Old 02-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #1  

Default phase 3 calorie count

Just curious what others numbers are if they are counting on phase three. Your total numbers of calories, carbs, fiber ect. For the day. Just curious on this kind of information and where others range in phase 3. Thanks so much
tlynne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

This was great. I'm not sure if it is the one at the top of the daily thread. Look at page 4:
http://www.erichsenwellness.com/wp-c...xplanation.pdf

Basically, if Phase 1 is about 750, Phase 2 is about 1100, so Phase 3 is about 1400 to 1500.

With Phase 3, you are adding up to 65g total carbs from grains, fruit & dairy and 15g from fat. So whatever your P2 totals for carbs, protein and fat, they will now be higher by 65g (about 115g or more total) for carbs, maybe 5g or so more for protein (about 115g) and another 15g higher for fat (about 53g).

Try this: Go into the "custom" setting of MFP, set the calories at 1400. Set the Carbs to 35%, the protein to 35% and the fat should follow to 30%. That's about as close as MFP lets you account for things. Don't worry about the fiber. Subtract fiber from carbs to get net carbs is that is what you are after.

None of this is necessary, of course, because of the way that IP is designed.
What IS VERY NECESSARY is to pay careful attention to what you are doing for that Phase 3 breakfast as THAT is what needs to match up to 30g from grains, up to 20g from fruit and up to 15g from dairy for the carbs and up to 15g for the Fat, with a 25g minimum for protein. And all that needs to be between 400 and 500 (not less and not more).

Lots of p3 breakfast idea threads for the foods and calcs that others have done.

Kind of a long answer to a short question. Hope that is some of what you were after.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
This was great. I'm not sure if it is the one at the top of the daily thread. Look at page 4:
http://www.erichsenwellness.com/wp-c...xplanation.pdf

Basically, if Phase 1 is about 750, Phase 2 is about 1100, so Phase 3 is about 1400 to 1500.

With Phase 3, you are adding up to 65g total carbs from grains, fruit & dairy and 15g from fat. So whatever your P2 totals for carbs, protein and fat, they will now be higher by 65g (about 115g or more total) for carbs, maybe 5g or so more for protein (about 115g) and another 15g higher for fat (about 53g).

Try this: Go into the "custom" setting of MFP, set the calories at 1400. Set the Carbs to 35%, the protein to 35% and the fat should follow to 30%. That's about as close as MFP lets you account for things. Don't worry about the fiber. Subtract fiber from carbs to get net carbs is that is what you are after.

None of this is necessary, of course, because of the way that IP is designed.
What IS VERY NECESSARY is to pay careful attention to what you are doing for that Phase 3 breakfast as THAT is what needs to match up to 30g from grains, up to 20g from fruit and up to 15g from dairy for the carbs and up to 15g for the Fat, with a 25g minimum for protein. And all that needs to be between 400 and 500 (not less and not more).

Lots of p3 breakfast idea threads for the foods and calcs that others have done.

Kind of a long answer to a short question. Hope that is some of what you were after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynne88 View Post
Just curious what others numbers are if they are counting on phase three. Your total numbers of calories, carbs, fiber ect. For the day. Just curious on this kind of information and where others range in phase 3. Thanks so much
It is important to figure out what YOUR basic metabolic rate is as you approach P3 and 4. Taking a general target number as the appropriate total of cals per day for an "average" female or male with out doing your own calculations has probably screwed a lot of people up in the first place.

At my height and age, if I eat 1400 cals a day I'm back on my way to obesity..right quick too I might add.

Also if you discover during this process you are intolerant to grain or wheat as
many who do this diet discover...those breakdowns are not going to work either. ..what I' m trying to point out, is everyone's metabolism is different...don't assume that the "General Guidelines" are right for you and going to work to keep you at goal right out of the box. USE an on line BMR calculator to get your own daily calorie needs based on size and age. Then determine your % of carbs protein fat and back those % into your calories per day determined by what your body needs. Hey..if your young...work at a physical job and are tall...you will get lucky and can eat more than the "average" so it works both ways!

Most people have some work to do to determine maintenance. It is extremely individual. You have worked too hard to get to goal NOT to make sure you know what YOUR own body size, age and BMR are in need of. If you have not paid attention to what the nutritional makeup is of the packets or alternatives...and enjoyed the simplicity...that's great, it got you to goal. But you need to get up to speed and understand how the thermodynamics work to be sure you do not end up headed back where you started.if you find you are gluten sensitive or wheat intolerant after this...it's a spoiler too...and that changes things a lot.

Good luck...it is time to start to think about this..but more important to reckon with the reality it's time to assume full responsibility every day for what you eat..and part of that is getting on board with doing some personal research. Don't start with someone else's number.

Last edited by 65X65; 02-08-2014 at 07:31 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote