3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/29/2014

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #16
maintaining since 9/2013
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,181

S/C/G: 244/152/145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
No problem spacing your food out, my coach actually suggested it when I started as I still have some lingering effects of how much volume I can eat at one time (from my lap band surgery a few years ago).

It can be helpful to your metabolism to eat every 3-4 hours.

Carol
I ate every 3-4 hours on P1 (and still do) and weight loss was fine. I would like to eat less often for convenience but so far haven't figured out how to do it without uncomfortable hunger pangs and anxiety.

Last edited by mars735 : 01-29-2014 at 10:39 AM.
mars735 is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #17
Member
 
skinnybride2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 94

S/C/G: 164/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Default

Good Morning all -

Not feeling that well today. Stomach is feeling bleh so maybe TOM is on the way... also feeling super hungry today. Already burned through 3 packets. Will try and keep it together and stay OP!
__________________


Once I hit goal, i'm going on a cruise!
skinnybride2be is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 12:11 PM   #18
Started IP 9-4-2013
 
ems70508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 473

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default

Lisa, those bubbies are where it's at! If you find a good pickle recipe, do share!

Still locked up in my house due to frozen roads. don't know how you northerners do this so much! we'll have 75 degree sunny skies saturday though! Being inside all day yesterday makes you want to munch-so annoying! I drank so much hot tea!

Susie congrats on the shrinking! It's so exciting. I'm finally starting to notice the shrinking in my mid-section...it's blowing my mind!

Hope everyone stays safe, warm, and healthy day!
__________________
Final Goal:

ems70508 is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
ColoradoCarol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)
Posts: 417

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Lisa, those bubbies are where it's at! If you find a good pickle recipe, do share!

Still locked up in my house due to frozen roads. don't know how you northerners do this so much! we'll have 75 degree sunny skies saturday though! Being inside all day yesterday makes you want to munch-so annoying! I drank so much hot tea!

Susie congrats on the shrinking! It's so exciting. I'm finally starting to notice the shrinking in my mid-section...it's blowing my mind!

Hope everyone stays safe, warm, and healthy day!
Okay what are bubbies? I've seen them mentioned a couple of times.

Also, EMS, although I'm not a northerner (a westerner, LOL) but because we get snow, we have snow clearing equipment, de-icers, etc that they apply to the road, which makes it bearable. You all don't have that, so when you get snow/ice everything shuts down. That doesn't happen here as much.
__________________


Fun in the Sun Summer Challenge

5.8 lost, 19.2 to go
ColoradoCarol is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 12:48 PM   #20
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 138

S/C/G: 184.4/134/137

Height: 5'4

Default

good morning, really hungry in the morning the last couple of days and I don't know why! Nothing's changed - I had a blueberry cran shake at 7:30, cup of coffee and by 10 am I was ready to eat my desk. I had 2 cups of hot herbal tea and 16 ozs of water and finally had a cup of cucumber! It's been like that the last few days. I'm also craving sweets, I broke down and had an extra packet last night - chocolate pudding with WF fudge sauce - yep, that cured the craving!!

Cold here, I'm cold now anyway guess it's the weight loss lol.
__________________
ecdcslim is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #21
Restart 12/29/13
 
RN4Babies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 122

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
A big NSV for me, courtesy of my very favorite non communicative male, with whom I just celebrated our 24th. I posted about the outfit that my husband had given me 24 years ago that I was never able to wear. I told him about it on or anniversary and told him that I could fit into it now and that was his present.

When he come home yesterday, I had it on. Winter white pants and matching long jacket (thank goodness for the length 'cause I still have a fair amount of junk in the trunk). I paired it with a fitted cable knit top in winter white We are seated on the sofa watching news and Mr. Noncommuicative says "is that the same outfit? It looks good" and he continues to stare.

Not bad for an NSV along with the 2 dozen red roses (he has never brought flowers for our anniversary). When I showed amazement, and thanks, for the flowers and I asked why now, he said "because they come in dozens"....i.e. number 24.

Guys are funny....
Haha! Love that! Hope you enjoyed your special day!
__________________
RN4Babies is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #22
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,211

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Schenectady:
Glad to hear Man of Few Words said something!
Isn't it nice to get flowers?
I used to get them frequently from DH when he was a BF or Fiance. I need to remind him desire for such things doesn't stop after the ring is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Good morning all. Still very very cold here in New Orleans. It's about 28 degrees. Brrrr! They've reopened most of the major roadways but of course are telling folks to be cautious out there. I'm going to have to brave it and go back to work.
The worst part is the other bad drivers. I don't care WHERE you live...if people act like the roads are clear and dry, chaos will develop and someone will get hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Okay what are bubbies? I've seen them mentioned a couple of times.
Brand of pickles (also sauerkraut) available in refrigerated section of health food store. They are naturally fermented so no vinegar. MUCH better for the digestive system (natrual probiotics in the natural fermentation)
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 03:26 PM   #23
maintaining since 9/2013
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,181

S/C/G: 244/152/145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
good morning, really hungry in the morning the last couple of days and I don't know why! Nothing's changed - I had a blueberry cran shake at 7:30, cup of coffee and by 10 am I was ready to eat my desk. I had 2 cups of hot herbal tea and 16 ozs of water and finally had a cup of cucumber! It's been like that the last few days. I'm also craving sweets, I broke down and had an extra packet last night - chocolate pudding with WF fudge sauce - yep, that cured the craving!!

Cold here, I'm cold now anyway guess it's the weight loss lol.
If your ticker is up-to-date, it looks like you are at or near ideal weight. There are many with longer experience than I, who I hope will add their voices. I've been on IP1-4 for about a year total. From my experience with the sensations you describe, AND the fact that the packet cured your pangs, I'd say you might need more food, in a nutshell. It sounds like your body is searching for stored energy to burn and not finding much fat. For me, this typically preceded a big drop in either size or weight or both. And having a little extra didn't hurt as long as I didn't overdo it. Good for you!!!!

Last edited by mars735 : 01-29-2014 at 03:55 PM.
mars735 is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1

Default

Hello - I'm thinking about doing the Ideal Protein diet. I'm 5' 6", 140 lbs, looking to lose 10-15 lbs (fat - keep muscle) so I can resume working out, re-set my body and eat clean. I've been doing a clean eating diet since Jan. 6 with 4-5 workouts a week with a new trainer. I haven't lost weight or inches, in fact I feel bigger and always bloated/full. I eat only whole foods, no grains, no gluten, no artificial sweetners, little dairy (greek yogurt & half/half 1tsp in coffee), veggies, lean protein, and good fats (nuts, nut butters, avocado, coconut oil/olive oil).
I'm really stuck and not sure what to do. I've talke with the LP coaches, but wonder if a) it's unbearable to follow since you can't workout; b) does the weight truly stay off; c) is it safe?
Thanks.
norcal75 is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #25
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 138

S/C/G: 184.4/134/137

Height: 5'4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
If your ticker is up-to-date, it looks like you are at or near ideal weight. There are many with longer experience than I, who I hope will add their voices. I've been on IP1-4 for about a year total. From my experience with the sensations you describe, AND the fact that the packet cured your pangs, I'd say you might need more food, in a nutshell. It sounds like your body is searching for stored energy to burn and not finding much fat. For me, this typically preceded a big drop in either size or weight or both. And having a little extra didn't hurt as long as I didn't overdo it. Good for you!!!!
Mars, thanks so much. My husband was saying this morning that I was looking pretty thin, too thin, tho the scale hasn't shown a shift. My clothes have, tho, much looser so that may be the issue. I will start P3 on Sunday, and will try to power through the cravings until then to see if getting back on carbs help. Thanks again.
__________________
ecdcslim is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: above 6000'
Posts: 351

S/C/G: 124.2/117.8/120 %BF27.1/24.5/?

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal75 View Post
Hello - I'm thinking about doing the Ideal Protein diet. I'm 5' 6", 140 lbs, looking to lose 10-15 lbs (fat - keep muscle) so I can resume working out, re-set my body and eat clean. I've been doing a clean eating diet since Jan. 6 with 4-5 workouts a week with a new trainer. I haven't lost weight or inches, in fact I feel bigger and always bloated/full. I eat only whole foods, no grains, no gluten, no artificial sweetners, little dairy (greek yogurt & half/half 1tsp in coffee), veggies, lean protein, and good fats (nuts, nut butters, avocado, coconut oil/olive oil).
I'm really stuck and not sure what to do. I've talke with the LP coaches, but wonder if a) it's unbearable to follow since you can't workout; b) does the weight truly stay off; c) is it safe?
Thanks.
Hmmm....
Are you new to working out? Is your trainer doing body comps?
Are you taking any vitamins? How much water are you drinking?
Are you doing lots of cardio or a combo of weights and cardio or just weights?
There are some IP products without artificial sweeteners but if you are more "sweet" than "savory", you probably will want to use them, if you go IP.
You can do IP working out although you might want to back off/take off the first 3 to 5 days and you will want to either time meals or snacks or add an extra packet or hardboiled egg around your workouts. In 2012, I lost the last 10 or 15 pounds on phase 1 with 6 day/week workouts but I had been on the diet for 7 months. So to your questions--you can work out but not super intensely, the weight stays off if you follow Phase 4 and don't go back to old eating habits (and it is supposedly normal to gain 5 to 7 lbs over a year so you are supposed to reset each January), I feel it is safe but as with anything there are a few people that can't do it due to their unique makeup.
You can PM me but I think you might have to post 10 times to do that. I'm happy to answer on this thread.
__________________
194.4/120 started IP 11.2.11, P4 117.3-120.3, officially from Aug 2012 to Jan 2013
home scale: 114 to 126, 19% to 30%BF
2014 reset: Ja22: 124.2/27.1%; Ja29: 121/25.9%; Fe5: 119.6/25.3%; p2...Fe12: 117.5/24.5%; p3...Fe19: 116.8/24.1%; p4...117.8/24.5%
Goal #1: correct sucralose deficiency (minimize sugar cravings)
Goal #2: lower the bodyfat to reflect time spent at the gym
infoplease is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #27
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 138

S/C/G: 184.4/134/137

Height: 5'4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal75 View Post
Hello - I'm thinking about doing the Ideal Protein diet. I'm 5' 6", 140 lbs, looking to lose 10-15 lbs (fat - keep muscle) so I can resume working out, re-set my body and eat clean. I've been doing a clean eating diet since Jan. 6 with 4-5 workouts a week with a new trainer. I haven't lost weight or inches, in fact I feel bigger and always bloated/full. I eat only whole foods, no grains, no gluten, no artificial sweetners, little dairy (greek yogurt & half/half 1tsp in coffee), veggies, lean protein, and good fats (nuts, nut butters, avocado, coconut oil/olive oil).
I'm really stuck and not sure what to do. I've talke with the LP coaches, but wonder if a) it's unbearable to follow since you can't workout; b) does the weight truly stay off; c) is it safe?
Thanks.
Please avail yourself of all the literature about the protocol on the Stickies. IP works, it's got over 20 years of research and positive results behind it. You will lose fat, not muscle. As for working out, you can start back to weight training after the 3rd week - need to add a packet on the days you weight train. I started right back after my 3rd weigh-in, working out 2-3 times a week with a trainer. You can't do a lot of cardio - no intervals on the cross trainer for 40 mins, etc as you will just not have enough calories to support that.
__________________
ecdcslim is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #28
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 54

S/C/G: 234.6/178.2/170

Height: 5'9"

Default

I posted this in the what are you eating today thread and no replies so I thought maybe this would be the thread I should've asked this question:
I have a question about foods. I bought some chicken sausage last night from Costco and want to eat it tonight for dinner, but I'm a little nervous about it. It says less than 1g carbs, but now as I look at it I see 12g of fat. Is that overdoing it? It also says contains milk. Can I have something like that or is it a no no? Thanks!
Staceyhay is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #29
maintaining since 9/2013
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,181

S/C/G: 244/152/145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Mars, thanks so much. My husband was saying this morning that I was looking pretty thin, too thin, tho the scale hasn't shown a shift. My clothes have, tho, much looser so that may be the issue. I will start P3 on Sunday, and will try to power through the cravings until then to see if getting back on carbs help. Thanks again.
You're welcome! I hope you are excited as I am reading your post. Way to go!
mars735 is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #30
Started IP 1/18/12
 
Hockeymom40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 275

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
I posted this in the what are you eating today thread and no replies so I thought maybe this would be the thread I should've asked this question:
I have a question about foods. I bought some chicken sausage last night from Costco and want to eat it tonight for dinner, but I'm a little nervous about it. It says less than 1g carbs, but now as I look at it I see 12g of fat. Is that overdoing it? It also says contains milk. Can I have something like that or is it a no no? Thanks!
I just looked up 8oz of beef tenderloin sand that has 11 grams of fat. So I would say one serving of that is okay. It's probably not the best choice, may have a high sodium content. I wouldn't worry about the milk in it unless you have a dairy allergy. Remember leaner meats are what you want to go for.
__________________



Trish

Total 56 lbs loss, reached goal 10/2012, restarted 11/5/13 at 152, WK1 - 10, WK2 - 2, WK3 - 0, WK4 - 3, WK5 - 2, WK6 - 1, stopped at 134
Reboot 1/8/14 at 140, WK1 - 4, WK2 - 2, WK3 - 2, WK4,5,6,7, - 0, WK8 - 2, lost 2Lbs, lost 1 Lb
Hockeymom40 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2