Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 225/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Thanks friends, I knew I wasn't crazy to want a Weigh in ritual, I just don't know what mine is yet!

I appreciate you!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 201/169/150

Height: 5'5"

NSVs today:

My partner at work treated our teams to bagels & cream cheese this morning. The team table is about 3 feet from my chair, so I get to witness everyone consuming their snacks. Not even a twinge of desire to indulge!

PLUS my manager informed me today that I'm being groomed for a promotion! Just need to get through the official process over the next couple months. Hopefully by this summer, new job and new me!!!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #108  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareDog37 View Post
NSVs today:

My partner at work treated our teams to bagels & cream cheese this morning. The team table is about 3 feet from my chair, so I get to witness everyone consuming their snacks. Not even a twinge of desire to indulge!

PLUS my manager informed me today that I'm being groomed for a promotion! Just need to get through the official process over the next couple months. Hopefully by this summer, new job and new me!!!
Congrats - on both victories. There is always food in my office but I never eat it. Every time you don't eat it you get stronger.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Vachinyc thank you're so sweet with words, thank you for the support!

Deana! I didn't see your post from late last night. Today, I was thinking about how we have such a great community on here and that it had been a while since I had read one of your posts! I'm so glad you're beginning to feel confidence in yourself. Probably one of the best rewards!!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #110  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Hi everyone . Went out with friends last night and was up late. Lol too late for a work night. I hung out and sipped some sparkling water. Home tonight, watching my honey and daughter get ready for comic con this weekend. Last minute tweaks to costumes etc.

I'll be working all weekend. Found out today that they are adding a position to my department and I'm really interested in it. Going to meet with my boss about it tomorrow.

Going to head off to bed early to catch up from last night
Old 02-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #111  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareDog37 View Post
NSVs today:

One great new turn deserves another!! congrats and good luck.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #112  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hi everyone . Went out with friends last night and was up late. Lol too late for a work night. I hung out and sipped some sparkling water. Home tonight, watching my honey and daughter get ready for comic con this weekend. Last minute tweaks to costumes etc.
Comic con sounds like fun! What costumes are they wearing?
Old 02-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #113  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Comic con sounds like fun! What costumes are they wearing?
He's going a Tony Stark (iron man)
She's going as Dean from Supernatural, The 10th Doctor from Doctor Who and Sunday she as another costume.
My parents bought her a 3 day VIP where she'll get to do a meet and greet with Matt Smith from Dr. Who.

We're just one big ole geek family!
Old 02-06-2014, 10:08 PM   #114  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
She's going as Dean from Supernatural, The 10th Doctor from Doctor Who and Sunday she as another costume.
My parents bought her a 3 day VIP where she'll get to do a meet and greet with Matt Smith from Dr. Who.

My husband loves Dr. Who but I won't let him watch it when I'm around lol. It sounds like they will have a great time.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:18 PM   #115  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

She's meeting Matt Smith?? Luckeee!!!

I'm a big ole geek myself

I'm suffering with a cold today - I seem to always end up with one after flying, yuck. Chicken soup was the best thing about today.

Jo
Old 02-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The "thing" my body is still wanting to do is maintain (up 5/down 5 but not losing below lowest WI)
I've made some contacts today so I can get adrenal function tested. No more talking about it or planning to do it. The day has come!
Something is definitely wrong!
I am thinking about asking my doctor about this too. I hope you find something out
Old 02-06-2014, 11:18 PM   #117  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hello everyone. Cold weather, and by cold I mean -16ish, here in Denver. Whoa...the warm up to the 40's this weekend will feel like a heat wave. Feeling good on day three of a restart...haven't been on the scale but can already feel the difference. I am thinking of staying off and just going by how I am feeling. Anyone else done this for any length of time? I probably have gained 10 lbs (haven't been on the scale so not entirely sure just judging by my clothes, etc). If so, did you find yourself more at peace with the process and less focused on the results? I figured why not give it a shot.

Had a dream about pizza last night. Talk about crazy...there were even mashed potato pizza. Guess you could say I am getting into the trenches when I start dreaming of food.

Have a good day everyone!
I'm doing the reset now, which is supposed to be 2 weeks of each phase before returning to phase 4. I am using IP products from my doctor's office (not my original coach/office). Phase 1 Week 1 was pretty good although I kept waiting for ketosis to kick in. Dynamite weigh in/inches lost/BF% down. Phase 1 Week 2 I was hungry most of the time; lots and lots of water and herbal tea and experimenting with dividing up the food, which I never did the first time around. Phase 2 Week 1 Day 2...hungry, no IP "desserts" with meals, eh--it's OK but I'm not seeing 2 weeks of this, taking it one day at a time.

Something is very, very different this time. Maybe it just didn't take as long to reset, maybe removing the excess sugar rearranged water, not sure.

What drove the reset was that I couldn't get the weekly range (from fun day to fun day) to stay below 120. Not just an occasional excursion but consistently above the target top, plus it was obviously in my hips, thighs and abdomen.

I'm torn with staying the course, so that the calories go up smoothly and I am able to perhaps bump up my maintenance calories a bit and layoff having too much sugary fun on the fun days.

I am at peace with the process and I am focussed on different results, I think.
I am wanting to see body comp changes, I'm wanting to retrain my taste buds, and wherever the weight lands, it lands. Today was the first day that the home scale betrayed me; all the other days either the weight or the BF% (or both) went down. [I know the scale isn't accurate enough to be using it this way, but it keeps me staying 100% for the sake of a true experiment.]

Is your main reset goal to get the clothes fitting back like they did?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:50 PM   #118  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopra2 View Post
Jendilly...I am totally jealous that you got to go downtown and watch the parade. I watched it from the warm comfort of my house.My sister and I are both doing IP and live in Renton/Issaquah area and LOVE our IP coach. If you don't mind me asking where are you located?

Judith
I live in the Browns Point area of Tacoma and go to a clinic in Federal Way. It's less than 10 minutes away, which is nice...just didn't feel like I will connect with this new coach, even though she's been there longer.

I've messaged with my old coach a bit today. She checked in on me, which was nice. The other gal is just not personable or warm...not as caring. Maybe it'll get better. I wasn't prepared for my inches to be so off, though. I've been proud of the inches that I've lost and now it's less than before, even though I know it's actually more. She just measures in different places. But I suppose I'll show a drop next week. And the food thing I was not prepared for. My last coach had tons of open boxes that we could just take packets out of. This one didn't have that out. She did eventually open a few boxes and allowed me to take a few packets, but I have a strong feeling that won't continue.

Really considering going to alternates and doing my own thing.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:52 AM   #119  

My first WI today, - 5 lbs yehey
Old 02-07-2014, 05:51 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 189/157.5/135

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I live in the Browns Point area of Tacoma and go to a clinic in Federal Way. It's less than 10 minutes away, which is nice...just didn't feel like I will connect with this new coach, even though she's been there longer.

I've messaged with my old coach a bit today. She checked in on me, which was nice. The other gal is just not personable or warm...not as caring. Maybe it'll get better. I wasn't prepared for my inches to be so off, though. I've been proud of the inches that I've lost and now it's less than before, even though I know it's actually more. She just measures in different places. But I suppose I'll show a drop next week. And the food thing I was not prepared for. My last coach had tons of open boxes that we could just take packets out of. This one didn't have that out. She did eventually open a few boxes and allowed me to take a few packets, but I have a strong feeling that won't continue.

Really considering going to alternates and doing my own thing.
Hi Jendilly...

I had a not so good coach from the beginning. I decided from reading the boards here to go with alternatives. Happy I made the decision to switch and I'm saving myself $$$ too. I purchased an Omron scale and I feel very empowered with the support from the folks here on the boards at 3 Fat Chicks and not having to go to a coach that doesn't care. I'm now putting $$$ back in my pocket instead of his.
Closed Thread