3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292318-oct-newbies-feeling-fabulous-february.html)

Slipfree 01-31-2014 08:08 PM

Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February

Hi October Newbies! Welcome to month #5

Let's make this month all about celebrating how fabulous we feel, right now! Sure, we have our ups and downs with IP, but we are looking and feeling so much better. Our lifelong success depends on learning to love and care for ourselves. So happy February :val1:

stephascope 01-31-2014 08:30 PM

5th month? Yikes, I started October 20 so I guess I'm still in my 4th month until Feb 20. We've all come so far since October. So glad I made the decision to start this program. Can't wait to be finished it too and start my new life in maintenance!

want2bskinnyagain 01-31-2014 10:11 PM

Let's hope this is a great month for all our scales!! Can't believe we are coming up to 5 months. I am definately looking forward to being done, but I will continue on and keep losing. My goal is to be at goal by July 1st.

Kawaii1002 01-31-2014 11:05 PM

Thanks Slip for setting up our next months thread. It is so wonderful to be able to keep in touch with everyone! :hug:'s for all the ladies (and gent) of our IP group. So, in consideration of us being on this journey, what's the most significant thing you've noticed as a change since starting IP??

For me it's not so much about size in clothing (clothes still stink) it's the shrinking digits.. I'm just 17lbs away from being in the 200's... I haven't weighed in the 200's since my freshman year of high school... seriously.. 24 years.. It was a huge realization for me.. and I'm so excited to be giving away the emotional baggage that comes with all these pounds!

LUCCILOVE 01-31-2014 11:51 PM

the most significant thing I noticed is that I am SUPER COLD almost all the time.

(Yes I have had my thyroid check and I am on meds for it) I get tested about every 3-6 months

stephascope 02-01-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE (Post 4933448)
the most significant thing I noticed is that I am SUPER COLD almost all the time.

(Yes I have had my thyroid check and I am on meds for it) I get tested about every 3-6 months

I was so cold at work on Thursday that my lips were turning blue! It was awful. I know they like to keep it cool in there but omg.

Slipfree 02-01-2014 10:47 AM

Good morning! It is actually above freezing today :)

Scale was down a pound this morning, first time that I have seen that number in 12 years :D

Biggest changes: I can see and feel my hip bones.
I can cross my legs easily.
I get dressed quickly because clothes fit.
I am happier overall.
I don't feel invisible in the world anymore.

Steph, the irony of losing this weight in winter? I am constantly wearing big bulky sweaters, because they have lowered the thermostat in my classroom. My buddy was wearing his parka in his classroom. I hate being cold, so I come home and crank my heat which means bucko $$$ on my oil bill.

So glad that I have friends to share this journey with.:grouphug:

stephascope 02-01-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 4933679)
Good morning! It is actually above freezing today :)

Scale was down a pound this morning, first time that I have seen that number in 12 years :D

Biggest changes: I can see and feel my hip bones.
I can cross my legs easily.
I get dressed quickly because clothes fit.
I am happier overall.
I don't feel invisible in the world anymore.

Steph, the irony of losing this weight in winter? I am constantly wearing big bulky sweaters, because they have lowered the thermostat in my classroom. My buddy was wearing his parka in his classroom. I hate being cold, so I come home and crank my heat which means bucko $$$ on my oil bill.

So glad that I have friends to share this journey with.:grouphug:

Congrats on the loss this morning! You must feel great! I too feel less invisible - I have so much more confidence and feel more "worthy" of being a human being. Sounds a bit harsh but all I wanted to do was hide in shame when I was at my highest. Never again! ;)

want2bskinnyagain 02-01-2014 12:10 PM

Kawaii: I find new numbers on the scale so exciting, and it amazes me how long ago I saw that number.

Luccilove: I am cold all the time too, which stinks but I keep telling myself that being cold is better then warm and fat!!! LOL

Slipfree: Another pound bites the dust!!:carrot:

Steph: I don't think it sounds harsh, I think it was true for alot of us.

I think the biggest change for me is my confidence. I am also starting to realize how far I have come, how much work it has been to get where I am(which is a positive thing), and how much smaller my body is then it was back in Oct.

Kawaii1002 02-01-2014 12:19 PM

So here's a question for you all. You're the ladies I feel like I can confide in and I need some girlfriend advice. Have any of you had troubles in your relationships because of your newfound confidence? Hubby is doing the diet with me and that's great! He's made it to goal weight, and is now on phase 2. The changes with me have been different. I feel like I'm not relying on him as much to "help".. I want to prove to myself that I can do things. And I find that I'm getting frustrated at him quite frequently now. When I talk with him, I find that I just want to vent, and he's always trying to "fix" things. To make my life easier, because he wants to be nice.. but I've had so many years of "nice" that I want (actually NEED) to prove to myself that I can stand on my own two feet.

I think this sounds like I'm pushing him away, and maybe in some ways I am, but I've talked with him and said the words that I said earlier here in this post. Sometimes I'm just looking to vent, I don't want you to fix it. He says "oh, ok", and goes right back to trying to come up with fixes... ARGH!!!

I love him to pieces, and I'm sure that we will work through this. I just was asking if any of you had similar issues, or if this is just in my head..:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

lisa32989 02-01-2014 01:59 PM

Some of that is the difference in the way men & women communicate.
Women sometimes just want to vent. This is best done with the girls b/c guys are more results oriented. When we vent to them they're looking for what they can fix so we are happy.

I have to be really careful to tell DH I don't want or need him to do anything except listen because up in just venting. Otherwise he wants to fix whatever is "broken"

Slipfree 02-01-2014 06:49 PM

Hi all,

Made some yummy things for dinner.
Pan fried shrimp: shrimp dipped in egg and coated with crushed garlic soy chips, then pan fried in a tiny bit of garlic olive oil. Used low sodium soy sauce and a little Dijon mustard for a dipping sauce.

For dessert:
banana zucchini waffles
IP banana pudding
2 cups shredded zucchini
2.5 ounces of water
1 egg

Blended and then cooked in a waffle iron and topped with WF blueberry syrup.

RosiePosie101 02-01-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 4934091)
Hi all,

Made some yummy things for dinner.
Pan fried shrimp: shrimp dipped in egg and coated with crushed garlic soy chips, then pan fried in a tiny bit of garlic olive oil. Used low sodium soy sauce and a little Dijon mustard for a dipping sauce.

For dessert:
banana zucchini waffles
IP banana pudding
2 cups shredded zucchini
2.5 ounces of water
1 egg

Blended and then cooked in a waffle iron and topped with WF blueberry syrup.

That does sound delicious! Do you use you waffle iron a lot? I've never had one but I see lots of good recipes on here and when I've tried doing pancakes instead, it's been a bit of a disaster!! Thinking I might get one.

Slipfree 02-01-2014 08:22 PM

Hi Rosie,

I was given a Cuisinart grill/griddle for Christmas and the waffle iron plates. I love it! I was not a fan of the crispy cereal pancakes either, but I do like the texture and taste of the waffles. Was surprised at how much I liked the WF blueberry syrup too.

Slipfree 02-02-2014 10:00 AM

Good morning everyone,

Off to Ikea and Whole Foods today. These stores are an hour away from home. Going to look for: Bubbies pickles, frozen rhubarb, and aminos. Is there anything else IP friendly that you find at Whole Foods?

LUCCILOVE 02-02-2014 10:58 AM

Slipfree--

Yes I am at my Whole Foods all the time it is not far from me. Couple of things to check out for IP stuff.

In the baking section where the extracts are - there are stevia drops-they are flavored. It is a green and white bottle they have butterscotch, coke, orange, etc. It is the same if you are using stevia (Stevia in the raw green packets). I got the butter Toffee to put into my cookies. They are expensive but last a long time. They need to be refrigerated once opened. They also have nice organic extracts with no sugar added. Cost more then regular extracts.

Their reduced sodium dill pickles are good. There is also a mustard there - I think the brand begins with a W that has no salt added that you can use. It is either a Dijon or a ground mustard. At one point my WFoods had the Redmond real salt that I use from my clinic - I bought the big bag of it so I can just refill my little sprinkle one.

I think their meats are good at least for my area. I like the NY strip steak, filet is very good but expensive. Their ground turkey breast is good. They also have applegate chicken sage sausages are good if u are making eggs, also nice turkey bacon there as well. If you are going to get a rack of lamb (it is in the Chef Vs cookbook for IP) WFoods rack is excellent. They can cut it for you how ever you need it or trim off the fat.

The fish is very hit or miss. It depends on the day I am there.

They have a gourmet mushroom packet that = about 2 cups. I use it for stir fry and my soups. In the freezer section they have nice bags of frozen shitake mushrooms and I think a blended. They are in a light brown bag.

FYI Sometimes the frozen rhubarb is located in the frozen fruit or smoothie fruit section. I know dole makes one.

I really like the San J gluten free organic reduce sodium tamari sauce which is basically soy sauce. It is in a white bottle with a green circle in the front.

I hope this helps a little. Happy Shopping!!!

Good luck and enjoy!!!

PS Was just at my Dollar Store and they have clear/see thru with a lid shoe boxes - this is what I use to store my packets and vitamins in. I dont use the lids. It is very helpful and easy to organize. They were not there last week.

PPS Just tried the WF strawberry jam/spread-very good and the new cranberry spread/sauce-pretty good would work nice as a sauce with turkey or something like that.

LUCCILOVE 02-02-2014 11:03 AM

Slipfree--

One more thing at WFoods for IP - very hard to find near me is the Spry Gum it comes in cinnamon, peppermint, green tea, and spearmint. All are good. Try the small packets to see if u like them then order the bulk at amazon it is cheaper. Green tea is just ok. Per IP videos this gum was approved. If u dont see it ask someone to help you. Hard to find in the store. It is near the vitamin section or mouth mints

Slipfree 02-02-2014 11:04 AM

Thank you Luccilove!!! You rock. I will check all of those out. :D

Kawaii1002 02-02-2014 11:57 AM

Slip,
Next time you're planning a day trip like that, we should go together!! I'd love to check out WFoods and Ikea is amazing.. love the store!

Slipfree 02-02-2014 12:02 PM

Kawaii,

I am always up for an adventure. Today, I am going with my Mom. She is running a very fancy dance for her church and she needs some stuff from Ikea.
I threw in Whole Foods since we will be down that way. Think we will go to Outback too.

want2bskinnyagain 02-02-2014 12:34 PM

Slipfree: Happy shopping! Sounds like a fun day.

Kawaii: I have been thinking of your husband question. I think it is in your husbands nature it "fix" things for you, that has been his role for some time now, not easy for him to change what he does. But sometimes we need to tell husbands more then once (more then twice, three times! LOL) what we want or need before they "get" it. Keep telling him how you feel or what you NEED when you are not frustrated with him. Good luck.:hug:

So my friend had a birthday party at her house last night. She knows I am losing weight but I was nervous about how the night was going to go with all the food and alcohol there. When asked I told her I wasn't drinking and she didn't pressure me, (I am not good with pressure, I usually cave). As for the food...I didn't eat anything! I was so happy with myself when I got home. And another guest at the party quietly asked if I had lost "a lot of weight"! I said yes, and that I was still a work in progress! LOL She told me how great I looked and told me to keep it up! It is nice that MOST people are so supportive and encouraging about me losing weight.

Happy Sunday!!!

LUCCILOVE 02-02-2014 05:15 PM

Slipfree-meant to tell you congrats on your weight loss this week. Hope u got some good stuff to try at WFoods.

Husbands--Mine wants to fix or solve everything. I even tell him before I speak I am just venting and that he does not have to give me a comment or a solution. He doesnt like that but he has no choice. It is a guy/girl thing mainly.

want2bskinnyagain--Great surprise about your friends party. Good for u. And it is nice when you tell some people they end up actually supporting you and being proud of u. It is nice to get encouragement from others when it is unexpected. You go girl!!

JIG--Good luck with Seattle today - I am sure you are routing or them!!!

I am watching the Puppy and Kitten bowl now so frigin cute and clever. It gets better every year!!!

Slipfree 02-02-2014 06:39 PM

Hi all,

Fun day :). Always fun to spend time with my mom.

Luccilove: that lost pound was back on the scale this morning. Had pickles and soy sauce yesterday, guaranteed to retain h2o with that combo. My Whole Foods was a bit of a challenge- only vanilla stevia, no rhubarb, and really had to search for Bubbies. I did get the organic low sodium soy sauce. Thank you so much for all of your help.

Want2b- your party sounds fantastic! So nice to have so much support and a wonderful, subtle compliment. Way to stay strong.

All4Me&You&Our3 02-02-2014 08:04 PM

Hi to all of you! I've been reading all your posts since I started in October (24). I decided to post today. I've lost 39 lbs so far 😊! Started 228 - made it to Onederland Christmas morning. Last week - reached the 180's (189)!! I have a goal for getting out each decade at a time - focusing now to reach 170's!! Love IP! This is the easiest weight I have ever lost - without exercise! I actually started lightly this weekend on my exercise bike and treadmill - was wondering if you ladies or guys saw a big drop on your lean mass when you began exercising if you have? I feel like I should be doing some activity - nothing strenuous of course but I felt good afterwards😊.

Slipfree 02-02-2014 08:21 PM

Welcome All4Me! So glad you decided to post. Congratulations on your 39lbs. gone forever.

I had started exercising by walking on the treadmill, but my foot(broke it in August) started to act up. Need to set up the elliptical to see if it works better.

I am working in 10 pound increments too. I am looking forward to the 170s! This is a great group of people to turn to for support in good and and tough times.

All4Me&You&Our3 02-02-2014 08:27 PM

Thanks Slipfree! We have very close numbers! What day is your official weigh-in day? I visit with my coach Friday mornings.

Slipfree 02-02-2014 08:44 PM

I only weigh in officially every three weeks. My clinic charges again after 12 coaching sessions, so I am trying to stretch them out. But I weigh myself each day. Have been in a bit of a slow down weight wise. I have been 100 % OP except for having two restricteds, one time in the very beginning. I have just decided to be patient and to keep working the protocol. I was my current weight for about ten years, so I think my body needs time to break through.

want2bskinnyagain 02-02-2014 09:13 PM

All4me: Welcome, glad you decided to post. This is a very supportive group. Great job on the pounds lost forever. I too do 10lb increments, it doesn't seem like such a large number that way.

LUCCILOVE 02-02-2014 09:19 PM

Welcome aboard. I also do my weight losses 10 lbs at a time. It is easier for me to wrap my head around it and not stress about loosing 83 - 100 lbs.

Kawaii1002 02-03-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All4Me&You&Our3 (Post 4934838)
Hi to all of you! I've been reading all your posts since I started in October (24). I decided to post today. I've lost 39 lbs so far 😊! Started 228 - made it to Onederland Christmas morning. Last week - reached the 180's (189)!! I have a goal for getting out each decade at a time - focusing now to reach 170's!! Love IP! This is the easiest weight I have ever lost - without exercise! I actually started lightly this weekend on my exercise bike and treadmill - was wondering if you ladies or guys saw a big drop on your lean mass when you began exercising if you have? I feel like I should be doing some activity - nothing strenuous of course but I felt good afterwards😊.

Hey there All4Me!

Welcome to the group! So glad you've made it out of lurker land. Congrats on the 39lbs, that's a great job!
I do my weight tracking in 20lb increments, but I've got quite a bit to lose, and 20lbs seems reachable whereas saying I need to lose 260lbs is like *Gasp*!!!
I haven't been exercising yet since the doc didn't clear me for it yet. I damaged my rotator cuff and sprained my hip (I'm an accident waiting to happen) when I tried to run/walk on treadmill.. seriously... walking on a treadmill.. So once I get cleared for something other than gentle yoga, I'm gonna start working out (with additional protein requirements eaten of course). That's the trick to maintaining your muscle mass.. for every hour of cardio/weight bearing exercise you do, you should consume 1 packet or 4oz animal protein.

Welcome again!!

Kawaii1002 02-03-2014 12:10 AM

Slip,

Have you heard anything about school tomorrow?? supposed to be awful tomorrow morning... :(

sekc14 02-03-2014 12:44 AM

I have lost all the weight I regained plus a few pounds more! I set my new goal at what I weighed when I graduated from college. I have 30 more pounds to lose. One of my friends that I was riding with Saturday disapproves of my diet. She kinda made me feel disapproved of and that put me into a funk. That was the feeling I had most of my adult life. I realize now what a struggle I put myself through and thankfully I usually don't feel that way now. But, that day interacting with Her brought it all back. It made me realize why I lived most of my adult life obese, because I was too emotionally distraught. Part of getting through that was working through my relationship with my mother. Another part was coming to an awareness of where I am in life. I've done alright and I'm satisfied with that. I feel ok with myself now, I don't feel judged any more and that's a good feeling. Just wanted to share ...

Slipfree 02-03-2014 01:02 AM

Sekc14- it is a good thing that you recognized your emotional triggers and have learned how to handle them. As for your friend, I say consider the source. She does not sound like a very supportive friend. You are an adult, making a decision about how to deal with your health. Why does she feel entitled to an opinion, let alone disapproval? You are satisfied by IP and happy with your life that is enough.

Kawaii, no word on school. But obviously, I can not sleep :(

LUCCILOVE 02-03-2014 07:47 AM

Happy Monday!!! Pouring rain in the VA/DC area. MY FAVORITE recipe so far on IP

It took me a while to find this but this is by far my favorite IP recipe. It was from one of the IP videos. It is so easy to make and you can try all combos. I even bought the Whoopie Pan at BBB ($6.99) plus use your 20% off coupon and it is on clearance and it really makes a great unrestricted item. I made some yesterday and add some WF products IE strawberry, peanut butter, pancake syrups. So yummy. I have also tried it with the vanilla packet in a regular muffin tin also excellent. I do not have the Torani Syrups

"Double Chocolate" Cookies Recipe

By "Coach Mindy"

You are probably thinking, there is no such thing as an Ideal Protein cereal drink product. You are right; however, when you combine two products--Crispy Cereal and Chocolate Drink Mix, you can make fabulous, easy, filling non-restricted cookies.

I am going to give you the "basic recipe". You can change it based on your preferences. Try it with different syrups or extracts. Share the recipe. Pass it around. We can learn so much from each other!

Ingredients:

1 Packet of Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal (crushed)
1 Packet of Ideal Protein Chocolate Drink Mix (Do not use Chocolate Pudding or the Chocolate Pre--Made. This recipe is for the Chocolate Drink Mix. You can make this recipe with the Vanilla Drink Mix, and the Cappuccino Drink Mix also. Remember, not pre-mades and not puddings for this recipe.)
2 Egg whites
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1-2 teaspoons Torani Sugar Free Chocolate Macadamia Nut Syrup (made with Splenda). If you do not have this, use an extract you like with an optional packet of Splenda. Also, there are many other Torani Sugar Free Syrups that would be delicious in this recipe--the choice is yours!

Directions:

This is so simple. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Wait a few minutes for the baking powder to make batter thicker.

Equally divide in 12 portions. I use a Wilton Whoopie Pie Pan, sprayed with Pam, which I purchased at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cool and enjoy 6 cookies which equals one product. If you do not have this pan, bake in a cake pan. Bake approximately 15 minutes. 1/2 the cake equals one product.

LUCCILOVE 02-03-2014 08:14 AM

Congrats JIG on your Seattle SuperBowl win!!! It was a blow out - great game. I was thinking of you and hope you didnt go to overboard food wise! ;)

Here is something I never thought about. Good question to ask when you think you are hungry vs craving something. This was a comment from the IP videos. Regarding Hunger

Jae Peacock from IP Says:

"You may to decipher between cravings and hunger. Are you hungry enough to eat a tomato? If so then you know its time for a meal or a salad. Are you hungry enough to eat a chocolate cake? Then you are probably dealing with the more emotional aspects of eating. "

want2bskinnyagain 02-03-2014 09:02 AM

sekc14: I think people are so fast to judge IP is because they don't know alot about it. I think if they read about it and understood the plan they would see that it works and it is a great plan. You are doing a great job, keep it up and don't listen to your "friend" anymore. ;)

Luccilove: That is a good idea. The other day I told DH that I was hungry, he looked at me and said, drink some water! I was pissed at first but of course I had water and was fine!

Happy IP Monday!!!

Slipfree 02-03-2014 09:21 AM

Good morning,

Snow Day again! Wednesday is not looking good for us either.

Woke up feeling tired today. Scale is back at 188. Need to think about what to take out for dinner. Also need to get some laundry done.

Luccilove- thanks for the recipe! I use the craving test, but say in pickle instead of a tomato.

Want2b- don't think I would respond well to "drink some water" lol. But it is usually what get me through the hungry times.

LUCCILOVE 02-03-2014 02:18 PM

Slipfree--I would do pickle as well good point. Pick your veggie!

Had my WI this AM. Lost 3.5 lbs!!! Really surprised since I had my TOM last week. It is weird I always do good when I have my TOM. Coach cant believe it. Really getting into a groove/zone here - it is good for me. I am sort of trying to make this my full time job - the IP diet.

sekc14-where in VA are you from? I am in Alexandria, VA area

LUCCILOVE 02-03-2014 02:21 PM

Slipfree--For your banana zucchini waffles - when do you eat this? And does this count as 1 unrestricted and 2 cups of veggies? Do you think this will work as a pancake - I dont have a waffle maker/grill.

Slipfree 02-03-2014 02:25 PM

Hi everyone,

Laundry is getting done, fire in the fireplace and the snow is still coming down.

Chicken burger for dinner tonight, wrapped in Boston Lettuce.

Getting a bit stir crazy being stuck in the house so much this winter.