3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/29/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292199-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-1-29-2014-a.html)

IdealProteinNewbie 01-29-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 (Post 4931501)
I just looked up 8oz of beef tenderloin sand that has 11 grams of fat. So I would say one serving of that is okay. It's probably not the best choice, may have a high sodium content. I wouldn't worry about the milk in it unless you have a dairy allergy. Remember leaner meats are what you want to go for.

Ye, but how many ounces is the link? I can't imagine it's a full 8 oz.

For example, if the link is 4 oz you would need 2 serving which brings the fat up to 24 grams.

I would err on the side of caution and say no, just my opinion.

Vippysue 01-29-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staceyhay (Post 4931487)
I posted this in the what are you eating today thread and no replies so I thought maybe this would be the thread I should've asked this question:
I have a question about foods. I bought some chicken sausage last night from Costco and want to eat it tonight for dinner, but I'm a little nervous about it. It says less than 1g carbs, but now as I look at it I see 12g of fat. Is that overdoing it? It also says contains milk. Can I have something like that or is it a no no? Thanks!

It is so funny that you posted this.... I just took some out of the freezer and wondered the same thing. Yes, it's from Costco as well. Mine has 6 gms of fat but is only 110 calories for a whole one! I thought it would be delicious with some sautéed peppers and mushrooms. I know the fat is higher than 30 % but at 110 calories I didn't think I could go wrong....and sometimes you just need some variety. I'm going for it.

Vippysue 01-29-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staceyhay (Post 4931487)
I posted this in the what are you eating today thread and no replies so I thought maybe this would be the thread I should've asked this question:
I have a question about foods. I bought some chicken sausage last night from Costco and want to eat it tonight for dinner, but I'm a little nervous about it. It says less than 1g carbs, but now as I look at it I see 12g of fat. Is that overdoing it? It also says contains milk. Can I have something like that or is it a no no? Thanks!

Continued....each sausage is 3.2 ounces. Maybe it's just the variety that you got....mine is Casual Gourmet brand, Sweet Italian Style. Using this one, 2 links would be 6.4 ounces and have 220 calories and 12 grams of fat. Senior members: Am I wrong or is this one to avoid?

lisa32989 01-29-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vippysue (Post 4931532)
It is so funny that you posted this.... I just took some out of the freezer and wondered the same thing. Yes, it's from Costco as well. Mine has 6 gms of fat but is only 110 calories for a whole one! I thought it would be delicious with some sautéed peppers and mushrooms. I know the fat is higher than 30 % but at 110 calories I didn't think I could go wrong....and sometimes you just need some variety. I'm going for it.

Again, you need to figure the nutritional stats for EIGHT OUNCES of the sausage.
110 calories for how much?
If you don't get 8 oz, you're not getting all of the protein you're supposed to have

Peggypip 01-29-2014 06:15 PM

Just completed my first month on IPD - had my weigh-in this morning and I've lost 14 lbs! Yippee!

nolasmurf 01-29-2014 07:16 PM

Hey all. Made it into work today. We are pretty short staffed due to folks not being able to get in due to Ice on the roads. That made for a bit of a crazy day. It also made for some grumpy gamblers. Selfish folks not understanding that we aren't used to /prepared for icy conditions and how dare we ruin their vacations keeping our families safe. (Sorry a bit of a rant there)

Anyway.Having one of those rare starving kind of days. I think its mainly mental, "that its cold outside let me stuff myself" thoughts. Also I've been taking it slow on the water. Its just so cold I cant stand to drink because it makes me colder. I'm powering through and not going to overindulge.

shrinkingsusie 01-29-2014 07:22 PM

Just made chicken breast stuffed with spinach and homemade salsa...another success!

While driving home from the grocery store I passed all kinds of fast food places and thought "hmm, I wish I could just grab a quick supper." And then it was like a lightbulb went off.. In the past I confused hunger with craving bad food, thinking that was what I wanted, when really the only reason I wanted it was because I was hungry. There have been other times as well, especially over Christmas with all the extra treats everywhere, where I thought I wanted something, then realized the only reason I thought I wanted it was because it was near lunch or dinner time and I was hungry. I really need to retrain my brain to recognize hunger as nothing but hunger rather than craving of bad food. Because as soon as I eat my OP meal, all cravings are gone.

IdealProteinNewbie 01-29-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peggypip (Post 4931558)
Just completed my first month on IPD - had my weigh-in this morning and I've lost 14 lbs! Yippee!

Great job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4931601)
Hey all. Made it into work today. We are pretty short staffed due to folks not being able to get in due to Ice on the roads. That made for a bit of a crazy day. It also made for some grumpy gamblers. Selfish folks not understanding that we aren't used to /prepared for icy conditions and how dare we ruin their vacations keeping our families safe. (Sorry a bit of a rant there)

Anyway.Having one of those rare starving kind of days. I think its mainly mental, "that its cold outside let me stuff myself" thoughts. Also I've been taking it slow on the water. Its just so cold I cant stand to drink because it makes me colder. I'm powering through and not going to overindulge.

Ugh, hang in there and stay safe! Can you get any herbal tea?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4931604)
Just made chicken breast stuffed with spinach and homemade salsa...another success!

While driving home from the grocery store I passed all kinds of fast food places and thought "hmm, I wish I could just grab a quick supper." And then it was like a lightbulb went off.. In the past I confused hunger with craving bad food, thinking that was what I wanted, when really the only reason I wanted it was because I was hungry. There have been other times as well, especially over Christmas with all the extra treats everywhere, where I thought I wanted something, then realized the only reason I thought I wanted it was because it was near lunch or dinner time and I was hungry. I really need to retrain my brain to recognize hunger as nothing but hunger rather than craving of bad food. Because as soon as I eat my OP meal, all cravings are gone.

Love light bulb moments! You're doing an amazing job!

sweetenuf 01-29-2014 07:34 PM

Hi everyone, I am new here. I would like to introduce myself. I am Theresa. I live in Katy, Tx. I am pleased to have found a group to go threw my journey with.
Today was my second week weigh in I am down 4.8lbs and my first week was -7.4lbs. I am very excited that this program is working for me.

shrinkingsusie 01-29-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetenuf (Post 4931608)
Hi everyone, I am new here. I would like to introduce myself. I am Theresa. I live in Katy, Tx. I am pleased to have found a group to go threw my journey with.
Today was my second week weigh in I am down 4.8lbs and my first week was -7.4lbs. I am very excited that this program is working for me.

Welcome, and congrats on some amazing losses so far! This really is a great group, make sure to check back several times a day for your daily dose of motivation and support!

sweetenuf 01-29-2014 07:48 PM

shrinkingsusie: Thank you! I have the forum up 24/7 now on my laptop so I won't forget y'all are here :)

trynagn 01-29-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetenuf (Post 4931608)

Welcome and great job!:carrot::carrot:

Slipfree 01-29-2014 07:51 PM

Welcome Sweetenuf! Great weigh ins. So happy IP is working for you :)

Susie- love that you are losing so many inches, makes it all worth it. You are also right on about craving unhealthy foods, usually it means I am too hungry or really tired.

Nolasmurf, what is wrong with people? Sorry that your day was filled with self absorbed idiots.

Peggypip- Congrats on your 14!

sweetenuf 01-29-2014 07:56 PM

So how long did everyone wait to start working out?

Bellamack 01-29-2014 08:24 PM

Hello all from upstate NY, BRRRRRRRRR...

Been very busy but wanted to check in, everyone is doing great.

sweetenuf: Exercise is not strongly recommended until you are well into Ketosis, usually about 3 weeks. YOu shouldn't do hard core cardio, just gentle walks and some light strength training. The calories are very low on this program. WELCOME :)