3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Valentine Alternatives to Candy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
started 1/10/2014
 
bluegingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 129

S/C/G: 220/149/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Valentine Alternatives to Candy

With the biggest candy-giving-day right around the corner, I thought that I would start dropping hints to the hubs about candy-less treats, beyond expensive flowers. (What he doesn't seem to realize, even though I keep telling him, is that his continued support is the biggest gift he gives me)

Any thoughts/ideas from those of you who have ventured through holidays before?
__________________
bluegingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,333

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
With the biggest candy-giving-day right around the corner, I thought that I would start dropping hints to the hubs about candy-less treats, beyond expensive flowers. (What he doesn't seem to realize, even though I keep telling him, is that his continued support is the biggest gift he gives me)

Any thoughts/ideas from those of you who have ventured through holidays before?
Gift Certificate...for fav nail salon..(for both mani and pedi)

Perfume

IP compliant dinner (STEAK!! or SEAFOOD) out and a movie...

IP compliant dinner at home and rent a DVD...

Gift Certificate to the local book store, or garden center...(spring annuals are a nice alternative to a bouquet that will be long gone once the sun REALLY comes out...)

Evening date at the bowling alley or roller/ice rink (if you are coordinated...!) with dinner at home...of steamed (in store) shrimp and salad (from the salad bar) so you don't have to cook.

Small binoculars for bird watching out your back window and a neat bird house and seed...

Gift Certificate or IOU for a family portrait after you get to goal...
(my personal favorite...)

Last edited by 65X65 : 02-02-2014 at 11:15 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 141

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

This year I'm giving DH a jar that I'm filling with little notes about things I like and love about him. He's not on IP but it will still help to keep the candy out of the house.
trinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #4
started 1/10/2014
 
bluegingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 129

S/C/G: 220/149/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Gift Certificate...for fav nail salon..(for both mani and pedi)

Perfume

IP compliant dinner (STEAK!! or SEAFOOD) out and a movie...

IP compliant dinner at home and rent a DVD...

Gift Certificate to the local book store, or garden center...(spring annuals are a nice alternative to a bouquet that will be long gone once the sun REALLY comes out...)

Evening date at the bowling alley or roller/ice rink (if you are coordinated...!) with dinner at home...of steamed (in store) shrimp and salad (from the salad bar) so you don't have to cook.

Small binoculars for bird watching out your back window and a neat bird house and seed...

Gift Certificate or IOU for a family portrait after you get to goal...
(my personal favorite...)
Love the family portrait! Great idea; thanks, 65x65!
__________________
bluegingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #5
started 1/10/2014
 
bluegingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 129

S/C/G: 220/149/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
This year I'm giving DH a jar that I'm filling with little notes about things I like and love about him. He's not on IP but it will still help to keep the candy out of the house.
What a fabulous idea and very thoughtful. I will have just as much fun creating it, too. Thanks, Trinny!
__________________
bluegingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
:)
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 963

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

I recommend everyone get a nice collagen sugar scrub. I treated myself to one and used it for the first time yesterday. I smelled delicious and my skin was so soft! If I use it on valentines day, I can be his "candy" lol
__________________
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
February Chat SoMuchFattitude Weight Watchers 240 03-01-2013 02:22 AM
CC Easter Challenge! jamsk8r Calorie Counters 505 04-13-2009 10:40 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2