Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Welcome back!! Anxious to hear more about your trip! Where did you stay?? We just booked a family thing for June once our kids are out of school...and it is almost back to back with another "sisters" trip to the same area my sisters and nieces do... June can't get here soon enough for me. This winter is the pits. Philadelphia and the surrounding area...esp just south, has had MORE SNOW than Boston this year...(Chicago ..still gets the prize..LOL...and we've spent our share of this winter there too.. )

Hope your warm glow melts some of the snow and bitter wind in the midwest!
Thanks 65! We stayed at the Gran Bahai Principe in Riviera Maya and it was fantastic. It's a huge resort, with 3 hotel complexes - I think the guide told us there was something like 2200 people at any given time staying there - but you never felt like "just a number". There were very few lineups anywhere, we could always get loungers under the umbrellas at the beach and the pool. The grounds were clean and the staff were all very friendly. The food was amazing - my sister and I did a Japanese a la carte restaurant the night before we left and it was really good - but I won't go in to too many details We did two excursions - one to the ruins at Tulum (our guide for that tour was wonderful - he lived in the area his whole life so his stories about the ruins were very personal and interesting) and then snorkelling to see turtles and then my son and I did a swim with the dolphins activity, which was lots of fun too. Again, all of this was so much better being at a lower weight

So, WI at lunch and I am up 4.6lbs which, isn't too bad considering. Hopefully it will only take me a couple of weeks to say "adios" to those and then move on.

Jo
Old 02-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Jo that all sounds soooooooo wonderful! Can't wait for my vacation...too bad it's all the way in July!
Old 02-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Thanks 65! We stayed at the Gran Bahai Principe in Riviera Maya and it was fantastic. It's a huge resort, with 3 hotel complexes - I think the guide told us there was something like 2200 people at any given time staying there - but you never felt like "just a number". There were very few lineups anywhere, we could always get loungers under the umbrellas at the beach and the pool. The grounds were clean and the staff were all very friendly. The food was amazing - my sister and I did a Japanese a la carte restaurant the night before we left and it was really good - but I won't go in to too many details We did two excursions - one to the ruins at Tulum (our guide for that tour was wonderful - he lived in the area his whole life so his stories about the ruins were very personal and interesting) and then snorkelling to see turtles and then my son and I did a swim with the dolphins activity, which was lots of fun too. Again, all of this was so much better being at a lower weight

So, WI at lunch and I am up 4.6lbs which, isn't too bad considering. Hopefully it will only take me a couple of weeks to say "adios" to those and then move on.

Jo
Sounds wonderful...my sisters and I have done the Dolphin swim at Delphinus, and snorkled with the sea turtles at Akumal! We have also done para-sailing...and kayaking. I think they want us all to do a zip line this year.. I keep telling them am too old for this stuff...and I'll hold their wallets and take the pictures...but they just sign me up anyway! Your resort sounds wonderful. There is nothing that is NOT wonderful on the Riviera Maya though. Especially the sunrises....

And yes...that's me on the parasail!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1379_2.jpg (28.3 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by 65X65; 02-04-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I read about this study in today's paper and it is SHOCKING! For those of us on IP, realize what a bullet we are dodging in getting our food under control.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...chers-say.html
Old 02-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I read about this study in today's paper and it is SHOCKING! For those of us on IP, realize what a bullet we are dodging in getting our food under control.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...chers-say.html

Good article...not that most of us need any more convincing!!

It is amazing how food companies continue to add things to food sources ...will they be happy when the population declines from disease and early death due to all this dietary manipulation?
Then sales will plummet...
Old 02-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #36  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
I think Bubbies are marvelous! And their sauerkraut is great, too.

I would love the recipe if you think it turns out well. Where are you going to get pickling cukes this time of year?

I have an absolutely terrible cold. Ugh. I am having to resist the temptation to eat --you know the kind of eating that you do to try to add a little pleasure in the midst of suckiness? That's the kind I tend to do when I am sick. Feels good to resist!

I am so glad we are approaching spring and the price of asparagus is making its way down. It's one of my favorite veggies: sautéed, steamed, roasted...so good! Another favorite veggie lately has been roasted whole mushrooms, so great with pork roast or steak, so little preparation!
I've never heard of Bubbies. I don't think they sell them here. I love sauerkraut and was shocked at how salty it tasted to me the first time I tried it after starting IP. I could hardly eat it. It was a similar sensation to sucking on a lemon. lol. I haven't had any since.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
There is not an IP clinic in my area, so I just have 3FC forum as my "coach". I am very grateful to everyone here for that! Given that there is such a huge variation in the quality of training given to and education given by the "real" coaches, I am glad that I have not had to deal with questioning whether I was working with someone that would really benefit me.

What about you?
No, I don't have a coach. And I'm wondering if that is the reason why I have zero weight-loss this week. It's pretty discouraging. If you will allow me the luxury of a mini-rant, I'm not sure if this is what I should be doing. When I was eating low-carb I wasn't paying so much money for the IP packets and I lost weight. I guess I'm just feeling discouraged, and wondering if there's a better way for me to do this. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I want to lose the weight very badly and am just I'm having a hard time with no weight loss at the end of my third week. I was told this was a quick way to lose fat.

I have, however, been encouraged by everyone's stories of success. I'm just hoping I can get through this down period. Thank you all for being my coach.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #38  

Yippysue, what is your daily regimine like? If you've posted it before, please direct me to where it is to read over. IP works. You may need to give your body time to adjust to any extreme losses you've recently had. Plateaus are normal. There are many people on here that loose just as much as they plateau!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Welcome home PurpleMonster!
It sounds like you had a great holiday and many NSV. For me it is doing many of these new things like sitting in a plan comfortably, running, increased flexibility, and new clothes that keep me motivated along with all the other improved health benefits.

I am bracing for more snow here, I think we are getting storm today or tomorrow. Have started working out at a new gym -Orange theory anyone heard of it? I think they are popular in the US.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #40  

Question....

So, our 'occasional' veggies states that we can have '2 per week'. That technically means 'servings'. Can someone confirm that the 'serving' is one cup?

Here's what I'm getting at. I love tomatoes. I try not to buy them because I'll eat them all in one sitting (the little cherry ones!). For the superbowl, I made my potato 'bread' really thin and it came out crispy like crackers. Then I made a fresh salsa with my tomatoes so I could enjoy 'chips and salsa' with everyone else. Then today, I used my left over salsa as salad dressing and it was AMAZING.

I'm wondering....would it hurt me if I spread my servings into half servings to allow 4 times a week? Don't know if that's making sense. But basically have 1.5 cups of select veggies then 1/2 cup of tomatoes to make a dressing?

For some reason i keep thinking..no...it's better to consume it all at once, kind of like how some people feel about eating all 8 ounces of protein at once.

Is this making sense or am I rambling?
Old 02-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #41  

Ems
Its better to stick to twice weekly due to insulin
Old 02-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #42  

That's what I thought. I mean, that's why they are limited in the first place.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #43  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacygirl1 View Post
All of the alternative Protidiet items I ordered from Nashua Nutrition are really good except...the chili & the spaghetinni...not so good.
Not sure if I ever tried Protidiet chili, but you should "doctor it up". Sauté red and/or green peppers, add 2 oz of cooked ground beef and chili seasoning. I use Mrs. Dash Chili Lime. I do it on the stove instead of microwaving.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #44  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
Just curious.... How many of you on here are doing this program without a coach?
I am doing this without a coach and using alternative products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Hoping today is mentally a better day than yesterday. I did NOT go off the program, but I stretched it to the limits of what is allowed. I had the munchies all day. I ate pickles. I brushed my teeth. I drank water. I made three or four different kinds of tea.

But I still went to the gym and got my exercise, took and pills and today IS ANOTHER DAY. Grateful for having it and will do all possible to make it a great day. All up to me.
Way to go! Proud of you. Those days are the hardest.

65X65, I, too, cannot wait till June and warmer weather. I have had enough of this wintry nastiness!

Renee
Old 02-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #45  

Height: 5'-8"

Yippysue: Do you have any thyroid or vitamin deficiencies that you know of? Perhaps a consultation with the doctor might help. I know that after being on IP for a couple of months I stopped losing weight and on what most call a “Stall” while being 100% OP. After suggested by my coach I went to the doctor and found out that while on IP I acquired a Hypothyroid. Doing additional tests I found out that I have a Vitamin B12 and D deficiencies. Hypothyroid is common when on this diet, the other 2 are just my body not liking me. It took me MONTHS to get my levels back into the appropriate levels and the funny thing is, I started losing weight as soon as my levels were in a better range.

I am not saying that this is your situation, but there is always a rational reason why IP doesn’t work. If it be not following protocol to the T, not enough sleep, not getting enough water, fat, salt, to many carbs for your body. I highly suggest listening to EMS and posting your daily regime and allowing the people on the form to add their 2 cents.

Wishing you a swift answer, hang in there.
Closed Thread