Old 02-04-2014, 10:10 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
I've got to admit, day two really sucked for me last week. I had a migraine that I couldn't get rid of, I even sipped fat free chicken broth. Day 3 I noticed a difference, I felt better and wasn't as hungry. I could tell my body was going into Ketosis. The hunger is gone...thank you baby Jesus!

Tomorrow is a week of being on IP, so far so good. I have to be honest, it is weird not being able to eat what I want. It's a matter of training yourself and getting in the habit ultimately.

Weigh in is tomorrow morning....I'm looking forward to the weightloss and what the scale as to say about this week.

Congrats on the weightlosses so far everyone!!
Good luck!
TravelingChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 140/134/117

Height: 5'1"

Default Started 2/5

I just started today. Tried Atkins but the weight loss was not consistent. Looking forward to seeing results!
IPgirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #48  

Hey all. Started yesterday. Have been maintaining over a year with a week or two here and there for shaving off the unwanted lbs. Anyways, since October things have been hectic for me on a number of different levels and while I didn't go on a binge, I was not on the scale and monitoring like I need to maintain. If I had to guess, I would say I have packed on 10lbs. Anyways, haven't been on the scale (don't need to b/c my clothes are telling me I have gained) and just plan on trekking along for at least a week before jumping on the darn thing. If its one thing I have learned about myself, its that the scale can really impact my mood, motivation, and ultimately my stress as I can become obsessive. Stress is not good for losing! Better just to practice getting back in the swing of things and seeing what happens in a week or two. Here's to staying OP!

Glad to see everyone on here...these threads were a huge lifesaver for me mentally and emotionally when doing IP the first round and have continued to be when I jump back on for a period of time.

Happy Wednesday all.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #49  
Restarted IP: 2/2/2014

S/C/G: 235/235/170

Height: 5' 5"

Default Started 2/2/2014

I just joined this group and wanted to introduce myself. This is my second time following this program. I did IP 3 years ago and had success (35 lb). I since then have had another baby and gained a lot of weight during that pregnancy. I also feel my eating habits have just gotten out of control and I need some structure.

I started 2/2 (Sunday) and so far things are going good. I am trying to do this on my own and not using any of the IP products, because it is just to expensive. I have found great alternatives to use (thanks to everyone here)!

I am currently following the Alternative Plan to Phase 1 (this is also the one I followed 3 years ago) because I am still nursing. On the alternative plan you don't get into ketosis.

I am really hoping I can make this work on my own and loose this weight!
Redheadsquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 236.4 /217.4 / 153

Height: 5' 7.5"

I started last week and am definitely a "newbie" on here. What's motivating you on your journey?
stubbornostrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #51  
Restarted IP: 2/2/2014

S/C/G: 235/235/170

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbornostrich View Post
I started last week and am definitely a "newbie" on here. What's motivating you on your journey?
I have this dress that I LOVE, but haven't been able to wear now since gaining the weight. I have it hanging in my closet where I can see it every time I go in and that is motivating me to stay on track!
Redheadsquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffychick MSU View Post
Feb 1st is my first day on IP and lifestyle change to a healthier me. I look forward to reading post and inspirational success stories. I have a lifetime of obesity to beat and will appreciate all your help.
I too have been heavy most of my life. It isn't that I dislike healthy food, it's just so much easier to eat the crap. So maybe I am essentially more lazy than heavy"

How have you're first couple of days been going?
Old 02-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPgirl70 View Post
I just started today. Tried Atkins but the weight loss was not consistent. Looking forward to seeing results!
Although I am only a week ahead of you I found day 2 and 3 the hardest because I was sooo hungry. Make sure you get the water in and don't be afraid to have that extra shake if you get hungry. 1 extra protein shake has got to be a better choice than any bad food lingering in your cabinets.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

After reading forums and numerous blogs, I finally signed up today. I am very excited to be starting tomorrow!!!
kontesanera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadsquirt View Post
I just joined this group and wanted to introduce myself. This is my second time following this program. I did IP 3 years ago and had success (35 lb). I since then have had another baby and gained a lot of weight during that pregnancy. I also feel my eating habits have just gotten out of control and I need some structure.

I started 2/2 (Sunday) and so far things are going good. I am trying to do this on my own and not using any of the IP products, because it is just to expensive. I have found great alternatives to use (thanks to everyone here)!

I am currently following the Alternative Plan to Phase 1 (this is also the one I followed 3 years ago) because I am still nursing. On the alternative plan you don't get into ketosis.

I am really hoping I can make this work on my own and loose this weight!
confused about this...do you not go into ketosis on the alternative plan? Can someone enlighten me. I am doing IP now with a mix of protithin and IP products.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #56  

S/C/G: SW:172/ CW:167/ GW: 130

Height: 5'2

I stared IP on Jan. 20th. Down 5.6 lbs since then. This week was only .6 loss. Feeling a bit discouraged. Thought I would see a bigger loss than this.
luz18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #57  

S/C/G: SW:172/ CW:167/ GW: 130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaViv View Post
Hi! I started on Jan 28th and tomorrow is my first weigh in. I have stayed on program but my meals have been very repetitive and hope that going forward I can use some of the creative menu suggestions. Love the team like encouragement of the contributors and I look forward to celebrating all of our success.
Mamaviv-

How did it go? We sort of have the same numbers in weight and height. Wondering how your WI went?! =)
luz18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:33 PM   #58  

Which snacks are your favorite, I wasn't a fan of the dill pickle zippers. I find most of them too sweet, however I'm going to end up only drinking the shakes!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbornostrich View Post
Although I am only a week ahead of you I found day 2 and 3 the hardest because I was sooo hungry. Make sure you get the water in and don't be afraid to have that extra shake if you get hungry. 1 extra protein shake has got to be a better choice than any bad food lingering in your cabinets.
Thanks stubbornostrich, I literally switched from Atkins to IP so I was already in ketosis and suffered through those crappy first 3 days. I'm hoping to have more consistent weight loss/fat loss with IP. I like that my clinic has a BCA so you can make sure you are fat and maintaining muscle.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 201/169/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
confused about this...do you not go into ketosis on the alternative plan? Can someone enlighten me. I am doing IP now with a mix of protithin and IP products.
EandC, from what I've read, there is an Alternative IP plan that some with special dietary needs (diabetics?) follow throughout their clinics/coaches. Then there are those that use alternative products to follow the IP protocol. I don't know anything about the Alternative plan, but many on this forum have seen great success (& achieve ketosis) using alternative products.

Hope this helps! I'm sure someone with more experience than me can add additional details.
MareDog37 is offline   Reply With Quote