Alternate IP plan?

• Is there a group for people following the Alternate Program? The one for diabetics I mean, not just using alternative products? I have searched and found a few threads but not really a group so to speak...thx.
  • I am
    Posted a message yesterday and a new post but no one responded. So I guess the Alternate protocol just isn't as looked at as the regular one.

But I am around 3 weeks in.

Good luck.
  • Yes I saw your post!! Too bad, I was hoping there would be more.
  • Just a suggestion---maybe rename your thread so that it stands apart from the threads for alternative-to-IP products? Best of luck!
  • Could be my mistake?
    Quote: Is there a group for people following the Alternate Program? The one for diabetics I mean, not just using alternative products? I have searched and found a few threads but not really a group so to speak...thx.
    I wonder if I caused the confusion ? Sorry.. When I saw this thread I thought alternative products, and I see how alternate IP program is different. Thank you for enlightening me. BTW I started my first week using the alternate plan. I saw the weight coming off and got more into the regular IP plan. Although I'm not diabetic, it seemed "healthier" in my "mind". I wish I had more information for you! But I did see my weight go down . Good luck to you!
  • The distinction to avoid confusion is alternative PRODUCTS vs alternative PLAN

Using alt products (usually just called alternatives) is VERY common and there's a whole thread about it

The alternative plan includes a fruit, a starch, and a dairy serving daily and you don't reach ketosis, also lose weight slower but it is considered safer for some health conditions, including any kidney disfunction.
  • Quote: The distinction to avoid confusion is alternative PRODUCTS vs alternative PLAN

Using alt products (usually just called alternatives) is VERY common and there's a whole thread about it

The alternative plan includes a fruit, a starch, and a dairy serving daily and you don't reach ketosis, also lose weight slower but it is considered safer for some health conditions, including any kidney disfunction.
    Thank you, great explanation !
  • I am following the alternative plan because I am still breastfeeding. It would be great to be in contact with others who are also following this.

I did IP alternative plan about 3 years ago also while I was breastfeeding and had good results. Once I was done breastfeeding I did go on the normal plan and found it to be much easier. I am sure because I was actually in ketosis.