Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree--

Yes I am at my Whole Foods all the time it is not far from me. Couple of things to check out for IP stuff.

In the baking section where the extracts are - there are stevia drops-they are flavored. It is a green and white bottle they have butterscotch, coke, orange, etc. It is the same if you are using stevia (Stevia in the raw green packets). I got the butter Toffee to put into my cookies. They are expensive but last a long time. They need to be refrigerated once opened. They also have nice organic extracts with no sugar added. Cost more then regular extracts.

Their reduced sodium dill pickles are good. There is also a mustard there - I think the brand begins with a W that has no salt added that you can use. It is either a Dijon or a ground mustard. At one point my WFoods had the Redmond real salt that I use from my clinic - I bought the big bag of it so I can just refill my little sprinkle one.

I think their meats are good at least for my area. I like the NY strip steak, filet is very good but expensive. Their ground turkey breast is good. They also have applegate chicken sage sausages are good if u are making eggs, also nice turkey bacon there as well. If you are going to get a rack of lamb (it is in the Chef Vs cookbook for IP) WFoods rack is excellent. They can cut it for you how ever you need it or trim off the fat.

The fish is very hit or miss. It depends on the day I am there.

They have a gourmet mushroom packet that = about 2 cups. I use it for stir fry and my soups. In the freezer section they have nice bags of frozen shitake mushrooms and I think a blended. They are in a light brown bag.

FYI Sometimes the frozen rhubarb is located in the frozen fruit or smoothie fruit section. I know dole makes one.

I really like the San J gluten free organic reduce sodium tamari sauce which is basically soy sauce. It is in a white bottle with a green circle in the front.

I hope this helps a little. Happy Shopping!!!

Good luck and enjoy!!!

PS Was just at my Dollar Store and they have clear/see thru with a lid shoe boxes - this is what I use to store my packets and vitamins in. I dont use the lids. It is very helpful and easy to organize. They were not there last week.

PPS Just tried the WF strawberry jam/spread-very good and the new cranberry spread/sauce-pretty good would work nice as a sauce with turkey or something like that.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #17  

Slipfree--

One more thing at WFoods for IP - very hard to find near me is the Spry Gum it comes in cinnamon, peppermint, green tea, and spearmint. All are good. Try the small packets to see if u like them then order the bulk at amazon it is cheaper. Green tea is just ok. Per IP videos this gum was approved. If u dont see it ask someone to help you. Hard to find in the store. It is near the vitamin section or mouth mints
Old 02-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Thank you Luccilove!!! You rock. I will check all of those out.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Slip,
Next time you're planning a day trip like that, we should go together!! I'd love to check out WFoods and Ikea is amazing.. love the store!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #20  

Kawaii,

I am always up for an adventure. Today, I am going with my Mom. She is running a very fancy dance for her church and she needs some stuff from Ikea.
I threw in Whole Foods since we will be down that way. Think we will go to Outback too.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slipfree: Happy shopping! Sounds like a fun day.

Kawaii: I have been thinking of your husband question. I think it is in your husbands nature it "fix" things for you, that has been his role for some time now, not easy for him to change what he does. But sometimes we need to tell husbands more then once (more then twice, three times! LOL) what we want or need before they "get" it. Keep telling him how you feel or what you NEED when you are not frustrated with him. Good luck.

So my friend had a birthday party at her house last night. She knows I am losing weight but I was nervous about how the night was going to go with all the food and alcohol there. When asked I told her I wasn't drinking and she didn't pressure me, (I am not good with pressure, I usually cave). As for the food...I didn't eat anything! I was so happy with myself when I got home. And another guest at the party quietly asked if I had lost "a lot of weight"! I said yes, and that I was still a work in progress! LOL She told me how great I looked and told me to keep it up! It is nice that MOST people are so supportive and encouraging about me losing weight.

Happy Sunday!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #22  

Slipfree-meant to tell you congrats on your weight loss this week. Hope u got some good stuff to try at WFoods.

Husbands--Mine wants to fix or solve everything. I even tell him before I speak I am just venting and that he does not have to give me a comment or a solution. He doesnt like that but he has no choice. It is a guy/girl thing mainly.

want2bskinnyagain--Great surprise about your friends party. Good for u. And it is nice when you tell some people they end up actually supporting you and being proud of u. It is nice to get encouragement from others when it is unexpected. You go girl!!

JIG--Good luck with Seattle today - I am sure you are routing or them!!!

I am watching the Puppy and Kitten bowl now so frigin cute and clever. It gets better every year!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #23  

Hi all,

Fun day . Always fun to spend time with my mom.

Luccilove: that lost pound was back on the scale this morning. Had pickles and soy sauce yesterday, guaranteed to retain h2o with that combo. My Whole Foods was a bit of a challenge- only vanilla stevia, no rhubarb, and really had to search for Bubbies. I did get the organic low sodium soy sauce. Thank you so much for all of your help.

Want2b- your party sounds fantastic! So nice to have so much support and a wonderful, subtle compliment. Way to stay strong.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:04 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 228.2/189/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi to all of you! I've been reading all your posts since I started in October (24). I decided to post today. I've lost 39 lbs so far 😊! Started 228 - made it to Onederland Christmas morning. Last week - reached the 180's (189)!! I have a goal for getting out each decade at a time - focusing now to reach 170's!! Love IP! This is the easiest weight I have ever lost - without exercise! I actually started lightly this weekend on my exercise bike and treadmill - was wondering if you ladies or guys saw a big drop on your lean mass when you began exercising if you have? I feel like I should be doing some activity - nothing strenuous of course but I felt good afterwards😊.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #25  

Welcome All4Me! So glad you decided to post. Congratulations on your 39lbs. gone forever.

I had started exercising by walking on the treadmill, but my foot(broke it in August) started to act up. Need to set up the elliptical to see if it works better.

I am working in 10 pound increments too. I am looking forward to the 170s! This is a great group of people to turn to for support in good and and tough times.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 228.2/189/135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Slipfree! We have very close numbers! What day is your official weigh-in day? I visit with my coach Friday mornings.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #27  

I only weigh in officially every three weeks. My clinic charges again after 12 coaching sessions, so I am trying to stretch them out. But I weigh myself each day. Have been in a bit of a slow down weight wise. I have been 100 % OP except for having two restricteds, one time in the very beginning. I have just decided to be patient and to keep working the protocol. I was my current weight for about ten years, so I think my body needs time to break through.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:13 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

All4me: Welcome, glad you decided to post. This is a very supportive group. Great job on the pounds lost forever. I too do 10lb increments, it doesn't seem like such a large number that way.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #29  

Welcome aboard. I also do my weight losses 10 lbs at a time. It is easier for me to wrap my head around it and not stress about loosing 83 - 100 lbs.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Me&You&Our3 View Post
Hi to all of you! I've been reading all your posts since I started in October (24). I decided to post today. I've lost 39 lbs so far 😊! Started 228 - made it to Onederland Christmas morning. Last week - reached the 180's (189)!! I have a goal for getting out each decade at a time - focusing now to reach 170's!! Love IP! This is the easiest weight I have ever lost - without exercise! I actually started lightly this weekend on my exercise bike and treadmill - was wondering if you ladies or guys saw a big drop on your lean mass when you began exercising if you have? I feel like I should be doing some activity - nothing strenuous of course but I felt good afterwards😊.
Hey there All4Me!

Welcome to the group! So glad you've made it out of lurker land. Congrats on the 39lbs, that's a great job!
I do my weight tracking in 20lb increments, but I've got quite a bit to lose, and 20lbs seems reachable whereas saying I need to lose 260lbs is like *Gasp*!!!
I haven't been exercising yet since the doc didn't clear me for it yet. I damaged my rotator cuff and sprained my hip (I'm an accident waiting to happen) when I tried to run/walk on treadmill.. seriously... walking on a treadmill.. So once I get cleared for something other than gentle yoga, I'm gonna start working out (with additional protein requirements eaten of course). That's the trick to maintaining your muscle mass.. for every hour of cardio/weight bearing exercise you do, you should consume 1 packet or 4oz animal protein.

Welcome again!!
Closed Thread