Old 02-10-2014, 08:52 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
This about sums it up for me, too! I realized that I needed to change when I noticed that my 7 year old was developing my horrid eating behaviors. (She actually was putting a crouton on a saltine and starting to top it with ranch!)

Now both my girls are mimicking my healthy eating habits and they love it!!!

Even hubs is enjoying all of the creatively cooked meals that I have discovered thanks to these awesome posts and me feeling more confident in the kitchen!
What a great thing for your kids to see, and how wonderful that their habits are changing too. Positive all the way around!
TravelingChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
I really feel like the scale helps keep me sooo accountable. I was very diligent about weighing everyday/every other day and when I took a hiatus, I noticed I allowed myself to indulge more than I would have. damn thing anyways.
One of the best things I have seen that is helping me beyond the scale and my periodic weigh-ins is something another person posted on a different blog. For each pound that comes off, she visualizes a pound of butter, or more striking - an equal amount of chicken fat. And every time she laments the veggies or the IP packets, she imagines the energy they produce coursing through her blood to burn more fat. That has helped me to be as disciplined as I have been so far. Good luck!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbornostrich View Post
I started last week and am definitely a "newbie" on here. What's motivating you on your journey?
My motivation is the fact that I am so confident in other ways, but now don't want to be in photos or see myself in them. It made me realize I got myself here and it is up to me to get myself out. I still miss pizza, though!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 213.8/199.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingChick View Post
My motivation is the fact that I am so confident in other ways, but now don't want to be in photos or see myself in them. It made me realize I got myself here and it is up to me to get myself out. I still miss pizza, though!
Wish I had a like button!
Newbierm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #80  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey all, this is week two for my husband and I. We can't weigh ourselves since we decided to take a last minute trip to Hawaii. We are staying on plan though. We bought Rtd shakes and powder and brought our bars. We won't get home till Wednesday of next week so at that point we will have gone two weeks without weighing ourselves. I'm looking forward to next Wednesday. I admit it's hard to to be in paradise and not pick the fruit but we are doing it. I'm glad we are staying in a condo where we can make our own food. I hope all is well with everyone else. Aloha from the big island!
Johnsdeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 197/197/130

Height: 5'6

I am starting IP this weekend... can't wait to see the results. soooo excited
literacyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 270/260/160

Height: 5' 11"

I started IP 7 days ago. My weigh in was yesterday and I lost 7lb of fat, absolutely no lean body mass! I am doing ok but I am hungry a lot.
Mca9a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:39 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 295/277/175

Height: 5' 3"

Smile

I myself start on Monday... I'm equal parts excited and nervous but so so ready to get healthy. So far I've read so many inspiring stories and comments I'm just glad I found support!
CaribbeanQueen35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:22 AM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mca9a View Post
I started IP 7 days ago. My weigh in was yesterday and I lost 7lb of fat, absolutely no lean body mass! I am doing ok but I am hungry a lot.
Add salads to lunch & dinner, that helps with hunger because it adds bulk.
Also, I had to learn the difference between true hunger and "wanting to eat". We're so conditioned to eating whenever we want.

We've been LIED TO! We've been lied to about eating lots of carbs and cutting fats. Fat doesn't make us fat, carbs do! We've been lied to about grazing all day. It makes us fat too.

So we have to relearn new behaviors, which are really the behaviors we should have had all along. And we have to relearn how to look at food.

Congrats on your WI. Know those bioimpedence scales are highly inaccurate at measuring fat, lean mass, etc. For example, everything except fat is lean mass (bone, connective tissue, internal organs, blood, muscle, skin, etc). So the scale showed its first inaccuracy. It is IMPOSSIBLE to lose fat without water. And since water is part of lean mass...the scale is inaccurate. CWIM?

This is in NO WAY to diminish carrying around 7 fewer lbs. That is FANTASIC!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote