3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Not having restricteds....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
Member
 
Sheriously's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lakefield, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 80

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Question Not having restricteds....

For about a week or more now, I haven't been eating any restricted foods....not planned really, just that I happened to choose foods that were unrestricted. I will be receiving some alternative restricted bars in the mail on Monday though.

I have been dreaming of cake. haha. I am thinking that the not having restricteds is doing this. Also do you think I would be slower to lose if I don't have restricteds?

And...do you think I should catch up on them by eating a couple of those restricted bars in one day when they come?

Since I can't have a signature yet...here's what I can share
...1st week - down 8 pounds
...2nd week - down 4 pounds
...3rd week - down 3 pounds for a grand total of 15 pounds in 3 weeks!
...4th week was this previous week.

I don't know what I weigh...I told my coach NOT to tell me until I start feeling fabulous. But she can tell me what I've lost. I would suspect that I still have about 30 pounds or so to lose
Sheriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Member
 
IPMaryD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 34

S/C/G: 225/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Default

Have you made any of the pudding cakes? I found the banana to be the best-- recipe on this site-- 3 egg whites whipped, 1 tsp of vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon for baking powder. I dipped them in the WF chocolate sauce.
IPMaryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,202

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriously View Post
For about a week or more now, I haven't been eating any restricted foods....not planned really, just that I happened to choose foods that were unrestricted. I will be receiving some alternative restricted bars in the mail on Monday though.

I have been dreaming of cake. haha. I am thinking that the not having restricteds is doing this. Also do you think I would be slower to lose if I don't have restricteds?

And...do you think I should catch up on them by eating a couple of those restricted bars in one day when they come?

Since I can't have a signature yet...here's what I can share
...1st week - down 8 pounds
...2nd week - down 4 pounds
...3rd week - down 3 pounds for a grand total of 15 pounds in 3 weeks!
...4th week was this previous week.

I don't know what I weigh...I told my coach NOT to tell me until I start feeling fabulous. But she can tell me what I've lost. I would suspect that I still have about 30 pounds or so to lose
Nope. Only one restricted per day. If you haven't had any, you don't get to "make them up" unless you want to slow down or stop your weight loss.
Congrats on your success.

The restricteds are there to help us not feel so restricted. They give us an occasional treat. The plan is designed for one per day so if you lose eating them, go ahead!

You can't really hack IP to make it go faster. Just follow the plan.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos

lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
Started IP 12/26/13
 
jendilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 256

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPMaryD View Post
Have you made any of the pudding cakes? I found the banana to be the best-- recipe on this site-- 3 egg whites whipped, 1 tsp of vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon for baking powder. I dipped them in the WF chocolate sauce.

Can you tell me more about this? I haven't seen a recipe for these pudding cakes.
__________________


Working hard to get to my tropical vacation!
jendilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,202

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Links to all of the recipe threads are in post 1 of the daily chat. Everyday.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos

lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
Started IP 12/26/13
 
jendilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 256

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Links to all of the recipe threads are in post 1 of the daily chat. Everyday.
I know they are and I've looked through them. But there are hundreds and hundreds of recipes and it's easy to miss one here and there and very hard to search through them (for me at least) when you are looking for something specific. Didn't think there was harm in asking that poster to provide more information regarding the pudding cakes. Not all of us have been here as long and are as savvy on the board. I'm doing the best I can.
__________________


Working hard to get to my tropical vacation!
jendilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
drd1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 544

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Default

Jendilly, I find the recipe links very overwhelming. I wish there was an easier way to review recipes.
__________________
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #8
Started IP 12/26/13
 
jendilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 256

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Jendilly, I find the recipe links very overwhelming. I wish there was an easier way to review recipes.
Thank you. I agree. I don't even feel safe asking a question about them sometimes. Didn't think it was a big deal to ask a question right after someone posted a recipe idea. Apparently it is.
__________________


Working hard to get to my tropical vacation!
jendilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #9
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,941

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Instead of using the site search function, I find using google and doing "ideal protein 3 fat chicks pudding cake recipe" (or whatever you are looking for) works much, much better.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #10
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,941

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

and here's the recipe I use - it can be done with puddings too

1 chocolate drink pack
1/8 cup water
1 egg white
1/4 tsp baking powder

I put this in a larger mug after I had stirred it til smooth.
The mug went on a dinner plate.
In the microwave set to 3 minutes, BUT watched it closely, as the cake started to rise up over the rim I stopped the micro, gave it 2-3 seconds to deflate, started again until it rose up again, then stopped it. In my oven it took just over a minute 20 sec.

It was done. I would really watch the window when making this- don't just assume 3 minutes- I think this recipe should be on the less done side.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #11
Started IP 12/26/13
 
jendilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 256

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
and here's the recipe I use - it can be done with puddings too

1 chocolate drink pack
1/8 cup water
1 egg white
1/4 tsp baking powder

I put this in a larger mug after I had stirred it til smooth.
The mug went on a dinner plate.
In the microwave set to 3 minutes, BUT watched it closely, as the cake started to rise up over the rim I stopped the micro, gave it 2-3 seconds to deflate, started again until it rose up again, then stopped it. In my oven it took just over a minute 20 sec.

It was done. I would really watch the window when making this- don't just assume 3 minutes- I think this recipe should be on the less done side.

Thank you SO much. I always appreciate your willingness to help and your kindness, Ruth Ann. You are so supportive and a real inspiration.
__________________


Working hard to get to my tropical vacation!
jendilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
patns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 2,794

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Instead of using the site search function, I find using google and doing "ideal protein 3 fat chicks pudding cake recipe" (or whatever you are looking for) works much, much better.
Yes this does work much better than the search option on 3FC.
__________________
Make choices today that your future self will thank you for!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #13
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,941

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Thank you SO much. I always appreciate your willingness to help and your kindness, Ruth Ann. You are so supportive and a real inspiration.
You're quite welcome!

And for the record, I don't think Lisa was trying to be difficult - more trying to point you in the right direction. I have found tons of good recipes by looking for other recipes. Lisa is one of the most helpful and supportive members of this board.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #14
Alt Product User
 
NanDeNa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 31

Height: 6'

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
You're quite welcome!

And for the record, I don't think Lisa was trying to be difficult - more trying to point you in the right direction. I have found tons of good recipes by looking for other recipes. Lisa is one of the most helpful and supportive members of this board.
Short and sweet, Both you gals are amazing! Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication!
__________________
Started IP 1/9/2014 - I CAN do this!
NanDeNa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #15
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,941

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanDeNa View Post
Short and sweet, Both you gals are amazing! Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication!
Thanks NanDeNa! Just trying to give back some of the amazing support and encouragement I have received!
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm confusing myself...snacks, restricteds... juicey Ideal Protein Diet 13 07-18-2013 05:55 PM
Up, Up and away...discouraged! (Not a typical word in my vocab) New Englander Ideal Protein Diet 31 07-09-2013 08:44 AM
Use Restricteds or Not??? Patty17 Ideal Protein Diet 12 02-19-2012 10:25 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2