Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 05:59 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi,

Kawaii, so hard to wait for that big number change! Did they have brownies back at WNL? Glad you got the 5k clearance.

Luccilove, do you use the WF mayo on the chicken? Can you share that recipe?

Want2be, did not realize that you were on phase 2, you have had awesome losses.

Kooky, no change with the ankles, just living with it for now. Thanks for asking,

Jig- holding on for spring or at least temps above freezing.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #332  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Back from WI, down 1.4 this week, making my weight 300.8... ARGH!!! Now that THAT is out of the way.. **yippee** I got clearance from my dr and my coaches and my chiropractor to go into full training mode for doing a 5k. I'm putting it out to the universe so that I can't back out.. I'm registering tomorrow for a 5k that's on April 26th. The Color Me Rad 5k in Hartford. This will be the first run I've ever completed. I'm doing interval training and I got myself a gym membership. Following a prescribed fitness plan that has been reviewed by Dr, Chiropractor, and Coaches, sooooo wish me luck!

Change your mind, change your life. It's my motto because it's MY life...
Kawaii!!! That is so awesome! I knew you'd be running in no time!

I AM SO HUNGRY TODAY I MIGHT JUST KILL SOMEONE! Didn't help that my lovely boss bought everyone lunch from a yummy Mexican restaurant and we'll be ordering lunch in tomorrow for training. It's made me a tad grumpy if you couldn't tell. Friends invited us over for Indian food tomorrow night and I'm also expected to go out for a birthday dinner at my favorite Moroccan restaurant in a week. I just want to crawl in a hole until Ph 4.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #333  

Steph, sorry that you had a tempting, grumpy day.
I feel your pain, next Sat. I have to celebrate my BFF/SIL birthday at a Mexican tapas restaurant. I checked out the menu of course! Looks like plain grilled shrimp or fish for me. Also have a birthday party, catered by a homemade pasta restaurant, the hostess knows about my plan and warned me ahead of time. I said that I would eat before and arrive with a coffee. It does seem harder right now, but I am determined to stay OP. These events are going to go on for the rest of my life and I will not be able to indulge at all of them on maintenance. I do miss having a cocktail at these kind of celebrations. Can you bring food to your friends house?
Old 02-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #334  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Steph, sorry that you had a tempting, grumpy day.
I feel your pain, next Sat. I have to celebrate my BFF/SIL birthday at a Mexican tapas restaurant. I checked out the menu of course! Looks like plain grilled shrimp or fish for me. Also have a birthday party, catered by a homemade pasta restaurant, the hostess knows about my plan and warned me ahead of time. I said that I would eat before and arrive with a coffee. It does seem harder right now, but I am determined to stay OP. These events are going to go on for the rest of my life and I will not be able to indulge at all of them on maintenance. I do miss having a cocktail at these kind of celebrations. Can you bring food to your friends house?
Thanks for the support Slip. I will have to look at the Moroccan menu to see if there's anything I can eat but I am more worried about DH's family talking about my diet and weight all night. FIL makes stupid comments about me "withering away" while he needs to lose about 100+ lbs and had a heart attack back in May. Luckily DH made an excuse as to why we couldn't attend the Indian dinner with friends tomorrow night before I even knew about the invite! Bless his heart.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kawaii: so close to the two's!!! I am so excited you got full clearance to go ahead with your fitness plans. A 5k, that is awesome, that is something we never thought we would do huh? LOL Good for you. Maybe we can inspire each other since my personal goal is to run a 5k by April 27th.

Slip: I started on p2 from the beginning. I am not close to a clinic so I just decided to do p2 from the start, when I reach goal I will go to p3 and then p4 like you are supposed to.

Steph: We all feel you pain, it is not fun limiting ourselves when special occasions come along. Try to remember why you are doing this and how you felt before you started and how you do not want to go back there. We are here for you.

I am back from the Dr. She noticed my weight loss!! Also said she thinks my goal should be 160lbs and then see how I feel, but I am sticking to the 150 goal I originally set. I can also half my dose of blood pressure meds, she wants to see me in 4-6 weeks and at that time I may go off them all together! Excited about that, I had taking pills.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:00 PM   #336  

Want2b- yay for the med. decrease! I hated taking BP pills too. Curious, what do you use for your breakfast and restricted? I am thinking about after this is over, I need something to eat in the morning. I really do not like breakfast. I have to be at work by 7:30. As a late night person I am barely even functioning, let alone hungry. That is why IP has worked so well, drink or bar for breakfast.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:39 AM   #337  

Slip: For breakfast I have a muscle milk shake, made with water. And I don't have a restricted...when I started this journey I thought the restricted was IF you wanted to have it you could but it wasn't a have to thing. It is just recently that I realized you guys were eating one a day, but I figure my plan works for me so I better not mess with it! Occassionally I will have some pickles or half a Pure Protein bar as a snack.
I have been reading up on p3 and p4 breakfasts, and I am getting a little worried. It seems like ALOT of food and most of it needs time to be prepared(eggs, bacon), I like my sleep and would rather choose that then food. LOL. I guess this whole process is a balancing act and we will figure it out as we go. I wish there were some boards for p3 and p4, or am I missing them.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #338  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree here is the recipe. You can adapt it however you want

This is from my neighbor who is "sort of" on IP. She used chicken thigh

1 8 oz skinless chicken breast (bone in would work as well)
1-2 cloves of garlic finely minced
3 tbsp Dijon mustard (there are some with no white wine in it)
1 tbsp WF mayo or Trader Joe's Reduce Fat mayo (my clinic lets me use it)

Juice of 1 lime or lemon
Zest of 1 lime or lemon
Cracked pepper to taste.

Mixed together until blended. Pour over chicken and toss until coated. Put on baking tray and sprinkle with dried parsley. Bake at 400 for 30-35 min. - might take a little longer depending on your oven.

I added cumin, white pepper, and topped the chicken with paprika so there is some browning. The mustard does have a kick but it is really good. Next time I am going to add mushrooms in it. It is like a Dijonnaise Chicken
Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #339  

Happy Friday everyone! I have my WI this afternoon. My home scale says good things but we'll see what my coach's scale reads. I never know what it's going to say. Sometimes it's less than I expect, sometimes more. Makes me question the accuracy of scales period. Anyone else experience this?

I'll check in later!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #340  

Steph: How was the WI?

Where is everyone today? Hope everyone has a good weekend. I found this quote today. After I read it my first thought was "WOW". I think this is so true of my journey. I have obstacles that come up now and then and my outlook on how to deal with them and still keep OP is so different then it has been every other time I was trying to lose weight in the past.

Obstacles are put in your way to see if what you want is really worth fighting for.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #341  

Sooo, ended up weighing in 2.5 hours early - right after I ate lunch. Probably not the best time to WI but the scale still showed a 2 lb loss! Woohoo! It pays to be 100%. Made a plan with my coach today. I'm going to start phasing off after my final ph1 WI on April 18 no matter where I'm at. I should be very close to my goal of 127 by then and hopefully ph2 takes care of the rest. I'm really glad to have an end in sight! Now to go hard 100% with the exception of my Vegas trip.

Last edited by stephascope; 02-28-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #342  

Hi everyone,

Hilarious NSV! I was changing out of my work clothes in my bathroom, I looked up into the mirror while bending over to put on my slippers. I was like, wth! what is that bump? Is is fat? So I poke at it. It was my rib cage!

Steph, good WI!

Luccilove, thanks for the recipe

Want2be, it is definitely worth conquering those obstacles.

Last edited by Slipfree; 02-28-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #343  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi everyone,

Hilarious NSV! I was changing out of my work clothes in my bathroom, I looked up into the mirror while bending over to put on my slippers. I was like, wth! what is that bump? Is is fat? So I poke at it. It was my rib cage!

Bahahaha! I actually laughed out loud!!! Hilarious!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #344  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Want2b- congrats on getting your blood pressure down and being able to halve your BP meds. That's great news!

Steph- congrats on the weigh in and being so close to goal! I wish you the best in your last leg of P1!

Slipfree- That's so funny! It's so cool to see the changes in the body from IP. I love that.

I had a great NSV yesterday by dealing with a really crappy day and not using it as an excuse to go off plan. Before work yesterday, I was walking to my mailbox and slipped and wiped out hard, scraping my toe on the ground. The fun continued when I my breaks locked up and my car skidded in the rain, rear-ending an unmarked cop car. He was super nice, but had to call the local police to document the incident since it was a government vehicle. It was then I realized I didn't have my license in my wallet which freaked me out. Luckily the highway patrol officer was really kind and didn't give me a ticket for the accident or for not having my license on me. Fortunately, my license was at home, which was a huge relief that I hadn't lost it somewhere.

It was a challenging day, but it showed me that I no longer need food to relax or calm myself. I was so worn out when I got home that I made a quick OP dinner, read for a bit, and fell asleep at 6:30 pm. I'm feeling refreshed today and SO happy that it's the weekend.

I hope you all have great weekends!

Last edited by KookySuki; 03-01-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #345  

Oh noes KookySuki! I'm sorry you hit that car. I'm glad you're okay and the police officer was nice about it. I had a near miss yesterday similar to yours. I was rushing to get to my WI apt and pulled into the parking lot going too fast. I hit the brakes to pull into my usual parking spot but the car kept going and was probably cm's away from hitting the corner of a parked car. The parking lot was icy but I was going too fast. I was so lucky to not hit that car! Walked into my coach's office shaking like crazy!
Closed Thread