3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
drd1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 543

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Not sure about sizes changing from years ago but I find it so frustrating how sizes vary so much from brand to brand!

A size 14 in certain companies are too big and others I can't even fit a thigh in
Yep, I usually bring more than one size to the fitting room because you just do not know.
__________________
drd1961 is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
drd1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 543

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Default

My wedding dress in 1982 was a size 12 and had to be altered because I fell to 135 during that time. It still would not be a 10. I had not started lifting weights yet. When I did start lifting weights, because my body responds quickly and gets very muscley(is that a word, nope), I dropped a full dress size without losing weight. That was in the fall of 82 that I started lifting weights and I have not stopped. Love what weight lifting does for me.
__________________
drd1961 is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 06:12 PM   #63
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
same here! Our parish president just issued a state of emergency and the stores/traffic are crazy!! It's like hurricane prep but with much shorter notice. They called off school for tomorrow and Wednesday. Sadly, I need to make a stop at Rouses for a few things. Wish I didn't. I made a venison chili last week but added a bunch of bell peppers and celery. It was AWESOME. I also made cauli-rice and put my chili on top!
Love the cauli rice with chili! I swear if I could Id eat it everyday!
__________________
nolasmurf is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,333

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default South and the weather tonight...

You southern ladies..(and gents)..
Warm wishes......sounds like you are getting an incredible winter storm....epic proportions...with a lot of ice. So stay and be safe.
65X65 is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,333

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Were they a lot cheaper? If it's not a huge difference, than I might just get them at IP still. But it'll save me a good amount, it could be worth checking out some other options.
No..I did not find them much cheaper...but I did get the exact same ones a tad cheaper on Amazon ...free shipping .... with a prime membership. I only got them from my coach the first time...matter of principle with me I was not going to buy VITAMINS from them that I could get on my own!!
65X65 is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 917

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
No..I did not find them much cheaper...but I did get the exact same ones a tad cheaper on Amazon ...free shipping .... with a prime membership. I only got them from my coach the first time...matter of principle with me I was not going to buy VITAMINS from them that I could get on my own!!
The only difference between the ones from IP places and the ones from amazon is the fancy label that says IDEAL PROTEIN and that is all. I buy mine at CVS. I Need more Fish oil ones and potassium
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:18 PM   #67
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mpls, MN
Posts: 16

S/C/G: 201/169/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssubert View Post
On my home scale, I am down 18 pounds ( from Dec 17).
I'll weigh in with my coach this afternoon. Crossing fingers, feels like I am down about 3 pounds this week.

Am I the only one that wears the exact same clothes to each weigh-in??
I TOTALLY do that! My WI is on Saturdays and my DD calls it my Saturday Outfit now.
MareDog37 is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:26 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 917

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default I really Need a coach :(

I do not have a coach at a center. I have opted to do this sans paying a coach. I now realize that I need a coach or someone other than ME to answer too when I have a 90% week

I should have lost almost double what I have if I would have been 100% but it is hard sooooo sooooo soo hard

Would anyone like to be my coach. my WI is every Friday, I just need that extra kick in the pants to get myself motivated and keep on track. This winter has been rough! I love being outside but when temps drop to -20 or colder for days on end forget getting fresh air and some sun light!

Anyone want to help a struggling SAHM with this ?
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #69
My own kind of beautiful
 
Deana509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 259

S/C/G: 334/See Ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default

Sarahbell - I paid for a coach (its a virtual type version) and she is suppose to call me weekly to check in, and I have been doing this for 19 weeks, and I have heard from here MAYBE 10 times at the very most... So I understand the frustration of not having a reliable (or a nonexistent) coach... I am not advanced enough to "coach" you persay, but I could message you every WI, and we can talk about how we did if you'd like
__________________


My blog

short term goal:


IP Starting date: September 13th, '13
SW: 334, Now: Officially over 100lbs lost!
Deana509 is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #70
Restart 12/29/13
 
RN4Babies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 122

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Hooray Monday with two celebrations coursing through me joyously:

Made half my goal today, lost 55 with 55 to go but I actually started my quest 81 pounds ago at my highest, and second, today is my 24th wedding anniversary. For my husband's present, I put on a beautiful workout suit he gave me 23 years ago, the first year we were married and I was never able to fit into it. I saved it all those years, determined that somehow, someday, I would wear it again.

Being that I am not a saver, and neither is he, he was incredibly touched that I had saved that all those years, through three kids, moves, house cleanings, whatever.

Moral to the story: NEVER GIVE UP, it is NEVER too late, you can NEVER try too many times, the war is NEVER over!
Holy Smokes! Many, many congrats to you! What a powerful story! Enjoy your anniversary! I'm so glad you shared!
__________________
RN4Babies is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 917

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Sarahbell - I paid for a coach (its a virtual type version) and she is suppose to call me weekly to check in, and I have been doing this for 19 weeks, and I have heard from here MAYBE 10 times at the very most... So I understand the frustration of not having a reliable (or a nonexistent) coach... I am not advanced enough to "coach" you persay, but I could message you every WI, and we can talk about how we did if you'd like
Deana I would be honored for that!!! We started the same day and you are just look fabulous! PLease PM me every Friday and share your tips!
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,333

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
The only difference between the ones from IP places and the ones from amazon is the fancy label that says IDEAL PROTEIN and that is all. I buy mine at CVS. I Need more Fish oil ones and potassium
Mine were not IP..they were from Douglas labs...exact same ones on amazon are available
65X65 is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 906

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I do not have a coach at a center. I have opted to do this sans paying a coach. I now realize that I need a coach or someone other than ME to answer too when I have a 90% week

I should have lost almost double what I have if I would have been 100% but it is hard sooooo sooooo soo hard

Would anyone like to be my coach. my WI is every Friday, I just need that extra kick in the pants to get myself motivated and keep on track. This winter has been rough! I love being outside but when temps drop to -20 or colder for days on end forget getting fresh air and some sun light!

Anyone want to help a struggling SAHM with this ?
sarahbell - I am far from a veteran and have struggled myself so I am not a good candidate to help you, but a few points.

Do NOT tell yourself that you "should" have lost anything other than what you have. You are human, you have highs and lows. It is the process that is important - learning to deal with your emotions and your food. What you learn will help you reach your goal and maintain.

I do not have a coach but still trudge on - I think it is important for me to learn to answer to myself when I stare at something tempting. That is an important skill for me.

But I am not you and we do not live in each other's life, so you need to do what works best for you. Just do not beat yourself up for what has happened in the past. You are wasting precious energy and emotional stability!
__________________


schenectady is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #74
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013
 
64peppergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 86

S/C/G: 378/214.0/190

Height: 5'6"

Default

I didn't see the "what did you eat today" thread so thought I would post here instead. I made a big discovery today concerning my favorite mashed cauliflower dish.
I have always estimated and scooped out a heaping cup full of the mashed-cauli to equal my two cups of veggies since I would always forget to measure it raw beforehand.
Today, I measured 2 cups of raw chopped cauliflower then steamed and mashed it. I again measured and found that I only had 3/4 cup. Just thought I would throw that out there for anyone else who hadn't actually measured either.
__________________
64peppergirl is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 11:08 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Jenny38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Posts: 331

S/C/G: 282/157/170

Height: 5.6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Hooray Monday with two celebrations coursing through me joyously:

Made half my goal today, lost 55 with 55 to go but I actually started my quest 81 pounds ago at my highest, and second, today is my 24th wedding anniversary. For my husband's present, I put on a beautiful workout suit he gave me 23 years ago, the first year we were married and I was never able to fit into it. I saved it all those years, determined that somehow, someday, I would wear it again.

Being that I am not a saver, and neither is he, he was incredibly touched that I had saved that all those years, through three kids, moves, house cleanings, whatever.

Moral to the story: NEVER GIVE UP, it is NEVER too late, you can NEVER try too many times, the war is NEVER over!
Way to go! Thanks for sharing such a lovely and inspirational story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie77 View Post
Second weigh in and I'm down 10 pounds!! So pumped!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Good Morning.....

Had an awesome weekend with my little family which was nice. TOM came and hit me like a brick truck crashing into my life but still down 2 lbs for the week. Got adventurous with my food this weekend. Made rutabaga fries... no Buenos. But shredded some added a tablespoon of egg and a table spoon of roasted leek puree and put on my non stick griddle... Latke here I come. Quite tasty. Also made Mock-apple sauce. I am going to tweak it but that's what's in my shakes this morning and for lunch and so far so tasty.


Here's today's quote

Martin Luther King, Jr.: "We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope."
Congratulations on your lose. Love your quotes.

Took my kindle out of my purse and realized my IP pre made pudding opened and there is chocolate everywhere. Note to self bring extra puffs or bars that wont break open.
__________________
Jenny38 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/25/2012 rissimo Ideal Protein Diet 81 10-25-2012 11:53 PM
IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/2/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 217 05-03-2012 02:27 AM
IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/26/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 202 01-27-2012 09:41 AM
IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/25/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 230 01-26-2012 04:48 PM
IP Daily Chat Monday 1/9/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 171 01-10-2012 09:04 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2