Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #46  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Thanks Bellamack! My brain is still catching up with the fact that I've lost so much weight in so short a time.

Here's the website for the Ice Chips http://www.icechipscandy.com/ They have a store locator or you can order directly from them.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Ruth Ann WOW, went on the webpage, these look awesome. I have to order some. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm cranberry

Last edited by Bellamack; 02-07-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #48  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

They bring out seasonal flavors of the Ice Chips, too. Their pumpkin spice one was to die for. Tasted like pumpkin pie...perfect amount of "spice". I've tried most of them, but I know I need to limit myself better on them. I think I eat too many of them. One at a time is plenty for the flavor. Sometimes I grab a couple and I need to stop.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #49  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Going to a wine and chocolate festival tonight for my mom's & sister's birthday. I am all ready and have very filling things to eat here at work, going to have a nice chunk of beef for dinner and lots of water. It's not the wine that is tempting it's chocolate, so i am combating that with my restricted bar while i am there or my vanilla wafers. I have both with me it all depends on what craving hits harder, sweet or chocolate.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #50  

So, the doctor I was going to go to MOVED out of state!
But he does long-distance consultations.
I'm working on getting an "appointment"
Old 02-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Going to a wine and chocolate festival tonight for my mom's & sister's birthday. I am all ready and have very filling things to eat here at work, going to have a nice chunk of beef for dinner and lots of water. It's not the wine that is tempting it's chocolate, so i am combating that with my restricted bar while i am there or my vanilla wafers. I have both with me it all depends on what craving hits harder, sweet or chocolate.
Last weekend I went to an amazing wine testing with my hubby and sister and bro in-law and friend. That was tough. I would smell, not taste, I was the designated driver. I made sure I had a glass of Zevia before and did a lot of talking to myself about not cheating. I am so close and its not worth not staying 100% so I was very proud of myself and look back at a great week. I will get to do the wine testing another day when I'm on maintenance!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #52  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
Last weekend I went to an amazing wine testing with my hubby and sister and bro in-law and friend. That was tough. I would smell, not taste, I was the designated driver. I made sure I had a glass of Zevia before and did a lot of talking to myself about not cheating. I am so close and its not worth not staying 100% so I was very proud of myself and look back at a great week. I will get to do the wine testing another day when I'm on maintenance!
Well done! My work is organizing a 'wine and cheese tasting' social function in two weeks time. My two most favourite things! And together!!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #53  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Well done! My work is organizing a 'wine and cheese tasting' social function in two weeks time. My two most favourite things! And together!!!!
I'm going to San Francisco at the end of February for business. We are planning a side trip to Napa and I've already told my coach that I will phase off for this event. I can handle a wine tasting here in town but not on a trip to Napa!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Thanks! Nice to know others can relate! lol!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #55  

Height: 5 '6

I just did a friend a favour and picked up her daughters dog to 'dog sit' for a few hours. When she came to pick the dog up I was talking about my new clothes on the white furniture and she said 'you have lost weight, your not going to yoyo back are you?'

She's not the type to be rude so either she was just being an air head or she's been listening to people talk. I'm going to go with the air head theory! I don't know why it bugged me so much.. maybe I'm just tired. Thanks to a lot of previous comments on 3FC's I think I handled it ok.

I said 'I sure hope not!, I don't imagine your daughter plans on gaining her weight back'(her daughter has lost weight and is looking good) To which she replied, 'oh no, she's worked so hard at it.' (and I haven't???) That's as polite as I could be cause I was tempted to ask her why she would say something so rude! But I held my tongue!!

Thankfully there are some great maintainers on the threads that give me motivation and I just saw a friend from a neighboring town who has maintained her 80 pound IP loss for over a year now.

Vent is over!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:11 PM   #56  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
I just did a friend a favour and picked up her daughters dog to 'dog sit' for a few hours. When she came to pick the dog up I was talking about my new clothes on the white furniture and she said 'you have lost weight, your not going to yoyo back are you?'

She's not the type to be rude so either she was just being an air head or she's been listening to people talk. I'm going to go with the air head theory! I don't know why it bugged me so much.. maybe I'm just tired. Thanks to a lot of previous comments on 3FC's I think I handled it ok.

I said 'I sure hope not!, I don't imagine your daughter plans on gaining her weight back'(her daughter has lost weight and is looking good) To which she replied, 'oh no, she's worked so hard at it.' (and I haven't???) That's as polite as I could be cause I was tempted to ask her why she would say something so rude! But I held my tongue!!

Thankfully there are some great maintainers on the threads that give me motivation and I just saw a friend from a neighboring town who has maintained her 80 pound IP loss for over a year now.

Vent is over!
Award of the week for holding their tongue has to go to you! Not sure how you did it and of course there are plenty of good replies you can think of afterwards. It boggles the mind how some people can be so tactless.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #57  

Quote:
Award of the week for holding their tongue has to go to you! Not sure how you did it and of course there are plenty of good replies you can think of afterwards. It boggles the mind how some people can be so tactless.
Its all good... I had a good nights sleep and don't really care now.... amazing what sleep will do for a person! I hit the 170's today so that makes me happy! Can't figure out the new home page so made a new ticker from a website.

A lady from work has lost weight and has offered for me to go through her summer clothes this weekend. I haven't even thought about what I'm going to wear in Maui so I hope something fits me as I hate shopping! Not to mention I don't want to spend more money!! LOL!

Last edited by Hiker88; 02-08-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #58  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

Wow - lots of great determination and willpower going on! Super proud of everyone for staying 100%!

Lisa good luck with the doc!

Hiker some people are just totally oblivious aren't they? And congrats on the 170s! And I like the new ticker.

Could not get warm yesterday. Drank tons of hot tea and put on my flannel jammies when I got home and finally warmed up. My sister bought me the jammies for Christmas - she said she bought them in October hoping I'd lose enough to wear them by December and then was worried in December that they'd be too big! They'll work for this winter, even if they are pretty baggy.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #59  

Lisa I know it must be frustrating but I bet you're happy that you're down 95 pounds and have kept it off for a significant amount of time! You are a great resource on this forum and we appreciate your contribution!

Although you want to go that last few pounds.... please enjoy where you are and how great you look right now!
Old 02-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Lisa I know it must be frustrating but I bet you're happy that you're down 95 pounds and have kept it off for a significant amount of time! You are a great resource on this forum and we appreciate your contribution

Although you want to go that last few pounds.... please enjoy where you are and how great you look right now!
15-20 lbs is more than a "few" but thank you. I want to be in normal weight range but my new focus is to accept things as they are right now and to quit fighting it. I keep going up ~5 & back down 5 but not below 165 (not even to the 162 I saw before). 150 would put me barely into normal BMI. I know BMI can be inaccurate for folks with lots of muscle mass but that surely isn't me.

Step 1 in acceptance is to go back to daily weighing and work on my acceptance of that number every day. If course, the last 2 days it has gone down, which is easier but it will be a daily practice.

I did my saved wii fit yoga routine yesterday and am amazed at how much easier it was than just a few month ago. I'm stronger and have better balance. The gym and PT exercises are working! I'm going to a yoga class at my gym this am. I have to choose the ones that aren't quite as hard.
Closed Thread