Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 260

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
The maintenance paperwork addresses alcohol intake once off the initial three phases and recommends red wine and only red wine. I know of a few people who drink plain vodka on the first three phases, but I have not researched it because I don't like vodka. They like vodka in unsweet tea. (Ew!)

However, consider some club soda with some special flavorings or something. Squeeze of lemon or lime, some mio, etc. I had club soda with some muddled mint and some PowerAde Zero on Thanksgiving when everyone else was drinking.

Whatever you choose, be sure to get in plenty of water!
Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Planet Fitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
First my NSV: Yesterday I threw a perfectly good home made chocolate cupcake into a sink of hot soapy dish water....... I had mindlessly taken nibbles off of it so I tossed it.

Heartache: the news of me joining PF did not go over very well. Some every very hurtful and mean things were said to me making me want to cancel the membership before I can even start I am so heartbroken and crying right now.
SarahBell - I am so sorry to hear that you had such a bad time at Planet Fitness. If you can gather yourself together, would it b worth addressing the issue of the mean conversation with the manager or even a regional manager?

Beyond the personal angst you went through, I can understand how emotionally devastating this must be to NOT have a place where you can get the exercise in a safe place. It is hard for many of us who are uncomfortable with our size to walk into a gym, much less to go regularly. It would be shattering to be brave and courageous and go to sign up and get such a bad "welcome".

I guess their ads about being a gym for the non-jock are not entirely true. Send you plenty of hugs and strength.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #33  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Height: 5'8

Congrats to all on the weight loss!!!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Big emotional NSV last night - I put on a pair of jeans for the first time in over 2 decades! I have not worn them because I felt my back end and thighs were not suited to wearing them.

Well, working out at the gym has changed that a bit - I fit in a pair of black size 18 jeans last night, paired with some heeled black boots and a black turtleneck and I felt great. Topped it with a Seattle Seahawks lime green vest, of course.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Planet Fitness was always a great place to go. I can't imagine it was anyone there that said ugly things.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Ahhhh, PF = Planet Fitness. SarahBell, a few friends of mine have had success with Curves if you need an exercise gym. Women of all sizes go there, I've worked at one a while back, since I have a background in Exercise Physiology and Fitness Coaching. Just a thought.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #37  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Way to go IDEAL PROTEIN NEWBIE
Old 02-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #38  
finale

INTHEEVENING
I feel the same about how my emotional way of being at a certain weight than what I think it would feel like.
When I started I was at 244 and now I weigh 207 and I have told people I feel like a highschool kid and I can't believe the energy I have. I got on a pair of MISS MEE jeans and I love the pockets but hate the muffin top I have...
Old 02-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
First my NSV: Yesterday I threw a perfectly good home made chocolate cupcake into a sink of hot soapy dish water....... I had mindlessly taken nibbles off of it so I tossed it.

Heartache: the news of me joining PF did not go over very well. Some every very hurtful and mean things were said to me making me want to cancel the membership before I can even start I am so heartbroken and crying right now.
Good job on taking action with the blasted cupcake...sometimes that is the only thing! I have thrown things in the trash and actually taken the garbage out to the cans in order to get stuff out of my house...esp after we have company and I just "gooottta get it GONE" from my pantry or fridge!
But, Soapy water! That is worthy of a scene in a book or a movie!!!

I have a feeling the hurtful things about PF may have come from someone or more than 1 someone...who is not being supportive at home rather than people at the gym... SarahBell, If that is so...you will find there are some ladies here who have gone it alone in making healthy decisions for themselves. You are entitled to make these kinds of decisons with out someone else's approval, unless there is a money issue. When someone else does not support a healthy decision for you, ...it may be indicative the significant other is uncomfortable with you doing something he or she feels in their heart they should be doing too...and we see and hear tales of this kind a lot.

You should not feel guilty if this is the case and doing what you must do..will only make you stronger!!

You can do this....

Last edited by 65X65; 02-01-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #40  
finale

SARABELL, about PF all I can say is that I have a membership at GOlDS Gym and I was really uncomfortable when I started. The one thing I have learned is that in the morning the people are so much friendlier and they are not the unfriendly type. I don't know if it's because we are all tired in the morning or if it's because we are all there for the same reason to get healthy. I swear I love going to the gym in the morning before work and you will find those people that are strangers at the gym, yet they encourage or compliment you and you won't even know who they are....
Old 02-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #41  

Height: 5'2

Well made it back from the walk without freezing our buns off. Did 5.4 kms in 1hour and burned 400 calories according to my Endomondo app. It's a beautiful sunny day and the pathways that run along the river were nice and quiet
Old 02-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Good job on taking action with the blasted cupcake...sometimes that is the only thing! I have thrown things in the trash and actually taken the garbage out to the cans in order to get stuff out of my house...esp after we have company and I just "gooottta get it GONE" from my pantry or fridge!
But, Soapy water! That is worthy of a scene in a book or a movie!!!

I have a feeling the hurtful things about PF may have come from someone or more than 1 someone...who is not being supportive at home rather than people at the gym... SarahBell, If that is so...you will find there are some ladies here who have gone it alone in making healthy decisions for themselves. You are entitled to make these kinds of decisons with out someone else's approval, unless there is a money issue. When someone else does not support a healthy decision for you, ...it may be indicative the significant other is uncomfortable with you doing something he or she feels in their heart they should be doing too...and we see and hear tales of this kind a lot.

You should not feel guilty if this is the case and doing what you must do..will only make you stronger!!

You can do this....
You nailed It on the head. Money is not the issue on this, it is the fact that this would entail me leaving the house for about an HOUR a few days a week, where I can work out with out having someone telling my to get off it's my turn now, or momma my ride (my 2 year old loves to sit on the ellipitical and ride it) or try to use the Xbox Kinect work outs that I have with out someone coming down wanting to play on it or have their turn!

I wanted to get the black card membership $19 + tax a month so that DH and I can go at the same time and work out together AND have a personal trainer at our disposal at no cost.

When the person who is suppose to be your support calls you ugly names, throws out hurtful alligations and yells at you then ignores you because you make a choice to get into a 1 year contract with a place that is nation wide and is located where we want to move to if we sell our house this spring.............it hurts more than you know.

I just do not know what to do, I just glared at
The thing is dh wants to lose weight and needs to BUT on his terms which means him going to Anytime fitness for 3 months with out me.

I would rather spend $20 a month NOW than thousands later for open heart surgery!
Old 02-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #43  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:

Hi sarahBell, That's an empowering image I will keep in mind for my moments of slippage--thanks for sharing!

Very disappointing to hear about your experience with PF. (I've felt the same vibe, though never heard anything spoken out loud. My gym eventually made me feel very unwelcome for losing weight but NOT on their plan).

You have options. If you feel like it, you could look at it an opportunity to educate them about basic civility & customer relations. If you don't feel like you'll be comfortable working out there however, you are entitled to a full refund and I would be very explicit as to why you are canceling.

In case you can't find a convenient & welcoming gym ... I just bought some great workout DVDs from Costco. I tried a few that I didn't like because they were hard to follow or boring. Costco allowed me to return them no questions asked. It's nice to get in a workout without feeling rushed or having to tote my work clothes.

Last edited by mars735; 02-01-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #44  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallytime View Post
Morning, I apologise if this question has already been asked, I did look in the stickies but couldnt find an answer.

I have a girls nite coming up and would like to have a drink or two. I have told my coach about this and he told me he would help me prepare so that my body doesnt get 'shocked'by this. So any advice on what is the best drink to have, meaning the fewest carbs ,sugars etc?
One of the docs in my workplace who lost >100lbs on IP told me he drinks scotch because it has no carbs.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #45  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORgeek View Post
Had such a good month last WI i was down 4 lbs so 16 all together for this month. Ive never lost weight like this before its crazy! but such a good feeling. Has anyone else seen a dramatic mood improvement j/w cause i feel a lot happier then i have in a long time
Great job on the 16 pounds!! Yes absolutely, my mood drastically improves when I eat this way. I am even able to better cope with the stresses of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Well made it back from the walk without freezing our buns off. Did 5.4 kms in 1hour and burned 400 calories according to my Endomondo app. It's a beautiful sunny day and the pathways that run along the river were nice and quiet
I went on a three mile walk with a friend this morning as well on a cold snowy path by a river! It was beautiful. I didn't realize how cold to the bone I was until I got home where I promptly bundled up and turned the temp up to 74! I seem to run a little colder all the time with the weight loss. Not sure if it's due to less insulation on my frame or the intake of fewer calories that causes the coldness. At any rate, last year 64 was a comfortable indoor temp, this year, I keep it at 70!
Closed Thread