Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Kawaii,

I only eat the brownies on the weekend for breakfast because I get up a little later and there is not so much time until lunch. It did mess up my little routine, and I was not happy

You are doing a fantastic job and will be moving into Twoderville soon! Your journey is longer but you have the tools now to change the rest of your life. I know that you are looking forward to an active and wonderful life with your family. The sacrifice and hard-work will be worth it. I am so proud of you and know that you are going to continue to do this! Instead of discouraged, change that to encouraged that you are almost: 100 pounds less than you were in Oct., that you are changing the eating patterns of every member of your household and that you are dealing with all the emotional crap that was hidden by the weight. Seems to me, that you are full of courage.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

So when I told my MiL about where I was, she said "we NEED to meet up." She ended up taking me shopping (6.8lbs early) and got me the dress in the pic below, as well as the shrug, underarmor type "shapewear" because I've got quite a bit of extra skin that needs tucking and flattening, and a pair of new jeans.

My "reward" for myself was a new bra. Started at a size 50DDD, down to a 40H.. (for the record, that's only 3 band sizes bigger than my daughter that weighs 135lbs). I've gone from a 5x top to a 2x, and the jeans I got were a size *drumroll* 18.... (This is from catherine's where the jeans are VERY stretchy, at Lane Bryant, I'm in a size 24 in their "stretchy" jeans, and a 26 in their not so stretchy ones..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2-20-14-2.jpg (27.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2-20-14.jpg (30.3 KB, 22 views)
Old 02-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #258  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
So when I told my MiL about where I was, she said "we NEED to meet up." She ended up taking me shopping (6.8lbs early) and got me the dress in the pic below, as well as the shrug, underarmor type "shapewear" because I've got quite a bit of extra skin that needs tucking and flattening, and a pair of new jeans.

My "reward" for myself was a new bra. Started at a size 50DDD, down to a 40H.. (for the record, that's only 3 band sizes bigger than my daughter that weighs 135lbs). I've gone from a 5x top to a 2x, and the jeans I got were a size *drumroll* 18.... (This is from catherine's where the jeans are VERY stretchy, at Lane Bryant, I'm in a size 24 in their "stretchy" jeans, and a 26 in their not so stretchy ones..
Love the dress! you look awesome!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #259  

Want2b, IP has taught me:

1. I do not need food to deal with my emotions.
2. That my body is healthier when eating protein.
3. Portion size and to read the labels.

Thank you for your words today and the quotes. They really make me think.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:06 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kawii: love the dress, it looks so good!! Blue is my fav color!!

Slip is right we are all on this journey together and we will all be here after we have all reached our goals. Keep going Oct. IPers!!! We have all had amazing success since Oct.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:34 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

I am back and feeling so discouraged. I have not lost in two weeks, and work the program about 80%. Why do I always seem to pop a bad food item, into my mouth? It is like I have no control, since my holidays last month. I am trying so hard to get back to 100% OP. I know it seems like the last five pounds should be easy, but they are the hardest of this whole journey. I keep reading all the posts to find inspiration. I wonder if I go to Phase two, would it be for the better, or should I stay on Phase one till I hit goal?

Sorry for rambling on. I just had to get this out. I also pulled a leg muscle and have not been able to exercise much in the last two weeks. It seems to be healing so slow. maybe I have the winter blues?

Help, advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-23-2014, 07:48 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Kawaii: You look beautiful!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:52 AM   #263  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post

Kawaii - I love reading your posts! You are so inspirational - you've come such a long way and your determination just radiates from your posts. Congrats! And you look gorgeous in that dress to boot!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #264  

Thanks everyone for all your nice comments. I feel better about myself when I'm talking with you. I guess I'm a needy type person.. I still look to people outside of myself for affirmation. Trying to get better about that, and I have definitely made progress.. but hey.. we all have things to work on, right?

EVERYONE here is doing an amazing job. Whether we are at goal, still chugging along like a steam engine, or struggling.. one step, one thought, one craving at a time... we will ALL make it to "the finish line". Which isn't a finish line at all... it's just a healthy life!!

Old 02-23-2014, 09:43 AM   #265  

Hi wine4me,

I think Kooky had some good advice, try for one day of 100%. I think you need to take a look at why you are choosing to put things in your mouth. Think back to that first week of IP, you did not let anything off protocol into your mouth. What is different now? Are you nervous about reaching your goal?

You are also out of ketosis and which is why the car cravings are so strong (it's funny, I picture a muppets monster in my head for the carb monster.) You have had a number of fun social events that have thrown you off, how does your schedule look for the next week? Time to make IP your focus again.

The last 5 pounds are hard. Most of us have said that in the past, we have never made it to goal. Maybe this bit of struggle is meant to help you figure out maintenance before you get to goal. I am sorry that you have injured your keg and can not exercise, I know that really helps. I know that you can do this! Just dig deep into that determination that got you this far and think about why-you want to get there.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Kawaii1002--You look FAB!!! You go girl!!!! The color of the dress is a great color for you!!!

wine4me--You can do it. I think maybe you should stop zoning on that you only have 5lbs to loose. Pretend you are just starting again on P1 and maybe for a good week do it 100% I bet you will be back on track. I know it is easier said then done. Nip it in the bud. We are here for u

CONGRATS to my Canadian friends on the Mens Gold in Hockey - great game!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 11:36 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Wine4me: I agree with everyone else, get back on 100% and see what happens, my guess is the scale will move in thr right direction. Maybe as incentive give yourself a 'reward' for being 100% for a week, it could be a new book, a manicure or anything else that would keep you on track.

Kawaii: I feel better talking to everyone here too. I think it is easier to say things here then it is to a friend in real life, and here we are all going thru the same things.

When you feel like giving up, remember why you started! I love this quote, when I think about why I started I remember how I felt about myself, how hard it was to do things(like tie my shoes), how gross I felt. Gives me motivation to keep going.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #268  

Default Oh My Goodness

So in getting clearance from the doc to FINALLY begin exercising, I took up walking.. nothing crazy.. just walking. Went to Harkness Park yesterday while waiting for my hubby to get off the train and walked 1.4 miles in 18 minutes.. not too shabby!

It felt so good that today I drove down to the park by myself with the dog with the express purpose of going to exercise... I had it in my head to do 60 minutes of movement.. not running, just walking.. ok.. somewhere in there I thought to myself "Hey, I might manage to do a 5k!"... 60 minutes rolled on by and I was *this close* to 4 miles that I couldn't give in.. I did 4.011 miles in 1:05:13.. hot diggity!

Lemme tell you.. there's nothing better than blowing past every hurdle you've ever created for yourself and proving you CAN do it. Never give up on your goals for yourselves.. we CAN do this!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi wine4me,

I think Kooky had some good advice, try for one day of 100%. I think you need to take a look at why you are choosing to put things in your mouth. Think back to that first week of IP, you did not let anything off protocol into your mouth. What is different now? Are you nervous about reaching your goal?

You are also out of ketosis and which is why the car cravings are so strong (it's funny, I picture a muppets monster in my head for the carb monster.) You have had a number of fun social events that have thrown you off, how does your schedule look for the next week? Time to make IP your focus again.

The last 5 pounds are hard. Most of us have said that in the past, we have never made it to goal. Maybe this bit of struggle is meant to help you figure out maintenance before you get to goal. I am sorry that you have injured your keg and can not exercise, I know that really helps. I know that you can do this! Just dig deep into that determination that got you this far and think about why-you want to get there.
Thank you for your advice.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #270  

So here's some quotes that I found today:

"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill"

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." ~~ William Durant”

This pretty much sums up all of us. We all have good times. We all struggle at times. It's that determination to pick yourself up off the floor when you've faceplanted it and say "well I won't do THAT again."
Closed Thread