Old 03-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lily View Post

I read (don't remember which thread, & can't seem to find it this morning) something about Miracle Noodles... can someone tell me what they are & are they any good?

Miracle noodles are made from a mushroom, have zero carbs, sugar, fiber, fat and calories. They come in many shapes and sizes including "rice" which is more like tapioca. They smell terrible when you open the packet but after blanching, rinsing and drying them (a lot of work if you ask me) they have no taste and no smell. They are meant to go in a creamy flavorful sauce as they will take on the taste of whatever you put them in. The texture is not quite right for pasta - kind of spongy and rubbery while being a tad slippery (some would say slimey) but are closer to a noodle you would have in pho. They say you will either love them or hate them. I am much closer to the hate side although i just didn't think they were very good. If you are really craving noodles and that is making you want to go off your diet you should try these. I personally am happy with just making a meat sauce and don't need the noodles. Don't expect them to truly replace pasta but they could get you through your cravings if you end up liking them. They would go better with Asian noodle dishes than Italian pasta dishes. Try to buy just one packet to try if possible and not order a whole case.

Last edited by Figgypudding; 03-04-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Figgypudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #17  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Oh wow! Tastes are SO different.

My faves: RTD vanilla mixed with a cup of coffee= heaven, chocolate drink blended with ice, wildberry yogurt blended with ice, and caramel nut bar.
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #18  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
My favorite restricted are the vanilla peanut bar, the chocolate soy puffs and the chocolate muffin.

My favorite non restricted way to hide vegetables is the omelet.

My favorite non-restricted treat is hot chocolate.

My favorite way to use a packet in ways other than it was intended is to make the omelet into french toast by adding cinnamon, nutmeg, vaniilla and stevia and eating it with pancake syrup.

My favorite way to use a packet in a recipe is to use the soups as gravy or sauce in a casserole.

My LEAST favorite packet is the pineapple banana drink and the soups by themselves (except the new tomato)
I think the most over rated item is the caramel nut bar -tastes like an atkins bar, and the spaghetti/chili/beef stew. Why waste a packet on what you can make for dinner with real meat?
I'm trying the omelet made like french toast, How do you cook yours? I put it in the microwave. I don't think this was very successful. But I will say, I have not been a big fan of the omelet anyway, I've had this box for a verrrrry long time.
toothgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 294/294/150

Height: 5'3"

My favorites so far are the Chocolate Shake, the omelet, the butterscotch pudding and the white chocolate/cinnamon bar.

I can't stand the pina colada.
kamikazecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 212/187/160

Height: 5'7

I love the instant chocolate shake when I mixed it with a tsp of decaf instant coffee and tsp of WF chocolate sryup and several ice cubes in my blender. Tastes just like a Starbucks mocha frap with out the guilt or the calories.
Wrightamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #21  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

My tastes have varied over the course of this program, but my current faves are chocolate pudding made with a variety of flavours added (eg. mint, strawberry, orange, banana, etc.) but I have found it is best when made then allowed to sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. It becomes much creamier over time. I love the plain crepes made very thin then rolled with WF jam then drizzled with WF chocolate sauce. (seriously feels like cheating!) The crispy cereal made as pancakes is another favourite along with most of the bars and chocolate puffs.
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #22  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

i like the chocolate drink either warm or cold (for cold, I shake it up at night and let it sit in my fridge overnight. It becomes so thick and creamy yumm)

I also like the omelet, the orange drink, mushroom soup, jello

I LOVE the apple cinnamon puffs AND south west cheese curls, they have a nice spicy taste...I also LOVE the portion size of these pretty big!

I can tolerate the puddings, but don't really like them. I can't stand the chicken soup, didn't like the cookies and cream bar either (strange for me, since I LOVE sweets.)

Last edited by Shrinking Sandra; 03-28-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

How do you turn the crispy cereal into pancakes??
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #24  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

I LOVE vanilla pudding and the RTDs, both flavors!! I wish the RTDs were more filling because I could LIVE off of them. Jello is okay, omelette is maybe edible (I need to try that french toast recipe!). I really like the chili and spaghetti. The maple oatmeal is YUM as well.
TatiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 263/212/160

Height: 5'7

My favs are the cappuchino in the morning.
Chococlate hot/cold
Salt and vinegar ridges....yumm
cesteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #26  
On IP diet

S/C/G: 180/175/135

Height: 5'5

My fav are the salt and vinigar chips!! I like the chilli too. The omlett I add a half of a egg white, some mushrooms & red onions.. mmm yummy! otherwise i cant get it to become an omlett lol
sonia84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:38 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
How do you turn the crispy cereal into pancakes??
You add baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, some add stevia, and I add one egg whit and some water. I dont crush the cereal, but u can...and mix it up and I use coconut iil, but can use pam or evoo.. It makes 2 or 3 nice size pancakes and I use I cant believe its not butter spray and some WF syeup. I love the regular, but just found blueberry syrup and thats good too. I have this almost everyday..
momoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

I love the bars..the vanilla peanut and caramel nut. I love the rice cereal turned pancake and the choc drink. I always add almond extract and ice and make it a "fancy" drink.. H also love freezing to a slushy stage the vanilla RTD.. Those are really good.
momoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default favorites

I used to love the capp for breakfast, but I don't like it any more.
I tried the peanut butter balls for the first time today, I am so glad I only bought 2 pkgs, or I would be having a restricted pkt. every day, they are awesome.
Funny how we all have our favorite standby's. I haven't tried the RTD's yet, but I guess I should if you guys like them.
I have been making my chocolate pudding in 10 oz of mint tea. So good.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

It seems a lot of people like the butterscotch pudding, but about halfway through a packet, I could barely stomach the rest! The chocolate pudding on the other hand, mmmmm... Can't wait to try the new DARK choco.

I love scrambling the "omelette" with veggies. And every single one of the bars - I'd eat those for all 3 IP meals if they weren't restricted! Lol. The chocolate drink, both hot and cold, is amazing, it reminds me of Instant Breakfast. I'm thinking next time I'll stick in the freezer for a while to make ice cream, and pour some WF chocolate syrup on it.

I've only eaten the choco soy puffs. My coach didn't want me to get spoiled for the first couple weeks, so she advised me not to get the spaghetti, the oatmeal, or any of the puffs. What does everyone think of the oatmeal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
My favorite way to use a packet in ways other than it was intended is to make the omelet into french toast by adding cinnamon, nutmeg, vaniilla and stevia and eating it with pancake syrup.
Oh... my... gosh, that is GENIUS. I am totally making that when I get my WF syrup!! (I ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday )
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote