Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Oh yeah Im motivated!!!

Im back! And Im going to do this right. Doesn't matter how many times Ive stopped and started this program, Im ready and I want to be 100%, so I joined in on this thread today

Its good to be back on the program and good to be back in this support group! Hope everyone is doing well!

I realize Im going to have to back off the exercise since Im starting phase 1 all over but I will just do more yoga and pilates I think and back off the running so that I do not get too tired and hungry.

Alright everyone, Im happy to be back on this journey with you all!!!!

~Sara
Old 03-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
Im back! And Im going to do this right. Doesn't matter how many times Ive stopped and started this program, Im ready and I want to be 100%, so I joined in on this thread today

Its good to be back on the program and good to be back in this support group! Hope everyone is doing well!

I realize Im going to have to back off the exercise since Im starting phase 1 all over but I will just do more yoga and pilates I think and back off the running so that I do not get too tired and hungry.

~Sara
WELCOME BACK! You CAN do this!

Old 03-09-2014, 07:39 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Hello inspiring people!
When I did IP the end of last year I was 100% the first 6 weeks and did really well. Then I fell off the wagon here and there and lost my momentum. I'm back to do it right this time! When I start tomorrow I'm going to stay 100% until I get to goal. Thanks for all the inspiration. Have a good night.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #439  

AlaskanRN
Nice to see you. Let's get to goal!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #440  

Height: 5 '6

Went through more clothes today and decided to try on some shorts that I used to wear when I was ten pounds lighter... what do you know.. they fit! While I was at it I tried a little blazer that I love but was sure I wore it when I was 20 pounds lighter.. it fit and was almost big??? Can't believe how fast I go through clothes!

Also went shopping for suntan lotion and travel size stuff at the drug store.. wow this trip is coming up fast!

Six above today! (celsius) It was wonderful! My dog has been enjoying some long walks this weekend!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:27 AM   #441  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Congrats Hiker!

I did the same thing, Ruth Ann. It seemed daunting, especially subtracting gluten.
But I figured out 3 good breakfasts
Huevos Rancheros
Eggs & pancake or (3) muffin

I started making my own yogurt b/c I find it so much yummier (and less $$) than storebought and I can control exactly what goes into it. So, yogurt with berries blended in was part of every breakfast. So was either bacon, almond butter, or peanut butter.
Those sound good Lisa! I know you posted your yogurt recipe somewhere but for some reason I can't find it (I thought I'd saved it and I haven't had enough coffee yet). Can you re-post or point me to it please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post

~Sara
Welcome back and congrats on committing to staying 100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantanewme View Post
Hello inspiring people!
When I did IP the end of last year I was 100% the first 6 weeks and did really well. Then I fell off the wagon here and there and lost my momentum. I'm back to do it right this time! When I start tomorrow I'm going to stay 100% until I get to goal. Thanks for all the inspiration. Have a good night.
Yeah for determination! You can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Went through more clothes today and decided to try on some shorts that I used to wear when I was ten pounds lighter... what do you know.. they fit! While I was at it I tried a little blazer that I love but was sure I wore it when I was 20 pounds lighter.. it fit and was almost big??? Can't believe how fast I go through clothes!

Also went shopping for suntan lotion and travel size stuff at the drug store.. wow this trip is coming up fast!

Six above today! (celsius) It was wonderful! My dog has been enjoying some long walks this weekend!
I love getting into new sizes! I'll bet you were excited! The good news is, you can take more cute clothes on your trip because they are all so small now! Or take less and bring back some new stuff!

Going to be a busy week, I can already tell. Hope everyone has a great 100% Monday!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #442  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Ruth Ann,
Thank you for the vote of confidence! You're such an inspirational,
Non- judgmental person. Congrats on reaching goal. You rock!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #443  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantanewme View Post
Ruth Ann,
Thank you for the vote of confidence! You're such an inspirational,
Non- judgmental person. Congrats on reaching goal. You rock!
Thanks for the congrats! I'm still pretty excited.

I have every confidence that you can do this - it really is a matter of making up your mind and then just doing it. Sounds like you are ready to build up that determination muscle. If you get to feeling like your determination is waning, come read here - I don't know if I could have done this without all the support and wise words on this board. Finding other people who know exactly what I am going through has been the best support I could have ever hoped for!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #444  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
It won't let me upload from excel, so I put an example in word. I am going to add onto the macronutrient spread sheet as I shop and also make notes if I don't like something, if something seemed to make me hungry or something was really filling.
I am extremely grateful for you sharing this information. Quite a few more months for me, but it is great to see that it can be a lifestyle adjustment, not just a diet!

Have you tried to upload the excel file into a google doc? It will allow you to share the spreadsheet easily.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #445  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Just the thought of buying new suntan lotion makes me excited for summer and smaller sizes! Could this be the year that I actually wear shorts in public???? I think so!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #446  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I haven't been on the board much the past week, so I missed a lot. RUTH ANN!!! I just noticed your ticker and the fact that you have hit your goal (and actually gone past it!!) and are a size 6!!! Congratulations to you! How very exciting! You are such an inspiration and I couldn't be happier for you. So, have you transitioned to Phase 2 now?

I am committing to being back totally at 100%. Too many little cheats this last week made me feel just awful last night, but I'm moving past that. Time to forget the last week and remember how great I was feeling for 9 weeks before that when I was fully on plan. I'm seeing now how having "just one little bite" can affect me horribly. I see now how sugar negatively affects my body and makes me crave more and more. I see now why I can't have "just one cracker or chip" without wanting 3 or 4 more. That is DONE for me. Fully 100% IP again with absolutely no cheating. I'm just about halfway to goal and want to get to goal by summer, so I have to kick it into gear.

Congrats to all of the successes shared here. You are all wonderful and a great motivation.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #447  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
hawaii you'll have to share what you're doing for P3 breakfasts - I've been reading the P3 threads and am all confused! Although I'm sure my coach will have good suggestions.

And I'll bet your daughters have a blast dressing up mom!
Ruth Ann: prior to starting P3 I went through every thread I could find and copied and pasted all the P3 breakfast recipes and suggestions I could find. I was a bit neurotic about it because it all seemed a bit overwhelming to me. I was so used to P1 and then P2 was a piece of cake. Seems silly now, but at the time I was really panicked about P3. I can share my word doc via email if you PM me your email address.

Drd: thanks for that word doc. I plan to share that with my sister in law. I tried to upload my doc but it is too big.

I found that MFP was very helpful when plugging in foods to determine the total calories, fat, protein, etc...for P3 breakfasts. I played around with it a lot! I enjoyed a couple of breakfasts that seemed to work well for me. Like Lisa I got really full on my first P3 breakfast and realized I had to figure out something less filling, rather than forcing myself to eat to the point I felt uncomfortable.

Congrats on hitting that goal of under 174 Hiker!

Gidgetonsweets: I lost close to 20 lbs by my 6th week on IP. I don't recall the inches lost, but I think you are doing fantastically well. I actually had a week of no losses and then a week of a gain around that time, so I wouldn't worry too much if you are sticking to plan. I ate a lot of chicken, but also found that it was good to have a steak or hamburger as well. Many others have commented that eating beef a couple times a week boosted their losses.

Welcome back AlaskaRN!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Thanks for the congrats! I'm still pretty excited.

I have every confidence that you can do this - it really is a matter of making up your mind and then just doing it. Sounds like you are ready to build up that determination muscle. If you get to feeling like your determination is waning, come read here - I don't know if I could have done this without all the support and wise words on this board. Finding other people who know exactly what I am going through has been the best support I could have ever hoped for!
Congrats Ruth Ann!!!! Your hard work sure has paid off! Thanks for being so inspiring!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
I am extremely grateful for you sharing this information. Quite a few more months for me, but it is great to see that it can be a lifestyle adjustment, not just a diet!

Have you tried to upload the excel file into a google doc? It will allow you to share the spreadsheet easily.
I did think of that, but I was just giving you and idea. I am sure someone else has a better system. It just helped to clear things up in my mind.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Ruth Ann: prior to starting P3 I went through every thread I could find and copied and pasted all the P3 breakfast recipes and suggestions I could find. I was a bit neurotic about it because it all seemed a bit overwhelming to me. I was so used to P1 and then P2 was a piece of cake. Seems silly now, but at the time I was really panicked about P3. I can share my word doc via email if you PM me your email address.

Drd: thanks for that word doc. I plan to share that with my sister in law. I tried to upload my doc but it is too big.

I found that MFP was very helpful when plugging in foods to determine the total calories, fat, protein, etc...for P3 breakfasts. I played around with it a lot! I enjoyed a couple of breakfasts that seemed to work well for me. Like Lisa I got really full on my first P3 breakfast and realized I had to figure out something less filling, rather than forcing myself to eat to the point I felt uncomfortable.

Congrats on hitting that goal of under 174 Hiker!

Gidgetonsweets: I lost close to 20 lbs by my 6th week on IP. I don't recall the inches lost, but I think you are doing fantastically well. I actually had a week of no losses and then a week of a gain around that time, so I wouldn't worry too much if you are sticking to plan. I ate a lot of chicken, but also found that it was good to have a steak or hamburger as well. Many others have commented that eating beef a couple times a week boosted their losses.

Welcome back AlaskaRN!
I used MFP to get some of the information. I really like that website!
Closed Thread