3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #31
maintaining since 9/2013
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,252

S/C/G: 244/148/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Default

Just googled & answered my own question -- pickling in vinegar does NOT have probiotic benefits. I love Paulie's pickles so will just use them as IP-friendly treat and find another probiotic source.

Last edited by mars735 : 01-20-2014 at 01:29 PM.
mars735 is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Bellamack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 1,795

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Hello!

Everyone is doing well, sick of this snow and cold ( and it is only January), the winters seem so long, the older I get.

Will check in tonight for lisa's saurkraut recipe
__________________
Bellamack is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #33
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 839

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

I am so happy to report this morning that my SIL is on her first day of maintenance! She started IP after seeing the progress I was making. I told her I would be happy to be her "coach" and she has lost 54 lbs! It is so gratifying that I could inspire her to do this!!!!!

My baby sister just placed her first order at Nashua Nutrition, and will be starting soon as well. She has tried the Trim Shakes and is currently on a diet that I can't remember the name of, but is three letters; HCG? Not sure. Anyway, she has lost some weight on this current diet, but said she is STARVING and always craving. She read off the ingredients on her powdered mix and it is really, really high in carbs. She can have fruit as well.

As I mentioned to her, you can lose weight with any diet, but some may be more miserable than others. IP will help you to stop those bad cravings, lose weight and burn fat. She said she has not burned any tummy fat on the current diet. I think that is the biggest difference I see with my weight loss this time, I melted the fat off all over!

I am really hoping she does this! I can't wait to see her be successful!
__________________

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
dak1lls is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 914

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

Today when I went grocery shopping, I felt as if I was being channeled by people like Lisa and 65X65.

Their wise advise is planted in my brain and as I was shopping today, I saw grapeseed oil, which 65X65 recommended for using in hot pans in lieu of olive oil. In my cart. Perusing meat section, 3 pounds ground turkey on great sale. In my basket and now on the stove cooking to measure and make my protein for any number of meals. Planning.....

Thanks guys!
__________________


schenectady is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #35
maintaining since 9/2013
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,252

S/C/G: 244/148/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I am so happy to report this morning that my SIL is on her first day of maintenance! She started IP after seeing the progress I was making. I told her I would be happy to be her "coach" and she has lost 54 lbs! It is so gratifying that I could inspire her to do this!!!!!

My baby sister just placed her first order at Nashua Nutrition, and will be starting soon as well. She has tried the Trim Shakes and is currently on a diet that I can't remember the name of, but is three letters; HCG? Not sure. Anyway, she has lost some weight on this current diet, but said she is STARVING and always craving. She read off the ingredients on her powdered mix and it is really, really high in carbs. She can have fruit as well.

As I mentioned to her, you can lose weight with any diet, but some may be more miserable than others. IP will help you to stop those bad cravings, lose weight and burn fat. She said she has not burned any tummy fat on the current diet. I think that is the biggest difference I see with my weight loss this time, I melted the fat off all over!

I am really hoping she does this! I can't wait to see her be successful!
Love your before & after pics. You look amazing.
mars735 is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #36
:)
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 978

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

I bought a turnip today while grocery shopping... Going to attempt turnip fries tonight... Any suggestions?
__________________
shrinkingsusie is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,622

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I bought a turnip today while grocery shopping... Going to attempt turnip fries tonight... Any suggestions?
Yum! I slice in fry-shapes pieces, microwave for 5 minutes to start the cooking process (they are very hard and will burn before becoming soft, in my attempts) spread on a foil lined cookie sheet, mist with olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder and bake for 35 minutes at 325*. I stir every so often.
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #38
:)
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 978

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Yum! I slice in fry-shapes pieces, microwave for 5 minutes to start the cooking process (they are very hard and will burn before becoming soft, in my attempts) spread on a foil lined cookie sheet, mist with olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder and bake for 35 minutes at 325*. I stir every so often.
Thanks!! I wasn't sure to boil them first but microwave is easier!
__________________
shrinkingsusie is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #39
IP started 12/17/2013
 
ssubert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: east of Seattle
Posts: 52

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

Default

Schenectady, my weight before having son (1984) was about 165 and that is about what I weighed in high school. I know I weighed 173 at 21.

I'm so glad that my coach put my goal at 163. That feels like something that I can maintain.
Congrats on your weight loss.
ssubert is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,622

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Thanks!! I wasn't sure to boil them first but microwave is easier!
I used to boil them but I'm lazy
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #41
maintaining since 9/2013
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,252

S/C/G: 244/148/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Yum! I slice in fry-shapes pieces, microwave for 5 minutes to start the cooking process (they are very hard and will burn before becoming soft, in my attempts) spread on a foil lined cookie sheet, mist with olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder and bake for 35 minutes at 325*. I stir every so often.
Thanks for posting this IPN--wish I'd tuned in before I just made jicama fries this am.

Someone else posted that he coats his veggie fries with a little egg white to crisp them up. Can't wait to re-try with the microwave idea.
mars735 is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 914

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

ssubert thank you for your kind words about my weight loss so far. I am so revved up right now I am pushing for hitting half way for weigh in in a week. I only "need" 2 pounds more for that.

I will follow you 1)because you area about the same height and 2)your goal is close to mine and I will be curious as to how you feel at the weight and 3)you live somewhere in the Pacific NW, like me.

Today, I am in HEAVEN. As a treat for finishing paint coat #5 on paneling on the staircase (argh!) I decided to take some extra time making my breakfast. I took my blender and water, ice, Starbucks Via package, a Nashua Nutrition Swiss chocolate pudding/shake package and a dollop of Walden Farms marshmallow crème. I feel like I am being naughty - it is that good!

Virtual is its own reward but man, this drink feels like one, too!
__________________



Last edited by schenectady : 01-20-2014 at 03:36 PM.
schenectady is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #43
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 839

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Love your before & after pics. You look amazing.
Thank you for the nice compliment!
__________________

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
dak1lls is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #44
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 8

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'6

Default

Hello to you all! I'm new to IP and have lost 5.8 this week, plus I had a super stressful Friday and didn't eat my emotions! I want to say I read your posts and you all have helped me navigate my way in the past week. Thanks for all the help and inspiration!!!
RescueAnnie is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #45
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,440

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Bubbies is a bit pricey! Have you posted your sauerkraut recipe anywhere that I could view?
I just googled homemade sauerkraut when I first did it.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/25/2012 rissimo Ideal Protein Diet 81 10-26-2012 12:53 AM
IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/2/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 217 05-03-2012 03:27 AM
IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/26/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 202 01-27-2012 10:41 AM
IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/25/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 230 01-26-2012 05:48 PM
IP Daily Chat Monday 1/9/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 171 01-10-2012 10:04 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2