Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 10:50 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 181.5/170/140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ruth Ann, you're such a wonderful cheerleader. I know you probably hear that all the time, but you really are an inspiration. Thank you for all your kind words and guidance.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:21 PM   #257  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarfler View Post
Ruth Ann, you're such a wonderful cheerleader. I know you probably hear that all the time, but you really are an inspiration. Thank you for all your kind words and guidance.
Thanks Snarfler - very sweet of you to say!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:09 AM   #258  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I know! And I know too how exciting it is to see the numbers go down. Really hard to be patient.

Hopefully we'll both have a nice number tomorrow!
I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you too. Sending positive vibes to Washington.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #259  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you too. Sending positive vibes to Washington.
I felt them Carol! Or it was an earthquake. Or I just tripped on the rug!
Old 02-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

OK, now I am beginning to grow impatient, and I thought I gave that up several months ago.

I KNOW that logically and scientifically and all that I should not be anxious about the scale. I have given that up and it is all behind me.

However, I am soooo close to Onederland and it is driving me crazy. I have been more than 100% OP because I have been so sick for over a week and not capable of holding down all my meals, even soup.

I know it is psychological because I have not been out of the 200's in decades, yes decades. I NEED to see a number beginning with a 1!
Old 02-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
OK, now I am beginning to grow impatient, and I thought I gave that up several months ago.

I KNOW that logically and scientifically and all that I should not be anxious about the scale. I have given that up and it is all behind me.

However, I am soooo close to Onederland and it is driving me crazy. I have been more than 100% OP because I have been so sick for over a week and not capable of holding down all my meals, even soup.

I know it is psychological because I have not been out of the 200's in decades, yes decades. I NEED to see a number beginning with a 1!
I know the feeling. When I was close to onederland, It's like...I could taste it! Now it's weird to think that I'm 1) under 200 lbs 2)under my weight on my license 3)in a size 10/12 (depends on the material! lol) and 4)still loosing

...it's just such a monumental number to dive under, I hear ya. You've got your head in the right place...you know not to stress yourself out over it. You'll get there!

I'm sorry you're sick. I didn't feel well the other day and wanted to curl up with a box of saltines and juice. Alas, not possible. I actually took the potato puree packet and made it really runny with some water and an egg (little bit of EVOO). Cooked it like the 'bread' and then sliced it like crackers. back into the oven they went to crisp! Then I sat on the couch and had some 'saltines'. It worked, mentally!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #262  

Quote:

The stress you are causing yourself can only be making that situation WORSE. I think it took me two or three weeks to "get there" when I was close...stupid scale just inched along. I was sick at the time, too (or was having huge back pain/inflammation or some-such-whatnot)

It's gonna do what its gonna do. You can accept it or you can fight it. No matter, it's gonna do what its gonna do.

Much of this battle is learning a new relationship with the scale, isn't it?

Oh...
And believe me...I've had my share of hissy fits!

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-26-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #263  

Happy day all. Glad its Wednesday as I am sooo ready for the weekend already...this is bad since its on the middle of the week but really, I feel like I could really use a break. My heart has been heavy the last couple of days. Feeling like the world is spinning too fast and there is nothing I can do to slow it down. A lot of changes at work, I started an intensive 10 month leadership program, have a tremendous amount of pressure to get into a masters program and on top of all of it I am not certain that I want to remain in higher education. Oh yah, and I am making major changes in my diet. 22 days on phase 1 and going strong. This is a good thing though but still not without challenges in some moments.

Can totally relate about the drive through thing. There was always something so falsely comforting about eating my way through something although it was brief and left me feeling worse off than I was before. Suppose that is why I am reeling with all this stuff and its sinking in...I am really feeling it.

Sigh...thanks for listening to my rant. Love visiting everyday and seeing how everyone is doing. My husband started IP on Monday and he is doing great. He made a two week commitment (only has 10lbs to loose) and he is really committed so its nice to have a partner in this. He has always been great but being able to share my experiences is nice and validating. Can't wait to see him shrink...it will probably melt off. Darn men and their losses!

Sending you all OP thoughts today.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #264  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:

I hear you on the impatient schenectady! Weighed in this am with a 0 loss on the scale and 1 inch down. Bah! BUT I figure new hormones, increased exercises, stress, etc., etc. probably all have something to do with it (or I can blame Carol for not vibing at me hard enough! ).

But I figure it will happen when it happens. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and at some point it will happen. I just need to relax and remember I'm doing everything right. Learning patience has been hard for me!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #265  

Quote:
I hear you on the impatient schenectady! Weighed in this am with a 0 loss on the scale and 1 inch down. Bah! BUT I figure new hormones, increased exercises, stress, etc., etc. probably all have something to do with it (or I can blame Carol for not vibing at me hard enough! ).

But I figure it will happen when it happens. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and at some point it will happen. I just need to relax and remember I'm doing everything right. Learning patience has been hard for me!
I was sending positive vibes/thoughts but might have not been strong enough to reach WA. LOL I have heard when you get that close to goal (and you are sooooo close to your goal) that the last few take forever to come off.

As usual you continue to do well and have a great attitude. I leave work for my WI in a few minutes. I will update when I get home. I am hoping for a "whoosh". (for me a whoosh would be 3 lbs)
Old 02-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #266  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Grab the (IP) rope and hang on schenectady! You can do it. You will do it. Doesn't make it easier but i'm pulling for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
...I didn't feel well the other day and wanted to curl up with a box of saltines and juice. Alas, not possible. I actually took the potato puree packet and made it really runny with some water and an egg (little bit of EVOO). Cooked it like the 'bread' and then sliced it like crackers. back into the oven they went to crisp! Then I sat on the couch and had some 'saltines'. It worked, mentally!
That's impressive ems. Staying OP when sick is an extra special 100% day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
...My husband started IP on Monday and he is doing great. He made a two week commitment (only has 10lbs to loose) and he is really committed so its nice to have a partner in this. He has always been great but being able to share my experiences is nice and validating. Can't wait to see him shrink...it will probably melt off. Darn men and their losses!
Happy for you that you have hubby on the plan too - it helps to have the support and not make two meals or see someone all the time eating things you can't. Hope you both do well.

Quote:
... But I figure it will happen when it happens. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and at some point it will happen. I just need to relax and remember I'm doing everything right. Learning patience has been hard for me!
RuthAnn We're with you - it's gonna happen...we'll cheer so loud you'll be able to hear us from all over.

Quote:
...I leave work for my WI in a few minutes. I will update when I get home. I am hoping for a "whoosh". (for me a whoosh would be 3 lbs)
Good luck Carol! Hope it goes well.

I am still 100% but having some ups and downs adapting to phase 3... it's weird to lose the strict structure and even more weird not to "lose" on the scale. I find myself a bit panic-y about the added calories/fat/carbs but I'm trying to find my inner Lisa/RuthAnn and trust the system

Another snowy day here today. I generally love snow but this winter feels like it's lasting forever. More snow in the forecast next week. At least I can sneak in some work-from-home days.

Happy Wednesday!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:29 PM   #267  

Had my weigh in. Down 2.8 lbs. Hooray!!! That makes an even 80 pounds gone!!! So excited. I needed this mental boost this week.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:01 PM   #268  

Congrats colocarol! That is an incredible accomplishment! Way to go!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #269  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Had my weigh in. Down 2.8 lbs. Hooray!!! That makes an even 80 pounds gone!!! So excited. I needed this mental boost this week.
Yay! Yay! Yay! Congrats!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
FANTASTIC!
Closed Thread