Old 01-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 245.6/CW 203/GW 170

Unhappy Rough week...

Throughout the entire time I have been doing IP, things could not have been going better. However, this past week was a different story...

For one thing, I got hooked on the Nashua Nutrition website, and went overboard a couple of days with the packets. They were unrestricted, but there were days where I had 4 in a day instead of the required 3. I was just hungry all the time, and I think a large part of that was because I didn't drink enough water. No where nearly enough for this diet. Those were errors I made and can change, however, there was one more thing that happened this week that can't be fixed.

I received some bad news on Thursday morning that threw everything out of whack. My cousin in Germany lost her month and a half old baby boy, and it's been heartbreaking. It's been tough to stay on track, even though I have, but there have been times where I just wanted to do whatever. A friend of mine says when you go thru a loss like that (and this one impacted me a lot), it throws your body for a loop.

Hopefully, next week will be a little better...
scottysgirl7682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #2  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

So sorry to hear this. Things like this definitely throw us off balance. Feel your emotions, but don't let them destroy what you've worked so hard for.

Thoughts and hugs for you and your family!
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Sorry for this loss and the hard time you are going through. Keeping yourself in check is the best thing you can do. Doing whatever won't bring him back nor will it help your cousin deal with it. Sorry if I sound cold, I am not trying to be that way. I have been doing this for almost 3 yrs now and anyone who knows me and has followed me knows I speak from my heart and speak the truth.

Emotional eating is a lot of everyone's problem, once you can control it and learn to deal with it, things get better. Stay positive, things happen for a reason and I believe that with my whole heart. Hugs
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #4  

Oh, I know that. He's in God's care now, but I still miss seeing my cousin posting more pictures of his smiling face on Facebook. I mean, she's still young, she could very well have another if she wants, but he could never be replaced.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/See ticker /135

Height: 5'3"

This is a tough this your family is going through. My brother lost his daughter due to lukemia and it was especially hard on them and I felt that pain because I live in Florida and they live in Michigan. I wasn't able to be there for him and it was tearing me up. Distance can be super hard when you want to be close to those that need you.
Keep your faith and a positive outlook....... you have your goal to achieve and you now have a little angel watching over you. Time will heal the pain and determination will help you reach your goals.
Steppy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #6  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

If it makes you feel any better at all, I have friends that go to a clinic that has everyone on 4 packets a day, no matter your weight. As long as you aren't doing 2 restricteds in a day, you might not have done too much damage.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Thinking of you and your family. It s so hard when someone we love dies, and I can't imagine the of a child. Feel your feelings and be gentle with yourself.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:49 PM   #8  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Scottysgirl - so sorry for your family's loss. My heart goes out to you.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:24 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
If it makes you feel any better at all, I have friends that go to a clinic that has everyone on 4 packets a day, no matter your weight. As long as you aren't doing 2 restricteds in a day, you might not have done too much damage.
Hmm, well thats good to know. I try my best to not have more than one restriction, but dont want to take any chances on having more than 3 unrestricted. It seems like every time i hit 31 pounds, i start to gain it back. Thats what happened with WW both times, and it seems like its happening now I'm praying the 3rd time is a charm....
Old 01-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default 4 packets

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottysgirl7682 View Post
Hmm, well thats good to know. I try my best to not have more than one restriction, but dont want to take any chances on having more than 3 unrestricted. It seems like every time i hit 31 pounds, i start to gain it back. Thats what happened with WW both times, and it seems like its happening now I'm praying the 3rd time is a charm....
First of all, I am so sorry that you are going through such a tough time and lost a family member. It is hard to put one' mind together when faced with that sorrow.

I do not know what the official protocol is in regards to 4 packets, but I know what has worked for me which is the regular 3 packets. Why?

Personally, I am worried that adding bits and pieces here and there are the beginning of going down a slippery slope. I know that others have different philosophies that work for them, but I stick to the program to ensure my highest success.

In regards to the restricted, I just stay away from them for the most part. I read how much people love the Quest bars, but I know me. If I have them in the house, they will probably get eaten too often and will call out to me in the middle of the night.

That is only me but your concern that you may start to regain if you have too many restricted says that maybe that is a wise thing for you to consider. Part of the battle is mental and if you start doubting your progress because of restricted items, then maybe if might help if you listen to that?

Last edited by schenectady; 01-22-2014 at 10:22 AM.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #11  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

scottysgirl: I never understood "emotional" eating, or when people would say they self medicated with food. My family had a very traumatic event occur a couple of years ago and it flat out knocked me down. I literally fell to the floor when the news was delivered to me and it has been a very difficult 2 1/2 years dealing with what has happened. I won't go into specifics, but I found that each time I became upset and emotional over this event I would eat something. I didn't even realize I was doing it at first, and one day it hit me. I had become an emotional eater.

While I had no control over the things that were happening in my family, I did have control over how I treated my body. The only thing eating did was add another thing to feel bad about. I ended up even more depressed as I gained weight.

I know that this is a hard thing to go through. If you allow this to be a reason that you derail your weight loss you will continue to let other things do the same. I know it is difficult, I am sorry for your family's loss and it truly is sad. Even sadder is if you let it impact you even more by going off track. You truly can control what you do moving forward. Instead of hoping next week is better, you can make it better. I know you can do this, because I did it as well.

It doesn't mean every day will be great. It just means you have the strength to meet it head on and deal with things in a healthier way. The more you exercise that control, the easier it gets. Hang in there!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
scottysgirl: I never understood "emotional" eating, or when people would say they self medicated with food. My family had a very traumatic event occur a couple of years ago and it flat out knocked me down. I literally fell to the floor when the news was delivered to me and it has been a very difficult 2 1/2 years dealing with what has happened. I won't go into specifics, but I found that each time I became upset and emotional over this event I would eat something. I didn't even realize I was doing it at first, and one day it hit me. I had become an emotional eater.

While I had no control over the things that were happening in my family, I did have control over how I treated my body. The only thing eating did was add another thing to feel bad about. I ended up even more depressed as I gained weight.

I know that this is a hard thing to go through. If you allow this to be a reason that you derail your weight loss you will continue to let other things do the same. I know it is difficult, I am sorry for your family's loss and it truly is sad. Even sadder is if you let it impact you even more by going off track. You truly can control what you do moving forward. Instead of hoping next week is better, you can make it better. I know you can do this, because I did it as well.

It doesn't mean every day will be great. It just means you have the strength to meet it head on and deal with things in a healthier way. The more you exercise that control, the easier it gets. Hang in there!
Beautiful Dak...and you speak from the heart and so it has much credibility.
Thanks for sharing something personal and for reminding us all there is really no reason to not be in control of what and how much we eat.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #13  

Quote:

Thanx again for your advice and kind words, everyone. I have to admit, I would be an emotional eater, but never really realized it myself. When I started this diet, it became something I had better control of, and have done my best to not go back to that, because that's what made me overweight and unhappy to begin with. And I didn't want to be that way anymore. I almost went back to that last Thursday, but decided not because I knew I would regret it if I did. I realized that you can't just give up riding your bicycle if you fall off. You get up off the ground, dust yourself off, and get back on, and that's what I'm doing.

Last edited by scottysgirl7682; 01-22-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #14  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:

Such wise words Dak - thank you.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #15  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottysgirl7682 View Post
Thanx again for your advice and kind words, everyone. I have to admit, I would be an emotional eater, but never really realized it myself. When I started this diet, it became something I had better control of, and have done my best to not go back to that, because that's what made me overweight and unhappy to begin with. And I didn't want to be that way anymore. I almost went back to that last Thursday, but decided not because I knew I would regret it if I did. I realized that you can't just give up riding your bicycle if you fall off. You get up off the ground, dust yourself off, and get back on, and that's what I'm doing.
Look at you! You got this! You "dusted yourself off"! The great thing about this site is that it shows how much we have in common. Always know you can discuss your concerns and challenges and we are here to let you know you aren't alone. This site has been a great source of support to me. 65, Ruth Ann, Lisa, many others, are all hear to listen and help when we can and give you a kick in the butt when needed. Look at Wuv2bloved and the amazing journey she has been on. This shows that it is possible. You will soon be looking back at this journey from the end of P1 and marveling at how much you have accomplished as well.

Last edited by dak1lls; 01-22-2014 at 02:53 PM.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote