Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February

You're on Page 19 of 24
Go to
  • You know you are on IP when: a family birthday at a restaurant makes you think, man I hope there is something OP on the menu.
  • When date night means "what place have we had good experiences at for OP eating??"

Outback Steakhouse and Longhorn were GREAT btw..
  • Kawaii: Good for you! Walking is still exercise, don't discredit yourself. You are still beating everyone that is still on the couch!!!

So my DH mentioned our shopping trip next weekend and he is already thinking about places we can eat at, or how we can stick to plan. I was soooo proud of him for this, usually he would be like "it's just a weekend, get back on the diet on Monday"! I think he finally gets that this is working for me(well both of us since he has lost 25lbs too) and wants us to get to goal as much as we do. It is the small things in life that make you smile!

Also we had our friends stop in for lunch today, I had the fixings for sandwiches...but I never had any bread! I had lunch meat and veggies. Again I think of this as a NSV, because I love bread. I am so glad my mind got on board with the rest of me. I think once you can get your mind convinced anything is possible.
  • Question for everyone... I know the usual protocol is for every 60 minutes of exercise you do add 4oz of lean protein or another packet. I added the protein after the walk, and after all my food today (including a restricted) my calorie count is up to a net 51 calories. Should I be worried? My walk burned 940 calories..
  • Want2be,

Congrats on getting your hubby into the program! Also, good job on getting your brain into it too! I think that's the hardest part.. But once you do it, you feel like you can accomplish anything!
  • Quote: Question for everyone... I know the usual protocol is for every 60 minutes of exercise you do add 4oz of lean protein or another packet. I added the protein after the walk, and after all my food today (including a restricted) my calorie count is up to a net 51 calories. Should I be worried? My walk burned 940 calories..
    Kawaii - where are you getting the 950 calories burned from? That seems awfully high.
  • Quote: Kawaii - where are you getting the 950 calories burned from? That seems awfully high.
    Ruth,

Nike+ run app on my phone with a Pyle Heartrate monitor tracking calories burned. I did 4.01 miles in 1:05:13 (so I was going approximately 4mph off pavement and some beach/sand terrain thrown in..

**Edit** did some online research and generally what I've seen for calorie burn is 765.. sooo I'll be happy, shut up and enjoy my evening... thanks Ruth Ann.. I'll be sure to cross check things before I worry next time.
  • Always good to double check Kawaii and good for you for getting some exercise!
  • I had a good OP day which is right now - day for day to get myself over a small hump and into ketosis again. I am planning for success this week, I have my stir fry made, and peppers and celery in baggies ready for grab and go. I also did some Chicken breasts in the oven so they are ready to eat after work!

I just love the IP vanilla Ready made drink with coffee and stevia - Just like an "Canadian" Tim Hortin's Ice Cap! A must try for you all. Blend it up and even add spinach (you won't taste the spinach) but turns smoothy a tinch of green.

WAY TO GO CANADIAN MEN's and WOMAN's Curling and Hockey, bringing home 4 GOLD
  • Slipfree, Kooky, and Lucilove - love your advise about going 100% IP for a day and then another then make it a week! You are right, and that is exactly what I am going to do! The advice for Wine4me, but really you are touching other IP members with sharing this information that we ALL KNOW!
  • Dlr- great planning! Planning is definitely the key to IP success. Love how you are willing yourself over the hump and back into ketosis.

Want2b- way to make it through lunch. I am lucky, I do not really like bread all that much. Glad that your DH is being so supportive.

Happiness will be no snow days this week, my fingers are crossed.
  • Good Morning,

No snow! It is going to be a great day. Hope it is an easy OP day for all of you.
  • Headsup.... World Market Stores has a 1 day sale today Monday on all Torani syrups and some are sugar free. I think some of you use them Instead of $7.99 the bottles are $3.99. I am going to check this out today after my WI.

Hope this helps
  • Good morning!

Slipfree- glad you woke up to no snow!

Lucci- good luck at your WI!
  • Happy Monday! A busy week ahead for me, but I will be checking in.

I is the only difference between fit and fat!! I found this a couple of weeks ago and thought it was great for us. We have ALL accomplished a lot so far and we are doing this on our own. Nobody, (but ourselves) is making our food for us, nobody(but ourselves) is giving us motivation, we are determined to reach our goals. Great job group!!!