Old 05-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #361  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Hey guys, you still here?
I just got back from a two week working vacation so haven't been around much.
kdspirited - how's your month going? Manage to keep things in check with just the odd treat?
Sunflower - you still trucking along?
I haven't weighed since before my trip, but feel the belly bulge again. I worked out all but three days, so feel good about that. Certain parts feel much more toned and tight, but my belly, which has never been a concern of mine is now one of my biggest issues. I think it's because it was flat on IP, and now I'm bloating so easily and it's the first thing I notice. I've planned out my meals for the rest of the week and bought all the groceries yesterday so I have no excuses. I'm thinking of doing the Wild Rose D-tox in June. That or maybe jump back on IP for a week or two just to banish the bloat quick.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:08 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

HI KNM

I am still here. Yes I phased off but only for one week my birthday week. The bachlorette was last weekend but I stayed 100% OP. Also I have another big event this weekend which I hope to muster through. In the week I went off plan I gained 3lbs but I am happy to report I have already lost it and I am back on track to where I was before I went off plan. I have to say the hardest thing was to get back on but I am back. I will give it another month my next big event is in July and I intend to keep going till then. That is how my summer will have to be I work hard till the next break and then take a break lol
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Hi Folks
I'm still here, kicking and screaming that I have to do this diet for another two months lol.

I went off plan for 3 days, went away for a bit and gained 5 flipping lbs!! that was two weeks ago and I still haven't lost it all, I'm only up 1 lb but still. It kills me that I gain it so easily.

My wedding dress came in and I went and tried it on yesterday. I ordered one size down and I'm happy to report it fits exactly. The consultant said that if I lose anymore weight, I'll have to take it in, but right now it fits really well. I might try for 130 by the wedding, but not stressing over it. I am still having things I shouldn't like fruit every day and cheese. I have some berries and half an apple almost every day and babybel cheese. The fruit is probably keeping me out of ketosis but I don't care. Ketosis is NOT fun for me.

How is everyone doing?
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #364  

Hey all. I wanted to revive this thread and see how you all were doing here.
Maintenance has been OK although I have gained some weight...almost 10lbs to be exact which really sucks but at the same time is OK...I yo-yo between 5-7lbs on maintenance with a few lbs being the glycogen reserves but still...I like the scale to be around 135 MAX and today it was 145. EEEEEEkkk. It's the most I have gained in maintenance!

I have a vacation to Belize coming up in 15 days and cannot wait although I wish I was at 130 like I was in March. However, I figure two weeks of phase 1 before the trip will be good to kick off the bloat and a few lbs. Not that I can loose a lot during that time BUT its better than saying oh well, no biggie I wil start working on it when I get back. Then, depending on what the scale says when I return I can decide where to go from there.

I refuse to let this upset me or feel defeated. Defeat and hopelessness only breads more of that same feeling. I have the tools, I can be in control. Maintenance is a journey...not a destination and I have to keep that in perspective. Its been a year and a half since I reached goal. Doing what I gotta do to stay close is not a failure...its living.

Hope you are all well. Would love to chat and hear how wedding plans are coming and how life is in general.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
Hi Folks
I might try for 130 by the wedding, but not stressing over it. I am still having things I shouldn't like fruit every day and cheese. I have some berries and half an apple almost every day and babybel cheese. The fruit is probably keeping me out of ketosis but I don't care. Ketosis is NOT fun for me.
How is everyone doing?
Technically, sunflower, you are doing the Alternative P1 plan. That's the one they give diabetics and others who need to have more food. You'll still lose on it, but not as quick of course. As long as you keep your fruit serving to 1 a day and your lo fat dairy serving to 1 a day, you are actually OP with the IP Alternative Plan. If you are still losing weight & inches, you are in ketosis, just maybe not excreting excess through urine, but actually burning the ketones. That's how I did it. I switched part way through due to a stall & my body not cooperating & feeling ill even though 100%.
So, actually, good for you!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #366  

Hi EandC - sorry to hear about your gain. Good to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control. I know I will gain a few after my wedding (aug 3rd) but this time I'm going to rejoin WW to lose it, not doing IP anymore after my wedding. I miss real food too too much to do this again. And what I mean by that is I miss healthy foods such as fruit/yogurt/brown rice.

My wedding is fast approaching. I haven't lost anymore, still hovering around 135 each week. I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred last night and felt like complete crap! When you're doing IP, that workout is way too much for you. I loved it but afterwards paid dearly for it. I think I might just stick to walking until after the wedding. My wedding is making me very anxious. Although I won't get to goal, I'm OK with that. I like the way I look in my dress and that corset really sucks me in lol.

We booked our honeymoon to Oahu for 11 days in November, so after my wedding I have that to work towards and lose whatever I gain back. Anyone been to Oahu? any advise on what to do and see there?
Old 06-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #367  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post

We booked our honeymoon to Oahu for 11 days in November, so after my wedding I have that to work towards and lose whatever I gain back. Anyone been to Oahu? any advise on what to do and see there?
Several times - you don't need a rental car, just take The Bus everywhere - there is a schedule online. We really enjoyed going on the Diamondhead hike on our first morning because you are hours ahead jet lag time anyhow and very early morning means no crowds and amazing lighting. We started at 6 am but you could even go a bit earlier. We also really enjoyed the Bishop Museum in Honolulu itself as it gives a wonderful background to cultural life in Hawaii. Also take a surfing lesson if you haven't tried it before - totally worth it.

We spent most of our time on the North Shore - at the time of year you are going it will be 'babies play in the shallows' gentle. Favorite place Makaha Beach - mainly locals and not crowded at all.
See photo attached.
Liana

Here's a link for ideas on activities on Oahu that are on sale (travelzoo) http://www.travelzoo.com/entertainme...deal%3a1784848 You'd have to purchase & book ahead, but worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Makaha Beach.jpg (54.3 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-18-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:33 AM   #368  

Sunflower you are going to love Hawaii, especially Oahu! My husband went to college at UH and lived there for several years so we visit often. That being said, I would definitely recommend eating at L and L's (BBQ chicken), snorkeling at Hanauma Bay (best snorkeling ever) and hikinh Manoa Falls. Its so beautiful there you really can't go wrong. No matter what you do you will have so much fun.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #369  

Hi guys, sorry I haven't said thank you for the info on Oahu. I am truly grately for all the advice. I have been swamped. Renovations are done now so I can concentrate more on the wedding.

How is everyone doing? I'm hanging in there at 135, weighed this morning. My dress fits but I'm still trying to get to 130. I have exact 4 weeks left, so I'm going to push real hard and see that number on the scale. I think for me, that's a maintainable weight. Time will tell. I never want to see the 150's again. I feel so much more comfy in my clothes. Although sometimes I still see myself as HUGE which sucks.

Happy Fourth of July to everyone!!

Last edited by Sunflower40; 07-04-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:17 PM   #370  

I can't believe how long it's been since anyone posted. How is everyone doing? eandc? kspirit?

My wedding is done and I'm a married woman now! I had a fabulous wedding, enjoyed every minute of it, except walking down the isle, I was nervous. My dressed look great and I felt awesome in it. Wasn't too happy with my arms but I tried. I only got to 135 before the wedding and now I"m at 141, so not bad. I'm trying hard to get back on track, but not with IP. I'm going to try southbeach for a few weeks and see where that takes me and rejoin the gym. I haven't gone wild with my eating during the week, but on weekends, I tend to overdo it.

I love being married and the comforts of knowing I have a husband who wants to be with me forever, despite my insecurities regarding my weight.

I am posting a pic of me when I first started to walk down the isle but I blocked out the faces. I'm just not comfy having my face online. But it gives you an idea of what I looked like for my wedding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg no face.jpg (27.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 08-28-2014, 02:49 AM   #371  

I like the cute frothy bit on the lower skirt of your dress, sunflower! Congrats on the wedding, hope you enjoy all your activities while in Hawaii.

Liana
Old 08-28-2014, 07:59 AM   #372  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Congrats on the marriage Sunflower40! I love the dress!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #373  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I like the cute frothy bit on the lower skirt of your dress, sunflower! Congrats on the wedding, hope you enjoy all your activities while in Hawaii.

Liana
thanks, they're called ruffles
Old 08-28-2014, 09:40 AM   #374  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Congrats on the marriage Sunflower40! I love the dress!
thanks Ruth Ann
Old 08-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #375  

YAY! You look truly stunning! I am so happy to hear it was a special day. Congrats to you!

I am back on a reboot...today is day 30 for me and I am really doing some serious thinking about lowering my goal down to 125. It seems like I have to reboot every 4-6 months to get off a few lbs that maintenance brings on (almost right away) and sitting at 135 my clothes just don't feel like they do at 130. I am thinking it could be a few more weeks on phase 1 because this morning I was at 132-133 (old dial scale). Regardless, I really am committed to stopping that same 5-7lbs cycle and it seems a better approach for me would be to get to 125 and have 130 as my max where I feel great rather than 130 and getting to 135 where I feel uncomfortable.

6lbs is not much of a gain at all. How was Hawaii?