthday suit included).
And after 16 lbs, I am way more confident, which is incentive enough to keep going. Hope the next month is just as exciting for everyone.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmcakes View Post
I started my second round of IP January 6 and I have now dropped 19.6 lbs. Only 4.5 lbs to Onederland!

FacingIt27, you are truly an inspiration. Vacations are probably the hardest part of staying on plan, and you did very well (at an all-inclusive to say the least!). I have a vacation to Costa Rica coming up and I'm hoping to do as well as you did
Thank you so much. That really means the world that you think so. And congrats to you on being almost 20 lbs down already!

Last edited by FacingIt27; 02-16-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #25  
maintaining since 9/2013

I rebooted IP in Jan so hope you don't mind me chiming in! Even though we typically have the biggest weight loss in the first couple of weeks, it's AFTER the first month that our bodies get used to ketosis and fat-burning. It still takes focus of course, but there will be more and more NSV moments even when the scale numbers aren't so dramatic. Different parts of the body will seem to suddenly shrink. You will shoot right past the too-small clothes you've been saving all this time.

Thanks to all of you for the inspiring posts!

Last edited by mars735; 02-16-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #26  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

I started Jan. 22nd and as of Week 3 WI am down 12 lbs. Looking for a good -3 for this weeks! I read the daily threads and many of the other ones too, but it would be nice to have this 'Jan' thread to show our progress every month or so. I really have been motivated by the 'Oct Starters' thread to see what a difference just 4-5 months can make!!
Old 02-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #27  

wow! I'm so excited for those NSV's Mars, thanks for giving us something to look forward to!
Old 02-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #28  

Hey guys! Just back from my WI. Down 3.8 lbs- ALL FAT! and 12.5 inches total. total weight loss is 17.2 lbs. And a week in Mexico! Woohoo!
Old 02-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon

I started January 31 and had my 3rd weigh in on Friday - down 7.8 lbs and have lost 2" from waist and 1" from hips - not much when I see everyone else's losses but if I can keep losing at 2 lbs a week I'll be happy - I feel great and hope you don't mind my tagging along with you all on our journey
hope we all have a great day on program we're worth it
Old 03-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #30  

Hi January starters! How is everyone doing? Just about finished with their second months??

I just got back from my weigh in. I'm down 23.2 lbs so far and 17 inches. Finally past the halfway mark! I am feeling great and looking like myself again. Can't wait to get the rest off! I survived two trips to Mexico at all inclusive resorts with weight loss after both trips. It was TOUGH. Work has picked up and gotten really busy and its really tough to constantly be around delicious food i can't have, and being on the road with limited options as far as prepping food. But I am persevering.

How is everyone else doing? How are y'all feeling?
Closed Thread