Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #61  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
WI today- down three more pounds. The weight is moving faster than the inches now; I am interested to see when the inches might catch up. Since I am in my third week of my P1 restart, I have been doing more light cardio and toning, so I know the weight loss might slow a little as I attempt to build some muscle. Feeling good so far
Congrats Renee! That's great. I need to be more consistent with toning/light cardio. I'll admit that the weight loss happens so well with the food choices that I haven't prioritized it. Just can't get motivated to make the time. But I know I HAVE to...for the longer term.

Congrats again!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #62  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Congrats Renee! That's great. I need to be more consistent with toning/light cardio. I'll admit that the weight loss happens so well with the food choices that I haven't prioritized it. Just can't get motivated to make the time. But I know I HAVE to...for the longer term.

Congrats again!
Thanks!

I find the workout also helps beat the winter blues.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Renee Fantastic Weigh In! So impressed with how well you phased back to P1. Good luck with your wonky class schedule this week. January has been a long month at school, so chopped up with all of the weather issues. Can't seem to get the kids into an academic flow.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Renee Fantastic Weigh In! So impressed with how well you phased back to P1. Good luck with your wonky class schedule this week. January has been a long month at school, so chopped up with all of the weather issues. Can't seem to get the kids into an academic flow.
I totally agree! I sure hope the weather disruptions are pretty much done for the winter, but I have a feeling there will be more. What grade(s) do you teach? I teach middle school. I am really having a rough time this year. There have been a lot of changes at my school, administratively and with the school population. It has been rough, to say the least.

Enjoy your Sunday!

~Renee
Old 01-26-2014, 10:47 AM   #65  

Oh, and Slipfree, where in CT are you? Hubby was born and raised in Stamford. He is looking forward to a phase four "fun" meal at Colony pizza!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 180.6/145.6/140 or less

Height: 5'8

Default Day 16 and Week 2 WI update

Hey guys,

I had my week 2 weigh in yesterday (Saturday morning the 25th of Jan 2014) and was down 4.6 pounds and 4.4 was ALL FAT! I was psyched! That brings me to 171.2 according to their scale. I was lower on my home scale... until today and I gained a pound! I was really hoping to break into the 160's by now, but I am so pleased about my results at the clinic yesterday. My visceral fat went from 6 to 5, my % of fat went from 40.4% to 38.9%. I am not feeling the weight loss particularly though unfortunately. My clothes are still uncomfortable, tight, and not looking great. For me the big thing is my chest (my breasts have gotten enormous, and my arms and back. I am definitely more top heavy. I have lost 0 inches on my arms and only 1on my chest. 0 on my midwaist, which is another concern. My breasts seem a little smaller. Any other top heavy gals out there have any encouraging words?
I have a work trip to Mexico on Feb 10 and am really hoping to get some more off. Feeling a little low today, but really happy I am at 9.4 lbs so far.

Thanks guys!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #67  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacingIt27 View Post
Hey guys,

I had my week 2 weigh in yesterday (Saturday morning the 25th of Jan 2014) and was down 4.6 pounds and 4.4 was ALL FAT! I was psyched! That brings me to 171.2 according to their scale. I was lower on my home scale... until today and I gained a pound! I was really hoping to break into the 160's by now, but I am so pleased about my results at the clinic yesterday. My visceral fat went from 6 to 5, my % of fat went from 40.4% to 38.9%. I am not feeling the weight loss particularly though unfortunately. My clothes are still uncomfortable, tight, and not looking great. For me the big thing is my chest (my breasts have gotten enormous, and my arms and back. I am definitely more top heavy. I have lost 0 inches on my arms and only 1on my chest. 0 on my midwaist, which is another concern. My breasts seem a little smaller. Any other top heavy gals out there have any encouraging words?
I have a work trip to Mexico on Feb 10 and am really hoping to get some more off. Feeling a little low today, but really happy I am at 9.4 lbs so far.

Thanks guys!

Congrats on the loss!!!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #68  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefnrod View Post
I have reheated roasted veggies in a toaster oven. I try to prepare a lot on Sundays and Tuesdays and the veggies seem to heat up ok. Low temp while I fix the rest of my meal.

I have successfully stored roasted spinach & kale chips by letting them cool and then covering the container with press n seal, leaving one corner open. It seems to keep them fairly crisp for a few days, although the never last that long. The kids devour them!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #69  

Hi everyone - I'm a little frustrated with my IP clinic. I'm not sure if I'm just being nitpicky or what - but none of the coaches know what's going on half the time. They are all part-time employees. There are 4 different people there and none of them make the same measurements and give conflicting guidance on the program.
It's almost like social hour there - they talk about everything under the sun - when I want in and out and to obtain professional advice. All four of them have been off and on the program multiple times and can't seem to stay on it or maintain their weight loss goals.
I've come to realize I will have to get my food there and my information elsewhere.
Just a little disappointed.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #70  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm in ATX, too!

[QUOTE=FacingIt27;4928645]Hey guys,

Congrats on your 9.4 lbs, that's awesome! I am having the same reaction, I thought my clothes would be fitting better, but my coach said that after weeks 3 & 4 you start to see/feel a difference.

Keep up the great work!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAnn View Post
Hi everyone - I'm a little frustrated with my IP clinic. I'm not sure if I'm just being nitpicky or what - but none of the coaches know what's going on half the time. They are all part-time employees. There are 4 different people there and none of them make the same measurements and give conflicting guidance on the program.
It's almost like social hour there - they talk about everything under the sun - when I want in and out and to obtain professional advice. All four of them have been off and on the program multiple times and can't seem to stay on it or maintain their weight loss goals.
I've come to realize I will have to get my food there and my information elsewhere.
Just a little disappointed.
In a nutshell, in bold, above.
There are different levels of training for coaches and different clinics have different standards. Some are just in it for the money and others are really in it for the professionalism. I fired my coach, too, when IP just wasn't meeting my soy/gluten-free needs well (except with VERY limited product availability).
The IP-world would be a MUCH better place if there were high standards of training throughout.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #72  

Thanks Lisa. Last week, I actually gained .5 lbs. I wasn't all twisted up about it, but the coach kept saying, "DONT GET DISCOURAGED - keep going...." On and on - All loud in a room full of people.

I don't even want to track my weight in there. I just want to purchase the packets and do the rest on my own.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #73  

How hard is it to switch clinics?
Old 01-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefnrod View Post
a couple of questions.

1. can u reheat roasted cauliflower,spinach and green beans? or does it make it mushy?
2.After you make the spinach chips how do you store them ? or are they good the next day?
Since I don't have time to cook wisely during the week, ever since being OP, I roast tons of veggies on the weekends and reheat during the week. I try to cook them al dente so when reheated they don't get mushy.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAnn View Post
How hard is it to switch clinics?
Hopefully there are more in your area. Some charge a fee for each weigh in, some charge an up-front cost. I would call around, explain your situation and see if someone will let you join without having to pay another fee.

They will still make money off your packet purchases and hopefully they won't be greedy!
Closed Thread