3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/29/2014

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,598

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
I just looked up 8oz of beef tenderloin sand that has 11 grams of fat. So I would say one serving of that is okay. It's probably not the best choice, may have a high sodium content. I wouldn't worry about the milk in it unless you have a dairy allergy. Remember leaner meats are what you want to go for.
Ye, but how many ounces is the link? I can't imagine it's a full 8 oz.

For example, if the link is 4 oz you would need 2 serving which brings the fat up to 24 grams.

I would err on the side of caution and say no, just my opinion.
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #32
Member
 
Vippysue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: GA
Posts: 97

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
I posted this in the what are you eating today thread and no replies so I thought maybe this would be the thread I should've asked this question:
I have a question about foods. I bought some chicken sausage last night from Costco and want to eat it tonight for dinner, but I'm a little nervous about it. It says less than 1g carbs, but now as I look at it I see 12g of fat. Is that overdoing it? It also says contains milk. Can I have something like that or is it a no no? Thanks!
It is so funny that you posted this.... I just took some out of the freezer and wondered the same thing. Yes, it's from Costco as well. Mine has 6 gms of fat but is only 110 calories for a whole one! I thought it would be delicious with some sautéed peppers and mushrooms. I know the fat is higher than 30 % but at 110 calories I didn't think I could go wrong....and sometimes you just need some variety. I'm going for it.
Vippysue is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #33
Member
 
Vippysue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: GA
Posts: 97

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
I posted this in the what are you eating today thread and no replies so I thought maybe this would be the thread I should've asked this question:
I have a question about foods. I bought some chicken sausage last night from Costco and want to eat it tonight for dinner, but I'm a little nervous about it. It says less than 1g carbs, but now as I look at it I see 12g of fat. Is that overdoing it? It also says contains milk. Can I have something like that or is it a no no? Thanks!
Continued....each sausage is 3.2 ounces. Maybe it's just the variety that you got....mine is Casual Gourmet brand, Sweet Italian Style. Using this one, 2 links would be 6.4 ounces and have 220 calories and 12 grams of fat. Senior members: Am I wrong or is this one to avoid?
Vippysue is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #34
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,191

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
It is so funny that you posted this.... I just took some out of the freezer and wondered the same thing. Yes, it's from Costco as well. Mine has 6 gms of fat but is only 110 calories for a whole one! I thought it would be delicious with some sautéed peppers and mushrooms. I know the fat is higher than 30 % but at 110 calories I didn't think I could go wrong....and sometimes you just need some variety. I'm going for it.
Again, you need to figure the nutritional stats for EIGHT OUNCES of the sausage.
110 calories for how much?
If you don't get 8 oz, you're not getting all of the protein you're supposed to have
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5

S/C/G: 164/150/134

Height: 5'3

Default

Just completed my first month on IPD - had my weigh-in this morning and I've lost 14 lbs! Yippee!
Peggypip is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #36
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Hey all. Made it into work today. We are pretty short staffed due to folks not being able to get in due to Ice on the roads. That made for a bit of a crazy day. It also made for some grumpy gamblers. Selfish folks not understanding that we aren't used to /prepared for icy conditions and how dare we ruin their vacations keeping our families safe. (Sorry a bit of a rant there)

Anyway.Having one of those rare starving kind of days. I think its mainly mental, "that its cold outside let me stuff myself" thoughts. Also I've been taking it slow on the water. Its just so cold I cant stand to drink because it makes me colder. I'm powering through and not going to overindulge.
__________________
nolasmurf is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:22 PM   #37
:)
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 963

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Just made chicken breast stuffed with spinach and homemade salsa...another success!

While driving home from the grocery store I passed all kinds of fast food places and thought "hmm, I wish I could just grab a quick supper." And then it was like a lightbulb went off.. In the past I confused hunger with craving bad food, thinking that was what I wanted, when really the only reason I wanted it was because I was hungry. There have been other times as well, especially over Christmas with all the extra treats everywhere, where I thought I wanted something, then realized the only reason I thought I wanted it was because it was near lunch or dinner time and I was hungry. I really need to retrain my brain to recognize hunger as nothing but hunger rather than craving of bad food. Because as soon as I eat my OP meal, all cravings are gone.
__________________

Last edited by shrinkingsusie : 01-29-2014 at 07:23 PM.
shrinkingsusie is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,598

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggypip View Post
Just completed my first month on IPD - had my weigh-in this morning and I've lost 14 lbs! Yippee!
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hey all. Made it into work today. We are pretty short staffed due to folks not being able to get in due to Ice on the roads. That made for a bit of a crazy day. It also made for some grumpy gamblers. Selfish folks not understanding that we aren't used to /prepared for icy conditions and how dare we ruin their vacations keeping our families safe. (Sorry a bit of a rant there)

Anyway.Having one of those rare starving kind of days. I think its mainly mental, "that its cold outside let me stuff myself" thoughts. Also I've been taking it slow on the water. Its just so cold I cant stand to drink because it makes me colder. I'm powering through and not going to overindulge.
Ugh, hang in there and stay safe! Can you get any herbal tea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Just made chicken breast stuffed with spinach and homemade salsa...another success!

While driving home from the grocery store I passed all kinds of fast food places and thought "hmm, I wish I could just grab a quick supper." And then it was like a lightbulb went off.. In the past I confused hunger with craving bad food, thinking that was what I wanted, when really the only reason I wanted it was because I was hungry. There have been other times as well, especially over Christmas with all the extra treats everywhere, where I thought I wanted something, then realized the only reason I thought I wanted it was because it was near lunch or dinner time and I was hungry. I really need to retrain my brain to recognize hunger as nothing but hunger rather than craving of bad food. Because as soon as I eat my OP meal, all cravings are gone.
Love light bulb moments! You're doing an amazing job!
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
sweetenuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 183

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Default

Hi everyone, I am new here. I would like to introduce myself. I am Theresa. I live in Katy, Tx. I am pleased to have found a group to go threw my journey with.
Today was my second week weigh in I am down 4.8lbs and my first week was -7.4lbs. I am very excited that this program is working for me.
sweetenuf is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #40
:)
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 963

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Hi everyone, I am new here. I would like to introduce myself. I am Theresa. I live in Katy, Tx. I am pleased to have found a group to go threw my journey with.
Today was my second week weigh in I am down 4.8lbs and my first week was -7.4lbs. I am very excited that this program is working for me.
Welcome, and congrats on some amazing losses so far! This really is a great group, make sure to check back several times a day for your daily dose of motivation and support!
__________________

Last edited by shrinkingsusie : 01-29-2014 at 07:38 PM.
shrinkingsusie is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
sweetenuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 183

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Default

shrinkingsusie: Thank you! I have the forum up 24/7 now on my laptop so I won't forget y'all are here
sweetenuf is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #42
Junior Member
 
trynagn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Southcoast, Mass
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Hi everyone, I am new here. I would like to introduce myself. I am Theresa. I live in Katy, Tx. I am pleased to have found a group to go threw my journey with.
Today was my second week weigh in I am down 4.8lbs and my first week was -7.4lbs. I am very excited that this program is working for me.
Welcome and great job!
trynagn is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Slipfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 1,472

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default

Welcome Sweetenuf! Great weigh ins. So happy IP is working for you

Susie- love that you are losing so many inches, makes it all worth it. You are also right on about craving unhealthy foods, usually it means I am too hungry or really tired.

Nolasmurf, what is wrong with people? Sorry that your day was filled with self absorbed idiots.

Peggypip- Congrats on your 14!
__________________
Now residing in ONEDERLAND for the rest of my life!


Started maintenance: June 14, 2014
Slipfree is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
sweetenuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 183

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Default

So how long did everyone wait to start working out?
sweetenuf is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 08:24 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Bellamack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 1,792

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Hello all from upstate NY, BRRRRRRRRR...

Been very busy but wanted to check in, everyone is doing great.

sweetenuf: Exercise is not strongly recommended until you are well into Ketosis, usually about 3 weeks. YOu shouldn't do hard core cardio, just gentle walks and some light strength training. The calories are very low on this program. WELCOME
__________________
Bellamack is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2