3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
Bellamack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 1,787

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
What the WL fluctuation means is that weight fluctuates from day-to-day. You may not see the effects from overeating restricteds for 2 or more days. It sounds like you did some emotional eating (stressed over the scale). I suggest staying off of it between WIs because it appears to be overstressing you.
I confess: I did this, the scale said the same as last week, which wasn't a great loss, so I ate some carbs. I am so angry with myself now that I did it, I know I am a s-l-o-w loser, as I was my first go round with IP. But it truly is depressing sometimes and this below zero weather doesn't help. I admit, I am struggling today for sure! I read people losing more in a week than I do in a month. Hope Wuv doesn't read this, she will be right on me ( out of love) lol Happy everyone is doing well, I am back at it tomorrow.
__________________


WI 1: -4.0 WI 5: -2.0 WI 9: -0.6
WI 2: -0.6 WI 6: -1.2 WI 10: -2.0
WI 3: 0.0 WI 7: -0.8
WI 4: -1.2 WI 8: +0.4
Bellamack is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #77
maintaining since 9/2013
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,025

S/C/G: 244/149.6/143

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I know I am being petty to complain that I am having to get rid of clothes that do not fit me anymore, some that I have never had a chance to wear in the near past. Someone else will make good use of them.
schenectady, I don't think it's at all petty to notice the mix of feelings. Brenda mentioned her pity party over letting go of clothes she loved. I thought it would be pure joy to throw out the old and bring in the new, but there was definitely some sadness. We're complicated creatures!

Bellamack, wish I could send you some droughty sunshine. Keep going--you'll get there. If you ate carbs after your weigh in, you have a whole week to compensate. IP says don't be angry with yourself for a slip, just put it behind you & learn from it if you can. I tried to avoid comparing myself to anyone else's weight loss, just watched my own progress, slow or fast. The scale can be such a cruel mistress.

Last edited by mars735 : 01-23-2014 at 09:06 PM.
mars735 is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 843

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/177/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I confess: I did this, the scale said the same as last week, which wasn't a great loss, so I ate some carbs. I am so angry with myself now that I did it, I know I am a s-l-o-w loser, as I was my first go round with IP. But it truly is depressing sometimes and this below zero weather doesn't help. I admit, I am struggling today for sure! I read people losing more in a week than I do in a month. Hope Wuv doesn't read this, she will be right on me ( out of love) lol Happy everyone is doing well, I am back at it tomorrow.
Bellamack - I hope you do not take it wrong when I say 'please, please, please don't let your emotions or frustrations with slow loss make you eat'!

I have been there on IP, big time. One slip easily moves to two and then days pass not being able to hold to the program. It is so very hard to get back on the program that I will do anything not to jeopardize that with carbs.

All that happens is that you are worse off than before. Slow losing is NOTHING compared to gaining and being off the program. Stay the course and find an alternative way of dealing with the stress of slow loss. Get a manicure, buy a book you have always wanted to read, or get in from the library and lose yourself in a novel, ANYTHING except eat.
__________________


schenectady is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #79
Started IP 1/4/14
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vermont
Posts: 17

S/C/G: 244/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Default

Does anyone else have a hard time eating so much food at dinner? 8oz meat and two cups of veggies is so much food!! I tried getting away with 6oz every night until my coach looked at my journal and said try for 8. It just seems counterproductive to gorge myself every night while trying to lose weight :-/
Greyfaery is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:00 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
Slipfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 1,352

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfaery View Post
Does anyone else have a hard time eating so much food at dinner? 8oz meat and two cups of veggies is so much food!! I tried getting away with 6oz every night until my coach looked at my journal and said try for 8. It just seems counterproductive to gorge myself every night while trying to lose weight :-/
Hi Greyfaery, I have 2 ounces of protein at lunch with one cup of vegetables.
__________________
Now residing in ONEDERLAND for the rest of my life!


Started maintenance: June 14, 2014
Slipfree is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #81
Started IP 12/26/13
 
jendilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 256

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfaery View Post
Does anyone else have a hard time eating so much food at dinner? 8oz meat and two cups of veggies is so much food!! I tried getting away with 6oz every night until my coach looked at my journal and said try for 8. It just seems counterproductive to gorge myself every night while trying to lose weight :-/
Quite often, I put a hard-boiled egg on my salad at lunch, then have 6 oz of protein at dinner. Also not a bad idea to split up your protein and do 4 oz at lunch and 4 at dinner. Makes you feel fuller throughout the rest of the afternoon (which is when I start wanting to have a snack).
__________________


Working hard to get to my tropical vacation!
jendilly is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
Bellamack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 1,787

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Bellamack - I hope you do not take it wrong when I say 'please, please, please don't let your emotions or frustrations with slow loss make you eat'!

I have been there on IP, big time. One slip easily moves to two and then days pass not being able to hold to the program. It is so very hard to get back on the program that I will do anything not to jeopardize that with carbs.

All that happens is that you are worse off than before. Slow losing is NOTHING compared to gaining and being off the program. Stay the course and find an alternative way of dealing with the stress of slow loss. Get a manicure, buy a book you have always wanted to read, or get in from the library and lose yourself in a novel, ANYTHING except eat.
I know you are right. I was doing the very unflattering self-pity thing today. 7 weeks post of knee, 5 months post op shoulder and just wondering "how" I have gotten so far gone over the last few years. Was always a very good athlete, swam in HS and college, soccer, tennis, running, etc. and because I took care of myself ( or so I thought) my joints are paying the price. I didn't have to worry about "weight" when I was so active. Normally with this snow and cold I would be downhill or cross country skiing, no more. So, it was a bunch of stuff that got to me today and tomorrow is my mom's birthday (she passed in 2005) and I was thinking of her all day. I know these are all reasons, not excuses. I will get a grip tomorrow, everything is prepared. thank you and I don't tend to ever take advise "the wrong way" I know everyone on here means well, because everyone on here has struggled with weight and emotions
__________________


WI 1: -4.0 WI 5: -2.0 WI 9: -0.6
WI 2: -0.6 WI 6: -1.2 WI 10: -2.0
WI 3: 0.0 WI 7: -0.8
WI 4: -1.2 WI 8: +0.4
Bellamack is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 12:55 AM   #83
Start date 1-13-14
 
Last Hurrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 19

S/C/G: 195/172.5/145

Height: 5'4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
I don't mind them. Do some of them require an acquired taste? Yes.

A couple weeks ago someone posted that they used the Asian Dressing on Stir Fry and tried it and I love it. I make my stir fry and then toss a serving of the WF with the stir fry right before serving. (I take the skillet off the heat and mix it in). It makes it taste like chinese from the restaurant.

I use the 1000 Island, marshmallow dip and ketchup quite frequently.
What do you use the marshmallow dip with ?
Last Hurrah is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 05:26 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
drd1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 528

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I know you are right. I was doing the very unflattering self-pity thing today. 7 weeks post of knee, 5 months post op shoulder and just wondering "how" I have gotten so far gone over the last few years. Was always a very good athlete, swam in HS and college, soccer, tennis, running, etc. and because I took care of myself ( or so I thought) my joints are paying the price. I didn't have to worry about "weight" when I was so active. Normally with this snow and cold I would be downhill or cross country skiing, no more. So, it was a bunch of stuff that got to me today and tomorrow is my mom's birthday (she passed in 2005) and I was thinking of her all day. I know these are all reasons, not excuses. I will get a grip tomorrow, everything is prepared. thank you and I don't tend to ever take advise "the wrong way" I know everyone on here means well, because everyone on here has struggled with weight and emotions
I have sympathy. Although my joint issues(need double hip replacement at age 52) are because of birth defects, I have always worked out hard, so it does not seem fair. But I keep on keeping on.
__________________
drd1961 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/25/2012 rissimo Ideal Protein Diet 81 10-25-2012 11:53 PM
IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/2/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 217 05-03-2012 02:27 AM
IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/26/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 202 01-27-2012 09:41 AM
IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/25/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 230 01-26-2012 04:48 PM
IP Daily Chat Monday 1/9/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 171 01-10-2012 09:04 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2