Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 07:16 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend Chat Sat 2/8 - Sun 2/9/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Happy Saturday y'all! Woke up early this am. Really just don't feel the need to sleep in anymore. I turned on the tv and the food network was on. It was that show "Best thing I ever ate". Of course it was all about chocolate! I grabbed my cookie dough swirl bar and coffee and watched all these amazing places serve up delishhhh chocolate recipes. Amazed that I didn't want to run to the store and make any of them! Super content with my bar. Anyway, off to the gym. Have a great day! I think mine will be warm enough to skip a jacket!

Last edited by ems70508; 02-08-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Happy Saturday y'all! Woke up early this am. Really just don't feel the need to sleep in anymore. I turned on the tv and the food network was on. It was that show "Best thing I ever ate". Of course it was all about chocolate! I grabbed my cookie dough swirl bar and coffee and watched all these amazing places serve up delishhhh chocolate recipes. Amazed that I didn't want to run to the store and make any of them! Super content with my bar. Anyway, off to the gym. Have a great day! I think mine will be warm enough to skip a jacket!
Reminds me of Valentine's day coming up, and my birthday is on the 17th. I was thinking the other day that I am always on some kind of diet on my birthday...and I haven't had BD cake in years! Probably a good thing.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #4  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning everyone, Hopefully it warms up a bit today in Houston like it says it should It would be nice to enjoy walking out my door lol.
Headed to bowling practice with my oldest son then I will attempt to finish my guest room renovation today.
Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Good Morning everyone, Hopefully it warms up a bit today in Houston like it says it should It would be nice to enjoy walking out my door lol.
Headed to bowling practice with my oldest son then I will attempt to finish my guest room renovation today.
Hope you all have a great day!!
It is warming up here in Billings too. We are finally above zero...My thermometer says it's 7 degrees.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Delgen mine bday is on the 20th! Happy early bday! What are you doing for the the big day? I've seen on previous recipe threads a "packet back" cake, if you need to have one! I think ill survive without it!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #7  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Morning, all!

A balmy 21 degrees F here this morning. Ugh! I cannot wait to warm up! Getting ready to work out. Had my ProtiDiet cereal this morning; don't want to make the same mistake I made earlier this week and work out on an empty stomach!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

Renee
Old 02-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #8  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Delgen mine bday is on the 20th! Happy early bday! What are you doing for the the big day? I've seen on previous recipe threads a "packet back" cake, if you need to have one! I think ill survive without it!
Yay for Aquarius! Happy BD to you too!

My BD falls on President's day, and since I work at a university, we always get a three day around my BD. My DH bought me roses yesterday for a pre-valentines day Pre- birthday. He knows I can't have cake, and I was super surprised!
I still don't know what I will do for the big day...it's a big 55. Not sure If I want to celebrate much. Maybe I will do some shopping! But I have not lost enough yet to justify that.

I have had packet cakes before, and that is a great idea!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Morning, all!

A balmy 21 degrees F here this morning. Ugh! I cannot wait to warm up! Getting ready to work out. Had my ProtiDiet cereal this morning; don't want to make the same mistake I made earlier this week and work out on an empty stomach!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

Renee
What a cute picture! Love your avatar, Reen!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
What a cute picture! Love your avatar, Reen!
Happy Bday! Yes celebrate.. Bracelets, books and something "springy" for your house or porch are reasons to shop!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #11  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Morning all. Had fun last night with my honeys sister and her bf. This is the first time we're seeing them since thanksgiving so they brought my honeys Xmas gift. They gave him a flight lesson. But the fun thing was they took a big box filled it with packing peanuts and paper airplanes. Inside each airplane was a silly note. Directing him to the tan plane. Well Robs color blind so he can't tell which ones tan so he had to open every single one. There must have been 15 or 20 of them! We were laughing the planes were flying and the dogs going nuts lol.
Finally got to bed around 2 after we all settled down.

Finally saw movement on the scale after almost 2 weeks,not a big whoosh but 1.6 lbs! I'll take it. Warming up in Nola, hopefully it will stick around for awhile.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Happy Bday! Yes celebrate.. Bracelets, books and something "springy" for your house or porch are reasons to shop!
Love the idea about something for the porch! THAT is what I will do!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #13  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Updating Ticker

I have been trying to update my weight loss ticker (Yay!), but I am not sure if I have to make a new one or edit my existing one. When I click on make a new one, it directs me to a 3FC home page and not the ticker page.

Any ideas?
Old 02-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #14  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Morning all: no warm up here yet but I guess it is only February. I wish it was at least sunny...

Somewhat disappointing (-0) weigh-in today but not unexpected. But, I'm not letting it get me down and I'm moving forward. In the tmi category, I've had a surprise visit by TOM and the big C. In addition to some challenging travel issues. I feel so bloated. Blech. Hoping to get some things worked out today.

Leaving tomorrow for another work travel swing - at a conference so I'm planning ahead and may be mixing in some phase 2 days with my phase 1 (since I'm essentially at goal) -- whatever makes the most sense. When I get back, planning to move to phase 2 for real. Woo Hoo. I'm ready to start the phasing I think.

Congrats NolaSmurf on your loss this week!

Hope you all have a nice weekend! IP POWER to you.

Last edited by vachinyc; 02-08-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #15  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
I have been trying to update my weight loss ticker (Yay!), but I am not sure if I have to make a new one or edit my existing one. When I click on make a new one, it directs me to a 3FC home page and not the ticker page.

Any ideas?
You go into user cp and edit signature and update your current one.
Closed Thread