3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Walden farms "cheats"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2014, 01:55 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Strongisthenewskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 28

S/C/G: 152/144/105

Height: 5'0

Question Walden farms "cheats"

I tried searching the forums, didnt find anything.

Sorry, but %90 of the Walden Farms products are far from tasteful to me. I was just wondering if anyone had any "cheats" they use to make them more tolerable?

I use the WF honey dijon, mix it with real mustard, and half a pack of splenda.. Much more tolerable honey mustard.

WF Blue cheese, i mix franks hot saucee in.

I know it has a few extra calories, but I noticed Rainbow used a land o lakes cheddar seasoning, I found a Ranch flavored seasong (0 carbs, 2 calories.) Sometimes Ill add a bit of that In the blue cheese if I want a more "ranchy" taste.

The peanut butter is pretty terrible.. I can SOMEWHAT tolerate it if i add a bunch of cinnamon to it.

I definitely need some ideas for dipping sauces if anyone has anything!
Strongisthenewskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #2
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,523

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

0/0/0 means carbs/sugar/fat
An item doesn't need to be calorie-free

Reminder that each Splenda packet adds a carb. They don't have to label because they keep the amount just under one total carb do they can call it zero. Liquid Splenda or liquid stevia have zero carbs.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:16 AM   #3
Started IP May 1, 2012
 
0ojoyo0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central VA
Posts: 168

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

I can't stomach *just* WF dressing on my salad, so I mix it with my home made low carb Catalina (made with Heinz reduced sugar ketchup) and it's really yummy, but not 0-0-0, unfortunately. But I'm one to smother my salad in dressing, so this allows me cut back on the extra carbs and calories. I know some people make stir frys with the Asian dressing. It's definitely not something you can eat alone, IMO.
__________________


Restarted with alternatives 1/13/14 at 206 lbs. I WILL make it to goal this time.
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 920

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/207/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Learn something new every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
0/0/0 means carbs/sugar/fat
An item doesn't need to be calorie-free

Reminder that each Splenda packet adds a carb. They don't have to label because they keep the amount just under one total carb do they can call it zero. Liquid Splenda or liquid stevia have zero carbs.
Lisa, I did not know that - it escaped my attention! Thank you so much for passing that along as that is going to change some of my habits. Every little bit helps.
__________________


schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:43 AM   #5
maintaining since 9/2013
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,252

S/C/G: 244/148/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongisthenewskinny View Post
I tried searching the forums, didnt find anything.

Sorry, but %90 of the Walden Farms products are far from tasteful to me. I was just wondering if anyone had any "cheats" they use to make them more tolerable?

I use the WF honey dijon, mix it with real mustard, and half a pack of splenda.. Much more tolerable honey mustard.

WF Blue cheese, i mix franks hot saucee in.

I know it has a few extra calories, but I noticed Rainbow used a land o lakes cheddar seasoning, I found a Ranch flavored seasong (0 carbs, 2 calories.) Sometimes Ill add a bit of that In the blue cheese if I want a more "ranchy" taste.

The peanut butter is pretty terrible.. I can SOMEWHAT tolerate it if i add a bunch of cinnamon to it.

I definitely need some ideas for dipping sauces if anyone has anything!
My daily dipping sauce that kept me happy was a mix of WF Thick n Spicy BBQ sauce and WF Mayo, with chicken. It's still one of my favorite things to eat.

Last edited by mars735 : 01-30-2014 at 09:45 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #6
finale
 
finale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 246

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Default

I feel so weird due to the fact that I really enjoy WF 1000 island dressing and the ranch with Bacon....I did make deviled eggs with the WF Mayo with spicy mustard they were amazing....
__________________
finale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:55 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Kawaii1002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southeastern CT
Posts: 314

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
I did make deviled eggs with the WF Mayo with spicy mustard they were amazing....
Finale,

This is one of my go to ways to have eggs! I make teriyaki sauce with WF pancake syrup, and use the sesame ginger for asian stir-fry...
__________________

Kawaii1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #8
maintaining since 9/2013
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,252

S/C/G: 244/148/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Finale,

This is one of my go to ways to have eggs! I make teriyaki sauce with WF pancake syrup, and use the sesame ginger for asian stir-fry...
Can't wait to try this teriyaki idea. Could you post what else you add? Thanks!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Strongisthenewskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 28

S/C/G: 152/144/105

Height: 5'0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
I feel so weird due to the fact that I really enjoy WF 1000 island dressing and the ranch with Bacon....I did make deviled eggs with the WF Mayo with spicy mustard they were amazing....
I actually really enjoy the 100 island as well, and the sun dried italian. I think those are the only WF's i truly like!
Strongisthenewskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Strongisthenewskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 28

S/C/G: 152/144/105

Height: 5'0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
0/0/0 means carbs/sugar/fat
An item doesn't need to be calorie-free

Reminder that each Splenda packet adds a carb. They don't have to label because they keep the amount just under one total carb do they can call it zero. Liquid Splenda or liquid stevia have zero carbs.
Thanks Lisa, I wasnt aware!
Strongisthenewskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:31 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,623

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Don't want to speak for Kawaii but I came up with a teriyaki sauce also.

I'm always looking for new recipes, I'd love to hear hers also!

Mine is WF pancake syrup, soy sauce, then mustard, garlic and ginger powders. Heat in the microwave for 10 seconds to melt everything together. YUM!
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:51 PM   #12
Member
 
nacygirl1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Glocester, RI
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 189/157.5/135

Height: 5'

Default

Finale...I really like most WF foods. I even like their marshmallow stuff on top of an IP alternative pudding. The WF peanut butter I put on celery. My fave WF dressing is the Honey Balsamic...yum! The honey dijon and the regular balsamic are good too. I call the WF products my "space food" lol Going to have to try the terriyaki sauce using the WF syrup.

Last edited by nacygirl1 : 01-30-2014 at 12:52 PM.
nacygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Kawaii1002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southeastern CT
Posts: 314

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Can't wait to try this teriyaki idea. Could you post what else you add? Thanks!
This is for 2 servings

Teriyaki Sauce:
4tbsp WF Pancake Syrup
1tbsp low sodium tamari (soy sauce)
1tsp ginger paste
3 cloves garlic pressed through garlic press
1/2 tsp onion powder
__________________

Kawaii1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,623

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
This is for 2 servings

Teriyaki Sauce:
4tbsp WF Pancake Syrup
1tbsp low sodium tamari (soy sauce)
1tsp ginger paste
3 cloves garlic pressed through garlic press
1/2 tsp onion powder
Yum, yours probably tastes much fresher than mine. Dinner tomorrow!
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #15
maintaining since 9/2013
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,252

S/C/G: 244/148/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
This is for 2 servings

Teriyaki Sauce:
4tbsp WF Pancake Syrup
1tbsp low sodium tamari (soy sauce)
1tsp ginger paste
3 cloves garlic pressed through garlic press
1/2 tsp onion powder
Thanks Kawaii. Yummmm!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2