3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Anyone else starting IP this week? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/292187-anyone-else-starting-ip-week.html)

jgules 01-29-2014 12:20 PM

Thank you for the quick replies! This is great. Really excited for everyone and I couldn't agree more with @Johnsdeere! I have just a bit to lost (15ish) but i'm trying to do it before my wedding in May. It's a little added pressure but I know it's worth it! Nice that your husband is taking the challenge too! I think that may be the hardest part-- my fiance doesn't have an ounce to lose, lucky guy :)

Johnsdeere 01-29-2014 12:30 PM

Very exciting jgules, nothing like a wedding to motivate. :)
Good on you for the 15lb goal...if the majority of us would have stopped at 15lbs overweight and did a temperature check and reevaluated our bodies and eatting habits the majority of us wouldn't be needing to lose 50+. That isn't a slam for either camp just a attempt at a different mind set for myself and maybe others.

locks 01-29-2014 12:39 PM

I am starting tomorrow, I am using mixed Ip with alternitive to keep the cost down. I did this two years ago, worked very well till i was in phase two. My coach had to leave her clinic pretty much because of her child was in the hospital so i tried to do phase three and four alone without alot of info....well I am back now to do it again for the last time.

I did try WW, but ouff, after 3 days forget all the calculations, I find it alot easier tu calculate my 4 cups of veggies and easier.

Don't be scared, there are so many great people here on the fourm with ton of info to help. The best is that any time of the day or night the ladies and men here are always supportive. If you make a mistake, big deal move on and learn, we can not change what we have done, but we can sure make a heck of a good future for this summer!!!

PerishTheWeight 01-29-2014 12:42 PM

Week 1, Day 7 for me. "No balsamic vinegar until maintenance but lemon juice is ok. I wouldn't go crazy with it, moderation is key!"
Acck!! I HOPE that doesn't include the Waldon Farms vinaigrette - cuz that's pretty much what I put on all my salads (only 1 oz. or less, tho)!

I've been really trying hard to follow this exactly, but my coach had to go out of town the day after I started so I haven't had anyone to really give me input on things. Does anyone know if we can eat REGULAR mustard? My info. sheet says "HOT" mustard - which I don't care for. I made a pork loin roast last night and rubbed it with regular mustard and spices (garlic powder, paprika, thyme, IP salt, cracked pepper, a little cayenne pepper). It was delicious - but I'm hoping I didn't screw things up! I did end up with some heartburn last night - might be because I paired it with sauerkraut (?). Also made roasted cauliflower (cauliflower "popcorn") and turnip "fries" to go along with it. Didn't eat it all, tho, as I noticed the burnt edges and remembered the coach had mentioned something about carmelization being bad for us. Anyone know anything about that? Also - what's this about emails with recipes that I keep seeing people mention? I haven't gotten anything like that? Do they come automatically or is the coach supposed to send them out?

So far I've l lost 5.3 lbs. in the first 3 days. Then stayed stable for the next 3. This morning I weighed .5 MORE! I am hungry a lot. I typically eat a shake w/1.5 c. spinach for breakfast (today had the cereal puffs - seriously?? I had about 3 bites and it was gone! Although I will admit that adding the leftover "milk" to my coffee definitely helped me not miss my former daily 1/2 & 1/2 so much!), soup with sauteed veggies mixed in for lunch (that is, until I ran out of the soups - I like the mushroom & chicken ones best so far) and sometimes a veggie salad with it, a restricted item for snack in the late afternoon (was having it after dinner, but wanted to switch it up to see if that would make a difference), and a dinner such as grilled chicken, ahi steaks or sirloin strip on the George Forman grill with a side salad - (served w/ WF balsamic vinaigrette). I'm drinking all my water and then some. I did have about 6 oz. of carbonated H20 from my soda stream with a bit of sweetleaf vanilla stevia drops in it last night.. Didn't even drink the whole thing. So I don't *think* I'm screwing up too bad. Let's hope things start kicking back into gear for me soon!

PerishTheWeight 01-29-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsdeere (Post 4931297)
Very exciting jgules, nothing like a wedding to motivate. :)
Good on you for the 15lb goal...if the majority of us would have stopped at 15lbs overweight and did a temperature check and reevaluated our bodies and eatting habits the majority of us wouldn't be needing to lose 50+. .

Forgot to add that what you wrote, "Johnsdeere", definitely rings true for me. I tend to get into that "ostrich head in the sand" mentality when unpleasant things come up. Forcing myself to get on the scale when I KNOW I've been negligent and will only be up in weight just starts not happening at a certain point. If I MADE myself do it, regardless, then I would be less in denial (although HOW denial can still happen when I keep going up in clothing sizes is beyond me!) and more conscious of the slippery slope I was starting to traverse! In fact, the accountability factor of having a coach and weekly-weigh ins is one reason I decided to do IP instead of another diet. Hopefully that will hold true when I hit the maintenance phase. It's a lot harder to ignore an honest "outsider" than yourself - or loved ones who keep telling you you're "fine just the way you are" (even though I do appreciate that unconditional love!).

IdealProteinNewbie 01-29-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerishTheWeight (Post 4931309)
Week 1, Day 7 for me. "No balsamic vinegar until maintenance but lemon juice is ok. I wouldn't go crazy with it, moderation is key!"
Acck!! I HOPE that doesn't include the Waldon Farms vinaigrette - cuz that's pretty much what I put on all my salads (only 1 oz. or less, tho)!

I've been really trying hard to follow this exactly, but my coach had to go out of town the day after I started so I haven't had anyone to really give me input on things. Does anyone know if we can eat REGULAR mustard? My info. sheet says "HOT" mustard - which I don't care for. I made a pork loin roast last night and rubbed it with regular mustard and spices (garlic powder, paprika, thyme, IP salt, cracked pepper, a little cayenne pepper). It was delicious - but I'm hoping I didn't screw things up! I did end up with some heartburn last night - might be because I paired it with sauerkraut (?). Also made roasted cauliflower (cauliflower "popcorn") and turnip "fries" to go along with it. Didn't eat it all, tho, as I noticed the burnt edges and remembered the coach had mentioned something about carmelization being bad for us. Anyone know anything about that? Also - what's this about emails with recipes that I keep seeing people mention? I haven't gotten anything like that? Do they come automatically or is the coach supposed to send them out?

So far I've l lost 5.3 lbs. in the first 3 days. Then stayed stable for the next 3. This morning I weighed .5 MORE! I am hungry a lot. I typically eat a shake w/1.5 c. spinach for breakfast (today had the cereal puffs - seriously?? I had about 3 bites and it was gone!), soup with sauteed veggies mixed in for lunch (that is, until I ran out of the soups - I like the mushroom & chicken ones best so far) and sometimes a veggie salad with it, a restricted item for snack in the late afternoon (was having it after dinner, but wanted to switch it up to see if that would make a difference), and a dinner such as grilled chicken, ahi steaks or sirloin strip on the George Forman grill with a side salad - (served w/ WF balsamic vinaigrette). I'm drinking all my water and then some. I did have about 6 oz. of carbonated H20 from my soda stream with a bit of sweetleaf vanilla stevia drops in it last night.. Didn't even drink the whole thing. So I don't *think* I'm screwing up too bad. Let's hope things start kicking back into gear for me soon!

The 0/0/0 Walden Farms products are fine to use. Mustard is fine as long as it doesn't have sugar. Onions need to be eaten raw but crispy cauliflower is fine (amazingly delicious, in fact)

Your coach should input your email address to receive the videos.

Sounds like you're doing well so far. I just caution against weighing yourself everyday but if you can handle the fluctuations of natural bodily functions it's up to you!

Johnsdeere 01-30-2014 02:03 PM

How's everyone doing today? Yesterday evening prior to eatting dinner my hubby and I were starving. I'm proud to say I drank all 64 ounces of water....which is crazy in my world. I've never been a big drinker of any kind of fluid. I wouldn't let myself go to bed without drinking it all. :)

Monday night I weighted and baked 6lbs of chicken for the two of us to make cooking and prep easier for us. One 13x9 pan of plain and the other with italian seasoning. Last night I reheated the chicken and steamed some broccoli and zuchini and tossed with olive oil for each of us to get our oil intake for the day. I can't remember when I have enjoyed a meal so much....from hunger and because we both slowed down and savored it. mmmm.....

I just placed a order on amazon.com for some shakes and bars and nashua nutrition for bars, snacks, etc. By the by...I'm following a alternative plan. Anyone else following a alternative plan?

Check in and post how you are doing...I think it is a good habit AND I think we all could use the support.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Susanmly 01-30-2014 03:13 PM

Started on Monday 1/27. This is actually my second time doing IP, back in 2011 I was on it for 6 weeks and lost almost 35 lbs. Started it again to lose about 15 that I've put back on over the last 2 years. IP works soooo well!!!

DanafromAustin 01-30-2014 06:44 PM

I re-started on Monday 1/27 and while this week has been hard because I have been starving, I'm also getting through it. As you can tell from my first weight tracker I lost a lot of weight here, but never finished. Over the last 1 1/2 years the weight slowly game back on so here I am once again to get back to where I was and finish this once and for all.

bikrchk 01-31-2014 07:36 AM

Feb 3 will be day 1 for me! :)

slwilso 01-31-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerishTheWeight (Post 4930793)
Started last Thursday so I'm on day 6 now. First 3 days lost 5.3 lbs. Haven't lost anything significant since (I weigh daily on the Wii Fit). Am sticking with it religiously, but getting harder as I'm starting to run out of the IP food packets that I like best. I still get hungry a couple hours after I've eaten, and "unlimited lettuce" just doesn't seem to do the trick ;-) But I'm sure that things will improve as I get used to things and my body adjusts more. Looking forward to traveling this road with you guys!

Greetings! Congratulations on choosing this wonderful way of life. I am about at the end of week 3. My coach Judy is wonderful. Her way of looking at hunger is to embrace it. Because when you are hungry, you are burning fat. So whenever I do get hungry and I do, I drink water and think of what my coach said.

emceeahura 01-31-2014 01:31 PM

Hi all, this is day 5 for me. I'm interested in connecting with someone to have an IP accountability buddy where we can email/text directly and help keep each other on track. We could be of great support to helping each other reach our goals!

I started IP back in 2011 and lost 52 pounds over an 8 month period. Since then, I've gained all the weight back probably because I did not fully phase out of the program. I am back and ready to start again and this time truly keep the weight off!

Looking forward to connecting with you all and keeping each other on track!

kontesanera 01-31-2014 03:40 PM

I am excited as I made an appointment today for the initial consultation the upcoming Thursday! Can't wait! I have seen a few people lose and maintain on Ideal Protein for some time and really want this to be successful. I will be checking in often.

Mandy078 01-31-2014 06:48 PM

Week one under my hat now. Weighed in last night and lost 7 lbs and 11.5 inches!!!!

Ruth Ann 01-31-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy078 (Post 4933266)
Week one under my hat now. Weighed in last night and lost 7 lbs and 11.5 inches!!!!

Outstanding Mandy! Congrats on the loss!