Restart, Reboot January 1, 2014

You're on Page 14 of 26
Go to
  • Quote: ugh73, how much weight do you plan on losing? Are you rebooting? THe censoring here is crazy.
    I want to lose 10 lbs. I seem to yo-yo about 8 lbs. I lost about 30 over the summer of 2012. But I'm back up 10. Probably lost 5 in Jan. and back up again in a month and a half.
    I'm trying to keep myself in check. Since I hit my 40's I'm really noticing the metabolism slow down. If only weight was easier to lose than gain.
  • I hear ya on that. I lost about 30lbs from October 2012-December 2012 and have hovered around 135-140 in maintenance. Got up to 141 the end of January and had a wake-up call. Jumped on the phase 1 wagon and have been going strong since February 4th. I weigh 130-131ish (TOM is here) and I have a dial scale so its a bit touchy. I am trying to get to 125 so that I can have a 5lb buffer from 125-130 (130 is where I really really want to stay at). I got down to 133 in September but had some major surgery in November and the holidays came and about 7lbs came back. I plan on doing another week (or just a bit longer) to get to goal. I am ready to stay off phase 1 for a while. It's tough and the older I get too the harder it is to loose. Good luck to you!
  • Hi guys
    I'm starving today!! Had my veggies and a boiled egg an hr ago and still hungry. Just found out the boss is ordering pizza on Thursday for everyone!! OMG
    I need to be out of the office during lunch, the smell alone will kill me.
    I didn't weigh from the weekend, I think I ate too much meat this week. I was super hungry again, so had a bit extra.
    I am so anxious to get to goal and phase off. I've had enough of Phase I
  • ate totally off plan yesterday & today.... I just hate that I lose so slow, so back at it tomorrow. so mad at myself
  • I am feeling the same way. The weight is coming off sloooooooowwwwly. I have been sick so was down 1.2 and then up again. So last week was a wash. I am 7 weeks in and have only lost 9 lbs. It is too early in the program for me to be loosing so slow. i am in the hair falling phase now. I saw lots of hair come off today when I washed it. I have lost more hair then weight on IP since I started 2 years ago and through my reboots
  • aww Bella, I feel your pain.
    I think that's why I'm not losing much either. I eat so little and not lose, it's very frustrating, so I end up cheating. It's a vicious cycle. Don't give up! Get right back on track and don't be too hard on yourself. Getting back into ketosis isn't as hard the second time around.
  • Quote: I am feeling the same way. The weight is coming off sloooooooowwwwly. I have been sick so was down 1.2 and then up again. So last week was a wash. I am 7 weeks in and have only lost 9 lbs. It is too early in the program for me to be loosing so slow. i am in the hair falling phase now. I saw lots of hair come off today when I washed it. I have lost more hair then weight on IP since I started 2 years ago and through my reboots
    I think us shorties have a hard time to begin with. My weight loss has come to a screaching halt in the last 3-4 weeks or so. Losing .2, .5, .6
    I know the cheating doesn't help but weeks when I don't eat off plan, I still don't lose
  • I had a bad weekend too. I went for my weigh in Friday after all. I was down 1 lb... kinda bummed, but the inches were better - 4 1/2 inches. Then, typical me, ate off plan Friday night and then kept it up right until I went to bed last night. I'm back on today. Normally I feel fat and bloated after a cheat but today I felt nauseous and had a headache. I guess that tells me I went way overboard this weekend.

For those of you hungry and losing really slow, have you considered that maybe you're not getting enough food and are in starvation mode? I don't know much about it, but what if you tried adding an extra nonrestricted packet, or an extra cup of low carb veggies (cucumbers, celery)? Maybe talk to your coach about this or maybe someone else on here with the same experience will pipe up.

I was going to start P3 on Saturday, but I think I might wait until the following Wednesday now. My fiancé is home this weekend and I'm worried if I start eating big in the morning I might keep eating throughout the day with him around. I'll see how I feel on Friday and go from there.
  • I usually have an extra boiled egg and not count it towards my protein. That sometimes helps. Tonight I had an apple because the low energy was too much, so while cooking supper I had the smallest gala apple I could find in the fridge and you know what? it was delicious! I felt immediate relief. I think I need that in the afternoon as I cannot seem to function at work between 2 and 4.

Get back right on track knm and those lbs will be gone. The last time I had that pizza I had a MASSIVE headache the next day. I know I over did it with the 3 large slices and 2 big cookies.
  • Hey all. I agree that losing slowly is really disappointing, frustrating, etc, etc, etc. the list goes on! Has anyone thought about starting a thread where the topic is slow losses even without cheating? Perhaps some extra opinions and ideas about why this could be happening.
  • no eandc, I don't want to be chastised for starting a new thread
    we can keep our discussions here if you don't mind
    I know the reason for me is going in and out of ketosis, I can't cheat, it's that simple, not on Pizza and cookies anyhow. Feeling starved again today! Maybe I'll get a big whoosh of atleast 1 lb this week
  • First week of reboot, lost 4 pounds already and official WI is tomorrow.

I will be up front - I am cheating. Not with junk food, carbs crap. I eat extra meat, veggies and even had a handful of almonds a few nights in the past week. I eat eggs for breakfast (instead of a packet) several days a week too. I guess it is a hybrid Atkins/IP diet. I keep my calories under 1500 per day.

The last round of IP, by the sixth week I was exhausted, hungry, foggy-headed and hormonal. I quit because I felt so bad. This time I may lose slower but if I feel ok, I will be able to stick with it.
  • No problems keeping it here and I totally understand you not wanting to start another thread...don't mind our little group chats one bit.

Just so you know, I am really rooting for you and you are right, those darn cheats really do a number on the WL. Sending you good vibes and hoping you get the whoosh you deserve.
  • Quote: First week of reboot, lost 4 pounds already and official WI is tomorrow.

I will be up front - I am cheating. Not with junk food, carbs crap. I eat extra meat, veggies and even had a handful of almonds a few nights in the past week. I eat eggs for breakfast (instead of a packet) several days a week too. I guess it is a hybrid Atkins/IP diet. I keep my calories under 1500 per day.

The last round of IP, by the sixth week I was exhausted, hungry, foggy-headed and hormonal. I quit because I felt so bad. This time I may lose slower but if I feel ok, I will be able to stick with it.
    same here, I have a babybel cheese every day, yesterday I had an apple. I start a new job on Monday, with lots of new things to learn, in the afternoon I need some energy, so I have a little something to keep me going. If I have almonds it's usually around 4 only. I try not to overdo it. Overall I think it's the big cheats that mess with my Weight Loss, not these little ones.

Good luck to you on your reboot. Are you using IP products and seeing a coach?
  • Quote: No problems keeping it here and I totally understand you not wanting to start another thread...don't mind our little group chats one bit.

Just so you know, I am really rooting for you and you are right, those darn cheats really do a number on the WL. Sending you good vibes and hoping you get the whoosh you deserve.
    thanks eandc
    I am not giving up on this!!
    I weighed this morning and was happy to see my dial scale slightly under 139, there is hope for me afterall. I just need to keep strong on Thursday when the pizza comes in