Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 189/132/130

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
No, BMI is a calculation using the height and weight in metric units. My BMI is 24.5(morning weight) and 25.5 (clinic weight in the afternoon with all my clothes). The bodyfat monitor uses bioelectrical impedance.. Body tissue such as muscles, blood vessels and bones have a high water content so they conduct electricity easily. Body fat has a lower conductivity so it judges your percentage of bodyfat by this conductivity.
Ah - thank you for the explanation.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Jendilly - Great Point!!! My clinic says no more than 5 servings of WF per day. My coach/doctor also said that each splenda packet counts as a WF serving. So if I had 3 packets of splenda throughout the day, then I could only have two servings of WF. Make sense? Splenda has .995 per packet
My doctor says no more than 4 teaspoons of WF salad dressing per day. That's not very much, but on the other hand, I don't like their salad dressing well enough to WANT more...
Old 01-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda52411 View Post
Ah - thank you for the explanation.

No problem and congrats on being almost to goal! I hope I follow you there soon.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Today I am following Lisa's recipe and doing a big pot of chicken stock while on another burner, I am making my husband a lovely roast.

This morning was sad - I dropped off a bag of donations at the local thrift store - including 6 pairs of truly beloved shoes! When I was getting all dressed up last night for a business dinner, I discovered my feet slipped out of my nice black suede dress shoes with the curled flowers on the toes. Then my favorite flats, then the next pair on and on. I truly have a love affairs with leather shoes, if you hadn't figured that out already. Some of them I have had and loved for years!

Good thing is that now all my remaining shoes fit in my closet rack and bag.
I wanted to have a pity party for myself when I dropped off what used to be a dozen pair of my favorite jeans at Goodwill... good bye, fav clothes...
Old 01-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Amber, Princess Peacock, Sarahbell...anyone out there?
Old 01-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #66  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
My doctor says no more than 4 teaspoons of WF salad dressing per day. That's not very much, but on the other hand, I don't like their salad dressing well enough to WANT more...
Yikes I had lots of WF--salad dressing, chicken marinade & then dipping in BBQ sauce/mayo--and flavored all of my water with Mio. My coach said not to worry about how much I used as long as the weight loss was satisfactory. My packets were on the low-carb side so maybe it all balanced out. WF & Mio products helped enormously to keep me OP and enjoying the protocol.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Yikes I had lots of WF--salad dressing, chicken marinade & then dipping in BBQ sauce/mayo--and flavored all of my water with Mio. My coach said not to worry about how much I used as long as the weight loss was satisfactory. My packets were on the low-carb side so maybe it all balanced out. WF & Mio products helped enormously to keep me OP and enjoying the protocol.
I think different coaches say different things. My coach said no more than SIX servings (not teaspoons) of WF & Mio combined. Different WF products have different serving sizes.
If your weight loss is going fine, I'd go with what is working...no need to fix it unless it is broken!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #68  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I think different coaches say different things. My coach said no more than SIX servings (not teaspoons) of WF & Mio combined. Different WF products have different serving sizes.
If your weight loss is going fine, I'd go with what is working...no need to fix it unless it is broken!
I agree...we all seem to get different advice. My coach hasn't said anything about limiting what you use of WF or Mio. I use Mio in about half of my water during the day. I use WF at almost every meal (syrup in the morning, sauce at dinner, only sometimes use the dressing on my lunch salad) and she has never said to limit. I just know from this board and from the IP videos to be careful. I like the products I'm using, so am sticking with it, but just be conscious of what I use and how much.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #69  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Height: 5'8

I am excited and nervous first WI tomorrow. Everybody ask do you feel like you have lost any. I really don't. I hope thats not a bad sign
Old 01-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #70  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Height: 5'8

what can you do to the lemon pudding? Any ideas?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Here's a stupid question. How do I copy a message into mine like you all do? I'm new to posting but have been lingering here reading for awhile.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:09 PM   #72  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trynagn View Post
Here's a stupid question. How do I copy a message into mine like you all do? I'm new to posting but have been lingering here reading for awhile.
Click the quote button in the bottom right corner of the post you want to reply to.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #73  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
In the lower right of the message you want to "copy". There is a quote button. Hit that
Old 01-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Down another 2.2 this week.
Almost slept thru the alarm. I couldn't get comfortable last night so I had to take a sleeping pill ugh. I hate taking them but that's my only chance some night of sleep
Way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning!! Down 2 lbs for week 28 weigh-in!!!

Exactly 25 lbs from goal!!!
Shrinkingsysie- that is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Checking in!! Down 1.8 this week for a total of 8 pounds since starting on the 2nd only 18 more pounds to go!! I know it's going to be a slow loss, it's my second go around and also I don't have much to lose this time
Congratulations on your loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Had my WI today after completing week 4 OP. Down 2.4 pounds and lost 4.75 inches. Slow and steady. Always hoping for more, but I'm excited to have lost over 17 pounds in 4 weeks!

Quote:
I felt that every week that I went in for my WI, *any* loss was good...

I am now 2 pounds from my goal... starting at 189 and going to finish at 130. Hubby started the diet with me. He's at his goal, and just holding while I loose my last 2 pounds.
Brenda, I love how you and your husband are doing this together. Mine is very supportive but has yet to figure out his own journey.

Quote:
Trynagn your question is not a stupid one, it took me a while. There was some directions on the stickies at top of page. But when you want to quote you press the " quote symbol at the bottom of the page, you can press multiple quotes, and then when you are ready to respond you hit reply and they all come up in the box and you add your message.

Great loses today and NSV.
I have my weigh in tomorrow but at the gym yesterday I found out I gained 3 lbs of lean muscle which I'm very happy about, lost 10% body fat since sept on this plan.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
It's sad to say goodbye to the beloved clothes, that we've waited oh so long hoping one day to fit. then zooming right through on our way down because IP is so fast. I actually consulted a tailor who said they would need to be taken apart and remade $$$. There are loads of smaller sizes awaiting you in the stores! That said, sometimes it's inconvenient to realize last minute your bras don't fit or that thing you were planning ot wear to an engagement is sagging to your knees.! Congratulations on your scale and non-scale victories!
Thank you, mars, for your kind words. I know I am being petty to complain that I am having to get rid of clothes that do not fit me anymore, some that I have never had a chance to wear in the near past. Someone else will make good use of them.

I had not really noticed the issue of dress shoes or anything because I have been virtually living in black sweat pants and shirt. We are selling our house so I have been painting, cleaning, and sorting so I am forever in work clothes.
Closed Thread