Old 03-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for all the "pep", people who don't lose slow, really don't understand. I do know that when I did IP in 2011, I went 5 months with not one single cheat and I averaged over those 5 months. 1.7 lbs/week. My IP coach thought I cheated, but I didn't. I am post-meno, hypothroid and just have a slow metabolism. I was always an athlete and when I swam competitively I could easily eat 5000 cals a day, that is why I stayed at a healthy weight for so many years. NOW, I am falling apart, I have had both shoulders, neck and most recent knee surgery. I beat my body up with constant running, STEP, swimming, tennis, soccer and more. I think my body is just saying WTH has happened?

I have to mentally get in the game and accept the fact that it is going to be a very very long journey, I am just "rethinking" if IP is the best way to go for so long. I did WW for 3 months and only lost 3 lbs, so IP is much quicker, but I worry about the NO fruits and no dairy, I like yogurt and I think it is good for us. Just thinking out loud, so to speak. I love this thread.

Sunflower, LOL "chastised", I know just what you are talking about, thanks for the giggle
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #212  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Made it through yesterday rather easily. Not feeling great made it easy to avoid bad treats. Today I still have the headache. I'm definitely coming down from the carb high I was on this weekend. No one to blame but myself! I have plans after work today and then a dinner date with a friend. Thankfully the restaurant has a salad that is 100% OP, minus the balsamic dressing I get. That should keep me busy and then hopefully by the time I get home I'll just have my snack and then straight to bed.

I keep reading all the posts about slow losses. I never know if I'm one of them because when I start getting close to goal I cheat and gain 5 lbs over 3 days, then I lose it all again in a week and then cheat again. Thankfully my body doesn't hold on to that water weight for too too long but I can only imagine how bad these binges are on my body!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Thanks for all the "pep", people who don't lose slow, really don't understand. I do know that when I did IP in 2011, I went 5 months with not one single cheat and I averaged over those 5 months. 1.7 lbs/week. My IP coach thought I cheated, but I didn't. I am post-meno, hypothroid and just have a slow metabolism. I was always an athlete and when I swam competitively I could easily eat 5000 cals a day, that is why I stayed at a healthy weight for so many years. NOW, I am falling apart, I have had both shoulders, neck and most recent knee surgery. I beat my body up with constant running, STEP, swimming, tennis, soccer and more. I think my body is just saying WTH has happened?

I have to mentally get in the game and accept the fact that it is going to be a very very long journey, I am just "rethinking" if IP is the best way to go for so long. I did WW for 3 months and only lost 3 lbs, so IP is much quicker, but I worry about the NO fruits and no dairy, I like yogurt and I think it is good for us. Just thinking out loud, so to speak. I love this thread.

Sunflower, LOL "chastised", I know just what you are talking about, thanks for the giggle
wow Bella, sounds awful. Who would of thought that working out, swimming, all those things that are suppose to be good for us was going to hurt you so badly? I remember my doctor told me once the only exercise we need is to walk, after I injured my calf muscle doing some crazy exercise. Maybe he's right afterall.

Have you thought about doing the alternative plan on IP? You're allowed a little dairy, bread and a fruit a day. You're still using IP products though so not sure how that will work or if you want to continue to spend the money.

I know one thing for certain. Other than maybe having a protein shake for breakfast (which I just find easier) when I'm done with losing this weight and phase off I don't want to hear about IP again I plan on eating better, healthy, and work out which includes fruits, greek yogurt and some carbs!! but once I'm done, I'm done.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Weight went up one more pound. Dont know how? Dont know why? i didnt cheat I have been eating OP for almost 4 days now since I went off my cough syrup. So disheartening. I have upped my water and I am switiching up what I am eating. Hope this will bring the weight gain back to where I was
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Sunflower, I hope I have learned my lesson about dieting, regaining & dieting again. Since it is coming off so slow, I will be much more diligent on maintenence.

Yep, my ortho that did my first shoulder said that the "way" we used to train for swimming is much different than 'how" they train now and it wore our shoulders out. When I had my knee surgery in december, I whined to my ortho about always exercising and taking care of myself ( or so I thought), he responed, you just wore your joints out. I tell everyone that runs now that they are crazy! lol Hang in there
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #216  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Sunflower, I hope I have learned my lesson about dieting, regaining & dieting again. Since it is coming off so slow, I will be much more diligent on maintenence.

Yep, my ortho that did my first shoulder said that the "way" we used to train for swimming is much different than 'how" they train now and it wore our shoulders out. When I had my knee surgery in december, I whined to my ortho about always exercising and taking care of myself ( or so I thought), he responed, you just wore your joints out. I tell everyone that runs now that they are crazy! lol Hang in there
I am with you on the maintaining thing...I have been on a rollercoaster of plus and minus ten since getting to goal in 2012. This reboot had been hard to say the least! 28 days and counting...and the emotional rollercoaster is draining. I clearly don't have the answers but I do know that coming here and sharing helps me a lot. I am planning on staying on the maintain thread to keep me accountable.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:46 PM   #217  

I know I will regain 10 lbs here and there, well when I reach to goal I want to maintain within 5 lbs of my goal, but when I'm ready for a reboot like you guys, I'm not doing IP. I will do WW, yes it's slow but I could lose 10 lbs in 3 months and eat things I enjoy while doing so. I also want to start working out again and with WW I was able to work out and lose, although slowly. I would say around 3-4 lbs a month on WW.

I don't want to be on the IP rollercoaster. I'm not sure what harm I'm doing to my body by drinking my meals. Going in and out of ketosis could not be that good for you can it? And the tiredness I feel in the pm is very very hard. Today I had another apple. I really don't care if it affects my losses. I need to function while working. I actually need a brain for my job
Old 03-04-2014, 11:43 PM   #218  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
I know I will regain 10 lbs here and there, well when I reach to goal I want to maintain within 5 lbs of my goal, but when I'm ready for a reboot like you guys, I'm not doing IP. I will do WW, yes it's slow but I could lose 10 lbs in 3 months and eat things I enjoy while doing so. I also want to start working out again and with WW I was able to work out and lose, although slowly. I would say around 3-4 lbs a month on WW.

I don't want to be on the IP rollercoaster. I'm not sure what harm I'm doing to my body by drinking my meals. Going in and out of ketosis could not be that good for you can it? And the tiredness I feel in the pm is very very hard. Today I had another apple. I really don't care if it affects my losses. I need to function while working. I actually need a brain for my job
OMG you managed to get a smile out of me. Have been bummed out all night here. The brain comment was to funny!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

I really have a very different experience with this diet. I dont know if others can relate but "for me" so far this diet has been so controllable. Before my surgery I lost 3 to 4 a week for 3 months. 3 months off and now on since january 1st. I have decided to lose slower on purpose ! So I'm eating more and allowing myself the moderate cheat and even with that I lose close to 2 lbs every week. When it's less like this week it's because I ate things I shouldn't and I know it! I don't know what might happen when I'm in maintenance for a long time and do the reboot but thus far it's been completely predictable! I agree with the tired by the PM though for sure. AND I WISH wanting to exercise was my problem!! I have not found the drive to start exercising. I have a desk job and sit for way to long ;(. It's time to get started on walking and weights to get this skinnier body tightened up ;(! The losing is not my problem the exercise now that's a different subject all together!!
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #220  

Day one. Let's do this!
See, I'm being positive!
Ugh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #221  

Hi kcdoe
I think it's different for everyone and especially so if you have more weight to lose, the diet works, no doubt about it. I think the closer you are to goal, the harder it becomes. Enjoy those loses now because it will slow down, so much so that even the occasional cheat WILL affect your losses. Atleast it's been the case for me and most on a reboot.

eandc I'm glad I could make you smile)
Old 03-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #222  

made rutabaga fries, jerk chicken and brocolli for supper tonight yummy
day wasn't bad, had a headache today but I think it's because I have a stiff neck. Feeling nauseous these days....I'm sure it's IP related. Doesn't usually last long but it's usually after I eat.

Scale is still the same today(
doing so well this week too!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:44 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hi kcdoe
I think it's different for everyone and especially so if you have more weight to lose, the diet works, no doubt about it. I think the closer you are to goal, the harder it becomes. Enjoy those loses now because it will slow down, so much so that even the occasional cheat WILL affect your losses. Atleast it's been the case for me and most on a reboot.

eandc I'm glad I could make you smile)
True sunflower this isn't my second round. Thanks to reading how difficult and slow the reboots can be I'm hoping those reminders keep me on track when it comes time for maintenance. 20 more lbs. helps me realize this isn't a magic bullet.

Making my muffins preparing for a good IP day. I've had a munchie week so am making foods that allow me to munch lol

Have a great IP day!!
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #224  

Hi All had a swoosh this morning and now I am at my 10lbs goal. So excited. I am beyond myself
Old 03-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #225  

Quote:
made rutabaga fries, jerk chicken and brocolli for supper tonight yummy
day wasn't bad, had a headache today but I think it's because I have a stiff neck. Feeling nauseous these days....I'm sure it's IP related. Doesn't usually last long but it's usually after I eat.

Scale is still the same today(
doing so well this week too!
Sunflower that sounds delicious. To be honest I miss having nice meals and a glass of wine. I dream of the day I can go back to having a little something sweet after dinner