Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #76  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Question for those using alternatives. Does anyone use the pure protein or detour bars as their restricted? I'm getting a bit worn out having to order from Nashua and having to go to SAMs for my RTDs, noticed that the box of pure protein or detours ran about $18 for a box of 20. Just wondering about compliance with IP and taste before I buy
Old 01-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #77  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I have a pretty good NSV for myself. I survived my after party last night. I had my snack before leaving for the pageant and then used the after party as my dinner. The breakfast buffet was amazing...full of tons of choices. I skipped past the biscuits and gravy, fruit, hashbrowns, potatoes, sausage, pastries, cinnamon rolls and so much more. Opted for scrambled eggs (asked if there was butter in them and they said no), a little bit of ham, and then went to the omelette bar. I scooped extra veggies on my plate from that, and then had them make me an omelette full of veggies...no cheese, no butter, just eggs and veggies. I felt good about it! It was great that I had two IPers with me, too. One is on maintenance and one was on phase 1 for a month, but is switching off and doing her own thing.

Today is my "one-month anniversary" of starting IP and I feel great!
Old 01-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #78  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
I have reheated roasted veggies in a toaster oven. I try to prepare a lot on Sundays and Tuesdays and the veggies seem to heat up ok. Low temp while I fix the rest of my meal.

I have successfully stored roasted spinach & kale chips by letting them cool and then covering the container with press n seal, leaving one corner open. It seems to keep them fairly crisp for a few days, although the never last that long. The kids devour them!
Thanks, I will give that a try.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Question for those using alternatives. Does anyone use the pure protein or detour bars as their restricted? I'm getting a bit worn out having to order from Nashua and having to go to SAMs for my RTDs, noticed that the box of pure protein or detours ran about $18 for a box of 20. Just wondering about compliance with IP and taste before I buy
Have been using pure protein as my alternative restricteds. Note that Sams and Costco both sell them, but with a different assortment within the big box. (for more variety)
Old 01-26-2014, 03:17 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Jendilly ! Happy one month and congrats on remaining strong last night.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #81  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I love the lower sugar Detour bars. The caramel peanut reminds me of a Snickers bar, and the PB cream is similar to Reeses PB cup (or as close as you could get on IP, anyway). I am trying to post pics of the nutritional label for you. (Okay, the pics won't post; they are too big and I a, not sure how to resize on my iPad. Some Info can be found here http://www.detourbar.com/products/lo...tein-bars.html)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I have a pretty good NSV for myself. I survived my after party last night. I had my snack before leaving for the pageant and then used the after party as my dinner. The breakfast buffet was amazing...full of tons of choices. I skipped past the biscuits and gravy, fruit, hashbrowns, potatoes, sausage, pastries, cinnamon rolls and so much more. Opted for scrambled eggs (asked if there was butter in them and they said no), a little bit of ham, and then went to the omelette bar. I scooped extra veggies on my plate from that, and then had them make me an omelette full of veggies...no cheese, no butter, just eggs and veggies. I felt good about it! It was great that I had two IPers with me, too. One is on maintenance and one was on phase 1 for a month, but is switching off and doing her own thing.

Today is my "one-month anniversary" of starting IP and I feel great!
Congrats on your success and willpower last night, and on your one month anniversary! Your stats look great! Keep it up!

Last edited by ReenHag; 01-26-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Great job jendilly! In the future, just to be sure, I would ask if there's anything in the scrambled eggs besides eggs.

IHOP, for example, puts pancake batter in their eggs to make them extra fluffy.

Keep it up!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 01-26-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Great job jendilly! In the future, just to be sure, I would ask if there's anything in the scrambled eggs besides eggs.

IHOP, for example, puts omelet batter in their eggs to make them extra fluffy.

Keep it up!
Hi- Did yo mean pancake batter? That was my understanding..thye use pancake mix in theri scrambled eggs and omlettes. To combat that when I am out I always question if it is possible to have and order FRESH egg white omlettes!

Discovered last weekend when I met someone for brunch, our local Hilton does an egg white veggie frittatta ...it was perfect...a bit pricey..but I was happy to pay for EGG-zactly what I wanted!
Old 01-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Hi- Did yo mean pancake batter? That was my understanding..thye use pancake mix in theri scrambled eggs and omlettes. To combat that when I am out I always question if it is possible to have and order FRESH egg white omlettes!

Discovered last weekend when I met someone for brunch, our local Hilton does an egg white veggie frittatta ...it was perfect...a bit pricey..but I was happy to pay for EGG-zactly what I wanted!
Yes, long day!
Old 01-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello from the very cold NE. Woke up this morning very cold, the furnace was broke and the outdoor temp was 4! Yikes, the "heat man" has come and gone, hopefully fixed it

I too like the Detour low-sugar bars and they are compliant. yum!

Have a good night everyone
Old 01-26-2014, 04:27 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Yes, long day!
LOL...I know..Long few weeks with too much snow...and ice. Note all my typos!!

I thought that was what you meant and it is a good idea to keep that FYI awareness out front, esp for the newbies, that a a lot of diners and breakfast places do this...we have been on top of this for years because of members of the family having celiac and varying degrees of wheat intolerance. It is shocking! And a pet peeve!! Also an FYI...many grill and chop places brine their steaks and chops in sugar water...to make them flame. The food presents great optics on the plate when the sugar caramelizes...and it tastes good too.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 161/161/130

Height: 5'1

Unhappy Discouraged

My 1st weigh on Wednesday, I lost 7 lbs, was feeling great. But yesterday I couldn't resist and ate 2 slices of thin pepperoni pizza, this morning my personal scale says I gained 3 lbs. How is that possible? Did I totally mess up?
Old 01-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Today's NSV - Me and the hubby went to Applebees for dinner and he got two of the desert shooters, the chocolate fudge and cheesecake, and I didn't even have a bite!
Old 01-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 180.6/145.6/140 or less

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAnn View Post
Hi everyone - I'm a little frustrated with my IP clinic. I'm not sure if I'm just being nitpicky or what - but none of the coaches know what's going on half the time. They are all part-time employees. There are 4 different people there and none of them make the same measurements and give conflicting guidance on the program.
It's almost like social hour there - they talk about everything under the sun - when I want in and out and to obtain professional advice. All four of them have been off and on the program multiple times and can't seem to stay on it or maintain their weight loss goals.
I've come to realize I will have to get my food there and my information elsewhere.
Just a little disappointed.
I feel somewhat similarly about my clinic. I like the two coaches there, but they give the bare minimum information and I always feel so rushed there! When I do ask a question I get very brusque seemingly uncertain responses. Nothing is ever answered in a definitive way. And much of the responses are "yeah, that'll happen." and nothing else. It's frustrating. I feel a good coach could make a huge difference. I'm trying to stay on plan exactly as it is written so I don't succumb to any misinformation of theirs. This forum is a great help too.

The first week they didn't measure me cause she said there isn't normally a big loss and they like to wait for the second week. Then when I came in yesterday she was rushing me out of there, and I had to ask to be measured. She wrote them down so quickly and mentioned a few losses, but I don't know what the total was! Frustrating!

And to the lady who said she's been wearing only sweatpants and sweatshirts- same here!!! I am trying not to wear regular clothes at all, don't want to be discouraged or feel bad, and hoping for some sort of noticeable difference when I do have to put them on.

Thanks for the support and inspiration as always guys.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #90  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezjess View Post
My 1st weigh on Wednesday, I lost 7 lbs, was feeling great. But yesterday I couldn't resist and ate 2 slices of thin pepperoni pizza, this morning my personal scale says I gained 3 lbs. How is that possible? Did I totally mess up?
Just get 100 % back OP asap. Most likely your weight gain is water. Also your scale may not read exactly the same as your clinic's. The cheat might slow your fat loss for the week but it won't make you gain three pounds of fat.

The biggest issue with cheating is whether it will lead to the slippery slope of wanting to do it again, and then again. Whatever happens with the scale now, put it behind you and focus on staying 100% OP going forward. Don't beat yourself up. If possible, try to make it easier not to cheat, even if you have to avoid some social occasions for a while--it's temporary.

One other suggestion: I was much happier if I just weighed once a week with my coach. Stepping on the scale frequently in P1 tends to give a distorted picture of your progress. Hide the scale and save it for maintenance. Instead, focus on your new reflection in the mirror and smaller sized clothes--those things will happen amazingly fast if you stay OP.
Good Luck!

Last edited by mars735; 01-26-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Closed Thread