Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy078 View Post
I was just going to ask about the banana flavored pudding. I love banana pudding usually but the IP banana pudding is disgusting! Any ideas how I can doctor it up to make it better? It's got a horrible after taste. I may have to go buy another box of something else to get me through week 2.
Banana zucchini muffins ! Can also make pancakes with the same recipe (cook slower than wheat pancakes)

Recipe is in recipes #4 thread
Old 02-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #17  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I love the banana pudding to make waffles with. It's one of my favorites!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain. Such a lovely day. Got my swim in anyway, and did grocery shopping. Now I will stay in and do laundry and watch movies!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #19  

Height: 5'2

Okay, a friend just talked me into a 5k walk this afternoon in -7 Celsius. Am I crazy? This will be about the most exercise I've gotten since I started IP. I am already eating almost 4 extra ounces of protein every so I should be okay hunger wise. Would you guys consider an extra packet after a long walk like that? I'm not so much worried about the food as I am freezing my butt off!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #20  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Just had my third weekly weigh in and I'm down a total 13 lbs, in three weeks! Go me!
I was telling my coach, even thought I'm 201, my body feels like it did when I was weighing 175lbs. Does that even make sense? Has anyone experienced this? GL everyone this week!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Okay, a friend just talked me into a 5k walk this afternoon in -7 Celsius. Am I crazy? This will be about the most exercise I've gotten since I started IP. I am already eating almost 4 extra ounces of protein every so I should be okay hunger wise. Would you guys consider an extra packet after a long walk like that? I'm not so much worried about the food as I am freezing my butt off!
After a 5 K walk in the cold! You betcha! I'd have something chcolate heated into hot chcolate if it were me (but I probly wouldn't be walking in the cold - yuck!)

Have fun!

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-01-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:21 PM   #22  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly queen View Post
My first month and I'm down 24.8 pounds I realize the weight will slow but the results from this month have me hooked. I remained 100% OP and I know I can do this. I'm using strictly alternatives. The first week was hard but after that it became easy. I no longer crave sugary foods which means a lot coming from me, as there is always cake, pie, or candy in the house. I do miss happy hour on Fridays with friends and colleagues but I'll survive. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you. Even though I rarely post, I read daily.
Congrats on your amazing losses! And awesome outlook. Yes, they will slow, but the program is still amazing! I, too, use alternatives. One question about the happy hour- why are you giving up your friend time? If it is a matter of triggers and avoiding trigger situations, then I understand. Otherwise, there is no reason for you to not go out. Yes, the first few times are a bit difficult, but for me, it was mostly a mental issue. I stick to ordering unsweet tea or maybe club soda (add your own mio if you wish). The best thing about happy hour is the conversation, so don't miss out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Just had my third weekly weigh in and I'm down a total 13 lbs, in three weeks! Go me!
I was telling my coach, even thought I'm 201, my body feels like it did when I was weighing 175lbs. Does that even make sense? Has anyone experienced this? GL everyone this week!
Congrats on your losses! Excellent! I certainly have noticed feeling much better since starting the program. I was sleeping better, having more energy during the day... Stress at work is affecting the sleep issue, but that is another story.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #23  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Happy Weekend!

Good afternoon and Happy Weekend! This week was a doozy for me at work - lots of hours and annoyances - so I'm really glad the weekend is here. Plus, today is weigh in day and I'm down 3.6! And some inches too. I'm so excited. (1.5 wk #) And, I'm now very close to "goal". Oddly, the clinic scale keeps changing my goal... They want to see 0 on the body fat gain/loss line on their scale readout. But it just keeps changing. This week it says I have 2.2 lbs to go ... Which is a little bummer that it keeps changing... BUT bmi and percentage of body fat #s are both now in the "normal" range. Exciting!

I have a good bit of work travel/dinners/conference food coming up over the next two weeks so I'm going to be doing a combo of phase 1&2 depending on what's manageable. And we will take stock after that. Planning ... Crispy cereal is easy to make at a hotel...taking a lot of bars for convenience. Also chocolate drink for warm snack assuming I have microwave access. (Has anyone made the chocolate drink using hot water and mixing the powder in slowly while stirring instead of shaking?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefnrod View Post
2nd WI lost 2.8 no inches but still happy
Awesome! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Scale was down a pound this morning Have not seen that number in 12 years.
So exciting! And wonderful motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennagain View Post
Weigh in last week has put me to within 3 pounds of a number I haven't seen in a very long time- (170's) small goals, but attainable for the first time with IP.
Congrats! It's awesome to hit those mini-milestones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly queen View Post
My first month and I'm down 24.8 pounds I realize the weight will slow but the results from this month have me hooked. I remained 100% OP and I know I can do this.
That is AWESOME! Wow! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Go you indeed! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
?... One question about the happy hour- why are you giving up your friend time? If it is a matter of triggers and avoiding trigger situations, then I understand. Otherwise, there is no reason for you to not go out. Yes, the first few times are a bit difficult, but for me, it was mostly a mental issue. I stick to ordering unsweet tea or maybe club soda (add your own mio if you wish). The best thing about happy hour is the conversation, so don't miss out!
Renee you are so right about this. I too have avoided some situations because it is 'easier' but as I move into maintenance, I'm going to have to have these skills...I need to work on this more. Great reminder.

Have a lovely weekend all. IP POWER to you!
Old 02-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 304/292/150

Height: 5'9

Had such a good month last WI i was down 4 lbs so 16 all together for this month. Ive never lost weight like this before its crazy! but such a good feeling. Has anyone else seen a dramatic mood improvement j/w cause i feel a lot happier then i have in a long time
Old 02-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

"Good afternoon and Happy Weekend! This week was a doozy for me at work - lots of hours and annoyances - so I'm really glad the weekend is here. Plus, today is weigh in day and I'm down 3.6! And some inches too. I'm so excited. (1.5 wk #) And, I'm now very close to "goal". Oddly, the clinic scale keeps changing my goal... They want to see 0 on the body fat gain/loss line on their scale readout. But it just keeps changing. This week it says I have 2.2 lbs to go ... Which is a little bummer that it keeps changing... BUT bmi and percentage of body fat #s are both now in the "normal" range. Exciting!"

So happy for you! I am beginning to think that clinics keep changing the goal, to continue making $$. It may be time to evaluate how you feel in your body. You have done an amazing job! Love that you have reached the "normal" range. I am looking forward to that day
Old 02-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Good afternoon and Happy Weekend! This week was a doozy for me at work - lots of hours and annoyances - so I'm really glad the weekend is here. Plus, today is weigh in day and I'm down 3.6! And some inches too. I'm so excited. (1.5 wk #) And, I'm now very close to "goal". Oddly, the clinic scale keeps changing my goal... They want to see 0 on the body fat gain/loss line on their scale readout. But it just keeps changing. This week it says I have 2.2 lbs to go ... Which is a little bummer that it keeps changing... BUT bmi and percentage of body fat #s are both now in the "normal" range. Exciting!
ITA about clinics changing goals to meet their own monetary needs. My coach apsaispd from the beginning that IP isn't in the biz of goal setting and my goal weight is my business.

You know those biometric scales aren't accurate, right?
If your BMI and BF% are both in the normal range! it's probably time to start phasing off, unless YOU want to be smaller.

Congrats on normal!

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-01-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #27  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post

Renee you are so right about this. I too have avoided some situations because it is 'easier' but as I move into maintenance, I'm going to have to have these skills...I need to work on this more. Great reminder.
Sorry about the work stress. Enjoy your weekend and relax! And best of luck with your upcoming travel! How fun! Again, congrats on your loss this week!

I will admit, my Happy Hour Crew from work got together at the end of my second week on P1. I was afraid to go, but I was honest with them all about what I was doing and what kind of support I needed. It helped that they ordered drinks I do not like (beer, vodka). I had my tea, veggies, and steamed shrimp and really felt deep inside that I COULD DO THIS! Since then, I have not looked back! We can do ANYTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORgeek View Post
Had such a good month last WI i was down 4 lbs so 16 all together for this month. Ive never lost weight like this before its crazy! but such a good feeling. Has anyone else seen a dramatic mood improvement j/w cause i feel a lot happier then i have in a long time
Congrats! Doing something good for yourself AND seeing those results definitely are uppers!
Old 02-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Default NSV and Heartache

First my NSV: Yesterday I threw a perfectly good home made chocolate cupcake into a sink of hot soapy dish water....... I had mindlessly taken nibbles off of it so I tossed it.

Heartache: the news of me joining PF did not go over very well. Some every very hurtful and mean things were said to me making me want to cancel the membership before I can even start I am so heartbroken and crying right now.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #29  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
First my NSV: Yesterday I threw a perfectly good home made chocolate cupcake into a sink of hot soapy dish water....... I had mindlessly taken nibbles off of it so I tossed it.

Heartache: the news of me joining PF did not go over very well. Some every very hurtful and mean things were said to me making me want to cancel the membership before I can even start I am so heartbroken and crying right now.
What is PF and who said the mean things???
Old 02-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post

Sarah: Way to go with the cupcake issue!! It always works best if you can keep that stuff out of your house totally, I find. Then no possible temptation can happen
What's PF stand for? Whatever it is... remember the rest of us are here for you! Are these hurtful things coming from friends or family, or from strangers? If its from those you love, perhaps they are jealous that you are taking action for yourself - showing your power! From strangers, well, they don't really know you at all so their opinions can just be discounted. Hope the rest of your day goes better. Remember stay OP and you will be the one taking control and not acting as the victim - pushed around by others.
Closed Thread