Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Thank you 65. At first, I felt like I was being scolded by both you and Lisa, but your post made me remember that there is a much bigger picture here. I think for some reason in my mind I was thinking I'd lose more each week. But, I also realize that the % I have lost is fabulous. Plus, when they did my BCA (I think that's what it is), I've come down 2% in fat...and that makes me feel good. I've lost over 18 inches...5 from my waist, over 5 from my hips. Just this week, I lost 1.75 inches in each thigh!

So, I'm sorry for my "slow and steady" comment. It honestly was in reference to "slow and steady wins the race"...meaning, if I just keep going and stay on plan, I will get to my goal. It's not going to happen overnight. I still have a ways to go...but I WILL get there.
I was told that losing more inches than pounds means more fat burned and muscle saved, so way to go!!

I am on my 13th week. The first 12 total is 30 pounds and 24 inches, which I am very amazed with. I think last 10 will probably be hard work.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #47  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
So this is going to sound crazy, but I just got in my shipment of Walden Farms stuff, and I know this is crazy, but it was all really good... I was surprised. I threw half of it out last time, but this time, wow. They must have changed up some of the recipes. Even the peanut butter was good! Granted I only took small bites of each thing, but even still, I could taste exactly what it was suppose to be and it was really minimal on the after taste. I am very very happy with this set.
I've tried A LOT of the WF products. I think they're fine. I like the salad dressings. I use the Asian sauce almost everyday to stir-fry. I used the Alfredo sauce on a some chicken and broccoli the other day and it was good. I use just a small bit of the Caramel Sauce with a tiny splash of almond milk once in a while (I used to use a lot of the fat-free vanilla creamers...so this is a HUGE change for me, but I like it!). I've used the BBQ sauce a few times. At first, I didn't like the chocolate dip at all. I think I was expecting it to be more like choc fudge and it's not. But I have used a little bit in other things to make them more "chocolatey" and it's good. Oh...and one of my favorite treats is to use a little bit of the caramel sauce in the chocolate pudding with a dash of salted. My own little salted caramel treat.

Just watch closely how much you use. Even though they say 0 calories...they could have just under 1, and the more you use, they can add up. I'm just happy to have some substitutes and I've gotten used to them.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #48  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I've tried A LOT of the WF products. I think they're fine. I like the salad dressings. I use the Asian sauce almost everyday to stir-fry. I used the Alfredo sauce on a some chicken and broccoli the other day and it was good. I use just a small bit of the Caramel Sauce with a tiny splash of almond milk once in a while (I used to use a lot of the fat-free vanilla creamers...so this is a HUGE change for me, but I like it!). I've used the BBQ sauce a few times. At first, I didn't like the chocolate dip at all. I think I was expecting it to be more like choc fudge and it's not. But I have used a little bit in other things to make them more "chocolatey" and it's good. Oh...and one of my favorite treats is to use a little bit of the caramel sauce in the chocolate pudding with a dash of salted. My own little salted caramel treat.

Just watch closely how much you use. Even though they say 0 calories...they could have just under 1, and the more you use, they can add up. I'm just happy to have some substitutes and I've gotten used to them.
Jendilly - Great Point!!! My clinic says no more than 5 servings of WF per day. My coach/doctor also said that each splenda packet counts as a WF serving. So if I had 3 packets of splenda throughout the day, then I could only have two servings of WF. Make sense? Splenda has .995 per packet
Old 01-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #49  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
I got these, and all were awesome (except for the honey bbq and the hiccory smoked bbq, they were good, but a little overly sweet)

Blue Cheese
Thick and Spicy BBQ
Caramel Dip
Chocolate Dip
Apple Butter
Peanut Butter
Chocolate Syrup
Caramel Syrup
Good to know. Thanks for the info!

Jendilly: congrats on your weight loss to date. That is freaking awesome!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #50  

I just tried out the Omron bodyfat analyzer and it as me at 29.8. The manual says that for age 20-39 normal is 21-32.9, age 40-59 normal is 23-33.9 and for 60-79 normal is 24-35.9. So at age 52 I am in the normal range, which is good. When I used this at the clinic at the end of December I was at 36, so I have dropped quite a bit in 3 weeks.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Thank you 65. At first, I felt like I was being scolded by both you and Lisa, but your post made me remember that there is a much bigger picture here. I think for some reason in my mind I was thinking I'd lose more each week. But, I also realize that the % I have lost is fabulous. Plus, when they did my BCA (I think that's what it is), I've come down 2% in fat...and that makes me feel good. I've lost over 18 inches...5 from my waist, over 5 from my hips. Just this week, I lost 1.75 inches in each thigh!

So, I'm sorry for my "slow and steady" comment. It honestly was in reference to "slow and steady wins the race"...meaning, if I just keep going and stay on plan, I will get to my goal. It's not going to happen overnight. I still have a ways to go...but I WILL get there.
Jendilly..
Nothing to be sorry for. We just want you to be realistic about what is going to happen, and not set yourself up to feel you are not being successful. This is where it gets tough...the rubber meets the road so to speak. Things sooner or later slow down to a realistic and pretty common experience as you do the hard work that gets you to goal, and is the REAL fat loss. That will most likely be in the the 2-3 lb range, as almost everyone will attest to. The strong stay and keep working it off and the weak bail. Actually...the sooner you get into that phase of true losing, the sooner you are getting to the hard stuff of what I believe can and will be lasting ... if you hang in for the long haul! We hope you're in!!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:20 PM   #52  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Down another 2.2 this week.
Almost slept thru the alarm. I couldn't get comfortable last night so I had to take a sleeping pill ugh. I hate taking them but that's my only chance some night of sleep
Congrats! That's great!
Sorry about the sleeping pills. I used them for years but finally seemed to have sorted things out without them and I am so glad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning!! Down 2 lbs for week 28 weigh-in!!!

Exactly 25 lbs from goal!!!
Yippee! Yahoo! And Congrats to you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Checking in!! Down 1.8 this week for a total of 8 pounds since starting on the 2nd only 18 more pounds to go!! I know it's going to be a slow loss, it's my second go around and also I don't have much to lose this time
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallytime View Post
This morning I was putting on my jeans and a turtleneck (bc its sooo friggin cold here) , that when i look down at myslef and i see my chest first not my bloated belly! YES! Feeling great and loving IP!
Now that's a good NSV. congrats!

Quote:
Had my WI today after completing week 4 OP. Down 2.4 pounds and lost 4.75 inches. Slow and steady. Always hoping for more, but I'm excited to have lost over 17 pounds in 4 weeks!
17 pounds in 4 weeks is fantastic. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Youngest daughter birthday is tomorrow. Made her favorite from scratch chocolate 3 layer cake. I made it without one lick of batter. Very proud of myself. Going out of town to celebrate her 24th birthday and meeting up with her two older sisters. I have already told her that I won't have any cake but I can still celebrate the occasion with her. Seems like everything evolves around food. Starting week 4 of staying 100% OP
Awesome NSV - you'll be so glad you did.

Happy Thursday all... Brrr... Hope you are all staying warm and on plan
Old 01-23-2014, 06:34 PM   #53  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Jendilly..
Nothing to be sorry for. We just want you to be realistic about what is going to happen, and not set yourself up to feel you are not being successful. This is where it gets tough...the rubber meets the road so to speak. Things sooner or later slow down to a realistic and pretty common experience as you do the hard work that gets you to goal, and is the REAL fat loss. That will most likely be in the the 2-3 lb range, as almost everyone will attest to. The strong stay and keep working it off and the weak bail. Actually...the sooner you get into that phase of true losing, the sooner you are getting to the hard stuff of what I believe can and will be lasting ... if you hang in for the long haul! We hope you're in!!
Oh, I'm IN...I'm in for sure! No way I'm stopping now. It's amazing how much better my body feels already. I can go up and down the stairs so much easier already. My knees aren't screaming at me nearly as much. They still hurt, but not like before. I'm sleeping a little better at night, too. I'm in this for good...until I get to my goal, and then long after that on maintenance.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 189/132/130

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
I know, I know. I was really referring to the 1.6 last week and the 2.4 this week. It's slowed down from the first two weeks, but I'm well aware that it's totally normal. I'm just happy that it's a steady decrease. AND...I've lost over 18 inches, which I love even more than the pounds lost. My "slow and steady" was my reference to "slow and steady wins the race". Yes, I would love to have 5 pound weight losses every week...but I'm also realistic.
I felt that every week that I went in for my WI, *any* loss was good...

I am now 2 pounds from my goal... starting at 189 and going to finish at 130. Hubby started the diet with me. He's at his goal, and just holding while I loose my last 2 pounds.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #55  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda52411 View Post
I felt that every week that I went in for my WI, *any* loss was good...

I am now 2 pounds from my goal... starting at 189 and going to finish at 130. Hubby started the diet with me. He's at his goal, and just holding while I loose my last 2 pounds.
CONGRATULATIONS! You are pracically at the finish line! Woo Hoo!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I just tried out the Omron bodyfat analyzer and it as me at 29.8. The manual says that for age 20-39 normal is 21-32.9, age 40-59 normal is 23-33.9 and for 60-79 normal is 24-35.9. So at age 52 I am in the normal range, which is good. When I used this at the clinic at the end of December I was at 36, so I have dropped quite a bit in 3 weeks.
Is this the BMI that the family doctor keeps referring to? She has a chart that she looks at. I "think" age may play into it, but I know the chart she looks at has height and weight... can't remember what my BMI is, but I'm now getting into the thin area...
Old 01-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
CONGRATULATIONS! You are pracically at the finish line! Woo Hoo!

I *KNOW!!

I am trying to figure out how to handle the next stage... Quite honestly, our diet has been VERY strict.

We started Aug 5, 2013, on the IP diet. Have been on stage 1 since that date. Down from 189 to 130.

I *DO* have to say... I / we (hubby on it, too) have NEVER stopped to look at how FAR we had to go. We did NOT weigh every day at home... just took our sheets to our family doctor who has "the plan" and did our WI's there and got measured every week. We NEVER calculated how many pounds to go, never worried about how LONG it would take us... just kept thinking of that end goal.

This will be the weight we were at when we got married.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #58  

I never knew that Walden's Farm had anything except salad dressing... I've tried several of them on us, and I have to say, the Ranch flavor is the ONLY one I can really stand...
Old 01-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda52411 View Post
Is this the BMI that the family doctor keeps referring to? She has a chart that she looks at. I "think" age may play into it, but I know the chart she looks at has height and weight... can't remember what my BMI is, but I'm now getting into the thin area...
No, BMI is a calculation using the height and weight in metric units. My BMI is 24.5(morning weight) and 25.5 (clinic weight in the afternoon with all my clothes). The bodyfat monitor uses bioelectrical impedance.. Body tissue such as muscles, blood vessels and bones have a high water content so they conduct electricity easily. Body fat has a lower conductivity so it judges your percentage of bodyfat by this conductivity.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #60  

Has anyone tried Chef Verati's "Taste the Freedom" ? Is it worth the money?
Closed Thread