Old 01-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #1  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Default IP and trying to conceive

My OB has given us the green light to try to conceive again next month! I was wondering if you changed your protocol at all while trying or during the infamous "two week wait." I am not at my goal. I asked my OB, and he said he wasn't concerned about my weight right now and suggested I try to just eat a "balanced diet" instead. I was larger during my first pregnancy and was miserable. I really feel like IP will get me to where I need to be and don't want to listen!

A little background...I did IP after the birth of my daughter in 2011. I came within 1 pound of my goal and maintained (my body just wouldn't give me that 1 stinkin pound) until I got pregnant in 2013. Sadly, my son was born sleeping in November. I'm in a funny place now of wanting to lose baby weight, but desperately wanting to be pregnant again. I want it all...healthy and happy! What do you think or what did you do? I would appreciate your input.
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I just saw your post while looking for another topic - sorry nobody has responded!

I am not an OB-GYN, but as a woman, here is my opinion:

Try eating just healthy - low carb, high protein - no packets. Your body needs nutrition in a unique way during this time. I would focus on your body as a pregnant woman and not a woman wanting to lose weight - does that make sense?

Wishing you the best!
zephyr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote