Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

Well I had my first weigh in last night and I am 4 pounds down. That is the most I have ever lost in one week. Very excited and motivated to continue. The only problem with last night was that I seem to have gained in inches in places. It seemed weird, but I guess next week it should be better, right. Thanks for all the encouragement through your posts that I read.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

Oh, and I made the butterscotch pudding into a waffle last night. Man oh man was it good. (Day 7 for me) My kids even commented on how they wanted waffles for dinner. I love all the recipes that go with the packets.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
Well I had my first weigh in last night and I am 4 pounds down. That is the most I have ever lost in one week. Very excited and motivated to continue. The only problem with last night was that I seem to have gained in inches in places. It seemed weird, but I guess next week it should be better, right. Thanks for all the encouragement through your posts that I read.
This probably because they measured you slightly different this week. There is a lot of human error involved in the measuring so take it with a grain of salt.

To the poster above who got in trouble for not losing 3-4 a week. That is crazy and there should be a way to report them to IP or something. I have lost 32 pounds in 13 weeks, so not heating that mark at all, and my clinic is very happy with my rate of loss.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #19  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Hi all - feeling discouraged and a bit angry this morning. Had my WI with my coach last night, and hit 50 pounds down. Great, right? Well, she didn't think so and has threatened to "fire" me from her program - I'm on strike one. Apparently I am not losing fast enough. They only want complete success stories and don't want people on the program who don't fall in to the 3-4 pounds lost each week associated with their clinic. I was shocked.

I will admit that no - my head has not been in the game as much as it should since Christmas but I have continued to lose each and every week, and I'm certainly not going on any binges - my crimes have been not drinking enough water, not weighing my dinner meat (so likely having too much) and erring on the side of chocolate packets twice a day instead of the non-creamy options. But she didn't go into any of that. No questions or discussions as to why my losses have slowed, just an immediate assumption that I've gone off the rails and been cheating.

The whole thing left a really bad taste in my mouth (pardon the pun). Not about the program (due to my involvement here with all of you) but certainly about this clinic. I'm still just a bit stunned and not sure what my next steps should be. I'm afraid to leave them all together because the structure is what's been successful for me - but I think I'll go off on this woman if I have to keep seeing her. Sigh. Talk me down, ladies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Wow, absolutely ridiculous! I am so angry! Completely unprofessional and demeaning.

Can you speak to the owner or another coach and explain how you feel?
Ditto what IPN said! That is outrageous. I would be looking for another clinic.

You are doing great, there is no need for the coach to say anything negative about your losses.

PS - Now drink your water!
Old 01-28-2014, 12:30 PM   #20  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi all - feeling discouraged and a bit angry this morning. Had my WI with my coach last night, and hit 50 pounds down. Great, right? Well, she didn't think so and has threatened to "fire" me from her program - I'm on strike one. Apparently I am not losing fast enough. They only want complete success stories and don't want people on the program who don't fall in to the 3-4 pounds lost each week associated with their clinic. I was shocked.

I will admit that no - my head has not been in the game as much as it should since Christmas but I have continued to lose each and every week, and I'm certainly not going on any binges - my crimes have been not drinking enough water, not weighing my dinner meat (so likely having too much) and erring on the side of chocolate packets twice a day instead of the non-creamy options. But she didn't go into any of that. No questions or discussions as to why my losses have slowed, just an immediate assumption that I've gone off the rails and been cheating.

The whole thing left a really bad taste in my mouth (pardon the pun). Not about the program (due to my involvement here with all of you) but certainly about this clinic. I'm still just a bit stunned and not sure what my next steps should be. I'm afraid to leave them all together because the structure is what's been successful for me - but I think I'll go off on this woman if I have to keep seeing her. Sigh. Talk me down, ladies.
50 lbs in 20 weeks is amazing! Don't let an idiot coach keep you from celebrating that!
Old 01-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #21  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
Oh, and I made the butterscotch pudding into a waffle last night. Man oh man was it good. (Day 7 for me) My kids even commented on how they wanted waffles for dinner. I love all the recipes that go with the packets.

I make them with the banana pudding all the time, but I haven't tried the other flavors yet. My regular breakfast is either banana waffles or crispy cereal pancakes. LOVE having a hot breakfast...definitely not what I did before IP.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #22  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Good Morning Ip'ers

This evening I am heading over to my friends house to explain the program to her. She watched me on my first round and was wondering how I was accomplishing so much. That will be a great NSV if she starts and successful.

Went grocery shopping yesterday and this mornings shake was quite tasty and just like I remember from my first round. Yay for Madagascar Vanilla sugar free coffee syrup. Also treated myself to a little cherry fizzy water yesterday. * have a soda stream* Not too shabby I say. Can't wait for TOM to go away then I wouldn't feel so bloaty.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #23  

Quote:

Oh Sweetie
This is so unprofessional and evidence of a huge lack of training on their part!
First: IP changed the avg. weight loss weekly over a YEAR AGO!!!! It is no longer 3-5 lbs.

You are doing GREAT and don't let anyone make you feel otherwise.
It takes a LOT to lose 50#

You can certainly have chocolate packets twice daily, if you want. I don't know why you feel differently about that. Sure, there are a few packets that are lower carb/cal but the whole plan is low carb/cal/fat so you're fine! The only reason to tweak anything would be if you had stopped losing and that hasn't happened!

Drink your water, weigh your meat and CELEBRATE your 50 lb loss!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #24  
172pds now

S/C/G: 170 PDS. 180/170/130

Height: 5 foot and 3 inches

Default Waist Trimmer

I got a Neoprene belt to take out inches around my waist.

Has anyone used one and lost inches? oe weight. ???????????????????????

hugs, caren
Old 01-28-2014, 02:15 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi GettinHealthyNow: Talk to the owner, without the old coach being there and get yourself a new coach. Once you do that, speak to the old coach with dignity and tell her that you feel she is not a good fit for you as a coach so you have gotten another one. Do not bring yourself down to her level, just speak calmly without blame or namecalling. If things get really desperate and you want to leave the clinic, enlist the help of a friend as coach. Give her the information on the 4 phases (google online) and work it by checking in with her weekly. A quality scale that measures body fat percentage and hydration and bone mass according to your age and workout levels cost me under $70.00
But first take a deep breath, count to ten, and say out loud to yourself "I am in control." You can emphasize whichever words you need to for the psych, good luck with this!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi GettinHealthyNow: Talk to the owner, without the old coach being there and get yourself a new coach. Once you do that, speak to the old coach with dignity and tell her that you feel she is not a good fit for you as a coach so you have gotten another one. Do not bring yourself down to her level, just speak calmly without blame or namecalling. If things get really desperate and you want to leave the clinic, enlist the help of a friend as coach. Give her the information on the 4 phases (google online) and work it by checking in with her weekly. A quality scale that measures body fat percentage and hydration and bone mass according to your age and workout levels cost me under $70.00
But first take a deep breath, count to ten, and say out loud to yourself "I am in control." You can emphasize whichever words you need to for the psych, good luck with this!
AMEN!! Excellent advice...The same thing I would have said..but I've been on a long conf call all afternoon! The owner needs to know about this....
Old 01-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Chicken View Post
Nashua Nutrition has free shipping with a $49 order today. Get out your lists!!!
I've never ordered this. What are some of your favorites and how do you use it? Thanks.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #28  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Thank you everyone for all your responses and validating that I am not wrong to be upset about this.

I did say to her last night that I was taken aback by her attitude and didn't understand why my weekly losses should be taken as a "strike". She is away on vacation next week and suggested that I just take the week with no WI as a time to "reflect on my goals". I said no - I wanted to WI with one of the other coaches (there are three of them) so she said fine I could meet with one of the others who perhaps could "discuss my situation further". I then got quite ticked and said "Frankly, I don't see that I have a situation here at all - and I'm getting angry so had better leave now". And we left it at that.

So I've got my next WI on Saturday with another coach (5 days between WI instead of my usual 7). Will see how that goes.

Thanks everyone - as usual you are all so helpful.

Last edited by GettinHealthyNow; 01-28-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:36 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I am joining Plant Fitness Friday!!! I stopped in and took a tour this AM and this will be an excellent fit for me and DH. I need this to keep my wits about me. I can swing $19 a month to do something for ME!
Old 01-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Thank you everyone for all your responses and validating that I am not wrong to be upset about this.

I did say to her last night that I was taken aback by her attitude and didn't understand why my weekly losses should be taken as a "strike". She is away on vacation next week and suggested that I just take the week with no WI as a time to "reflect on my goals". I said no - I wanted to WI with one of the other coaches (there are three of them) so she said fine I could meet with one of the others who perhaps could "discuss my situation further". I then got quite ticked and said "Frankly, I don't see that I have a situation here at all - and I'm getting angry so had better leave now". And we left it at that.

So I've got my next WI on Saturday with another coach (5 days between WI instead of my usual 7). Will see how that goes.

Thanks everyone - as usual you are all so helpful.
Wow, she needs to take some time and reflect why she's a coach. I'm sorry, I am still mad about this.

If it was me I would speak to the owner...you don't deserve that kind of treatment.
Closed Thread