3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/18 - Sun 1/19/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291786-ip-weekend-chat-sat-1-18-sun-1-19-2014-a.html)

lisa32989 01-18-2014 08:44 AM

IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/18 - Sun 1/19/2014

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

lisa32989 01-18-2014 08:45 AM

Good Morning!
Sorry I'm late.
Today is DH's birthday and we went out with some friends LATE last nite

I had to do something I haven't had to do in a LONG time. My friend, who has been SUPER supportive of my journey, kept pressuring me to have one drink. I finally said to her, "Why do you want to attempt to derail me?" She stopped and apologized. But wow. Sometimes people just don't think. What I choose to put in my body or not put in my body is so totally NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!

My avatar pic (at left, in the pink) is an edit of a pic of DH and I in FL in December. I showed the same friend that (whole) pic and she said, "Wow, Lisa, you are so little. I don't think your head matches your body anymore."

This friend always has a lot of insight and perhaps some clairvoyance, as well. She gave me some ideas and some exercises to give the "old body" back to the universe. She thinks that is why I've been stuck (I'm not sure I've even discussed the stall with her - she just always seems to know stuff people haven't told her). Anyway, last spring on this forum, there was a conversation about being stuck/stalled at a weight due to not letting go of a life event/etc that occurred at that weight.

I had a private chat with someone about fear yesterday (damn scale). So now I'll be doing some work on letting go of whatever it is that I'm holding on to, that's holding the weight on me.

Whoever thinks it is ALL about calories in/calories out is definitely not in my camp.
I'm ramblimg. Hope I'm making a modicum of sense for someone!

shrinkingsusie 01-18-2014 08:54 AM

Omg, today I am in Ideal Protein heaven... I made a chai tea last night but didn't feel like finishing it so I threw it in the fridge... This morning I put the rest of that and a scoop of my vanilla leanfit protein powder from Costco into the magic bullet... DELICIOUS! I think this will be my new breakfast every day... Tastes just like the vanilla chai tea latte from McDonalds without the billion calories! Tomorrow I'm going to add some crushed ice!

Hiker88 01-18-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4922328)
Good Morning!

I had to so something I haven't had to do in a LONG time. My friend, who has been SUPER supportive of my journey, kept pressuring me to have one drink. I finally said to her, "Why do you want to attempt to derail me?" She stopped and apologized. But wow. Sometimes people just don't think. What I choose to put in my body or not put in my body is so totally NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!

She probably didn't even think of it that way and you helped her realize what she was doing! It can be hard to say but good for you for sticking to your guns!

dlr9774 01-18-2014 08:58 AM

Feeling great today, off with the kids on an adventure! I made a mini loaf for myself using the IP vanilla drink mix and one of the expired pudding the girl sold me and guess what, this loaf didn't fall/drop. I have made about 7 loafs (in the mini loaf tin) and about 5 have dropped, still good like bread or a muffin! All you fellow IPer's have a great IP OP day. Debbie

IdealProteinNewbie 01-18-2014 09:01 AM

Quote:

Good Morning!
Sorry I'm late.
Today is DH's birthday and we went out with some friends LATE last nite

I had to do something I haven't had to do in a LONG time. My friend, who has been SUPER supportive of my journey, kept pressuring me to have one drink. I finally said to her, "Why do you want to attempt to derail me?" She stopped and apologized. But wow. Sometimes people just don't think. What I choose to put in my body or not put in my body is so totally NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!

Good for you standing up for yourself...proud of you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4922335)
Omg, today I am in Ideal Protein heaven... I made a chai tea last night but didn't feel like finishing it so I threw it in the fridge... This morning I put the rest of that and a scoop of my vanilla leanfit protein powder from Costco into the magic bullet... DELICIOUS! I think this will be my new breakfast every day... Tastes just like the vanilla chai tea latte from McDonalds without the billion calories! Tomorrow I'm going to add some crushed ice!

I have to get some chai tea bags. Never had it before but everyone keeps raving about it!

shrinkingsusie 01-18-2014 09:14 AM

Lisa, good for you for putting your foot down on the peer pressure, and I hope learning to let go of whatever you are holding on to helps!

The lowest I ever remember weighing is 160 lbs, and it is ingrained in my head, although I try to ignore it, that 160 is the lowest I will ever be able to weigh. When I did IP the first time, that was my goal, but decided this time to let it go and set my goal where I wanted, not where the little voice in the back of my head told me to. Our bodies are amazing things, and I strongly believe that your mind has the ability to affect the outcome of something, even if you are physically doing everything "right".

shrinkingsusie 01-18-2014 09:16 AM

IPN, the first time I had chai tea was in the latte from mcdonalds and I liked it so much I went and bought some tea bags. I like most teas, but this one seems more like a treat to me than a tea for some reason.

trynagn 01-18-2014 09:41 AM

Morning ladies
Has anyone used the cereal flakes in a recipe for anything? I'm thinking of using it crushed on some veggies like the I do with the omelet mix but I'm not very creative.

drd1961 01-18-2014 09:41 AM

It is so much more than calories in and calories out. People need to realize that before they judge!

We enjoyed Nebraska a lot, maybe because it is very Midwestern and quirky.

If it does not snow storm too much we will see Wolf of Wall Street this afternoon. Then hopefully watch Illinois beat Michigan State(sorry Lisa and doubtful it will happen anyway).

Started working on taxes this morning, bleh.

serlinr 01-18-2014 09:44 AM

If I buy a protein powder, can I just put it in my hot coffee?

The chai tea is a great idea! I put some cold coffee, ice, and syntrax nectar Oreo powder in blender. Just like a cookie crumble frappucino.

Ruth Ann 01-18-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Good Morning!

I had a private chat with someone about fear yesterday (damn scale). So now I'll be doing some work on letting go of whatever it is that I'm holding on to, that's holding the weight on me.

Whoever thinks it is ALL about calories in/calories out is definitely not in my camp.

Lisa: Wow - you must have read my mind. I realized yesterday that as I get closer to my goal I am way less excited and motivated than one would expect. Totally baffles me. I haven't derailed myself, but I've thought about it more than I would like. That part of my brain that says "oh, one won't hurt" that has been asleep for months has woken up again and is annoying the heck out of me.

I think I may be scared that I won't be able to maintain the loss without being on P1. I've been lurking in the maintainers thread and getting good ideas and a glimpse of how maintenance will be for me, but there's this irrational fear that the minute I stop P1 I'm somehow going to instantly regain all the weight.

I think recognizing that may be the key to keep it from happening. At least I hope so!

shrinkingsusie 01-18-2014 09:59 AM

So I was just browsing ideal protein on Instagram, and noticed an IP clinic in Dominican stole my progress pics and posted it on their Instagram... Not sure how I feel about this... In one way, it is kind of creepy, yet in another way, it's a nice compliment that they felt my progress was share-worthy. Lol

lisa32989 01-18-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4922394)
Lisa: Wow - you must have read my mind. I realized yesterday that as I get closer to my goal I am way less excited and motivated than one would expect. Totally baffles me. I haven't derailed myself, but I've thought about it more than I would like. That part of my brain that says "oh, one won't hurt" that has been asleep for months has woken up again and is annoying the heck out of me.

I think I may be scared that I won't be able to maintain the loss without being on P1. I've been lurking in the maintainers thread and getting good ideas and a glimpse of how maintenance will be for me, but there's this irrational fear that the minute I stop P1 I'm somehow going to instantly regain all the weight.

I think recognizing that may be the key to keep it from happening. At least I hope so!

Oh girl, I lurked there for MONTHS! I figure it is never too early to learn about the next step. And I have so many irrational fears. But many of them are not unfounded, since I've lost/gained 100 lbs in the past. So I have history of not maintaining. I'm still learning how to make this time different.

I've already pushed past the weight I hit "last time" (175) and I'm headed toward goal.

I have to tell you, I was SHOCKED when I pulled out my summer clothes for my trip and they fit. My "fat" head said that if I wasn't on P1, those clothes wouldn't fit. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with reality. It has everything to do with a completely distorted body image. I'd been maintaining since Halloween. All my other clothes still fit. But I was still surprised the same-size summer clothes fit. It was just a very weird feeling.

We really can live up to "self fulfilling prophecies". What we think we are, we will be. So, now my work is to learn how to stop thinking I'm fat!

Ruth Ann 01-18-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4922413)
So I was just browsing ideal protein on Instagram, and noticed an IP clinic in Dominican stole my progress pics and posted it on their Instagram... Not sure how I feel about this... In one way, it is kind of creepy, yet in another way, it's a nice compliment that they felt my progress was share-worthy. Lol

That is (in my opinion) kind of creepy. I mean, it is a compliment that they thought the pics were share-worthy but still....

I think I would ask them to take the photos down.

lighthouse101 01-18-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

I totally agree - if it was as easy as calories in/out, it wouldn't be such a struggle for so many people! Human beings are complex and I think everything that happens in our minds and bodies is tied together - so everyone is a bit different in how they work.

Interesting too that is seems everyone has an opinion about other people's weight/weight loss. It's my body for crying out loud! Yesterday I was at a gathering with some people I hadn't seen for a while and several people had something to say about how much more weight I should lose, that I need to tone up my arms, etc, etc. I was so taken aback by all the onslaught of unsolicited advice that I didn't even know how to respond!

And then someone I barely know who wasn't a part of that conversation asked me when my baby was due! She was totally shocked when I told her I'm not pregnant. As someone who has a lot of body image issues to start with, I couldn't help being disheartened that I'm still getting comments like that after losing a bunch of weight. Apparently I have a ways to go before I'm not suspect to people's blunt and rude comments about my belly fat.

Thanks all for letting me have a rant this morning. :stress:

shrinkingsusie 01-18-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4922417)
That is (in my opinion) kind of creepy. I mean, it is a compliment that they thought the pics were share-worthy but still....

I think I would ask them to take the photos down.

Yeah, creepy outweighed flattery, so I asked them to remove them.

ColoradoCarol 01-18-2014 10:21 AM

Happy Saturday all. I woke up with a better mood today. All is good in IP land but work has, and will most likely continue to be, very stressful. It is a long story is my supervisor is worthless. Half of our team (me and 2 others) are totally swamped with work. The other half of the team - not nearly as busy. We have been asking for a realigns of the workload for quite a long time and he just won't do it.

Ok - rant over. Thanks I needed that. :)

Anyway, at least I can control IP. Looking forward to the 3 day weekend (Monday is MLK holiday). Chores today, Broncos/Patriots game tomorrow (GO BRONCOS!) and spending time with a friend Monday.

Ruth Ann 01-18-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4922415)
We really can live up to "self fulfilling prophecies". What we think we are, we will be. So, now my work is to learn how to stop thinking I'm fat!

Exactly Lisa! When I look in the mirror I don't always see the good stuff - just the parts I still need to work on! At the same time, sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself and think "damn, I look good!" Working on retraining my brain... it takes time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4922419)
And then someone I barely know who wasn't a part of that conversation asked me when my baby was due! She was totally shocked when I told her I'm not pregnant. As someone who has a lot of body image issues to start with, I couldn't help being disheartened that I'm still getting comments like that after losing a bunch of weight. Apparently I have a ways to go before I'm not suspect to people's blunt and rude comments about my belly fat.

How rude! I hope a withering, disgusted look was on your face when you responded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4922421)
Yeah, creepy outweighed flattery, so I asked them to remove them.

Good for you! I hope they do so.

Hiker88 01-18-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

lighthouse I hate it when I can't think of what to say till an hour later! You should have said 'hasn't anyone ever told you to NEVER ask if someone is pregnant unless you know the answer!' It was very rude!! Don't kid yourself... if people were telling you about toning etc...they definitely have noticed your weight loss, they just didn't go about discussing it in an encouraging way... Go look in the mirror and see how good you are looking! I will always be bottom heavy no matter how much weight I lose but I'm 43yrs old and no longer think I need to look like a super model... all I know is when I look in the mirror after a shower I see a smaller version of myself and it doesn't look half bad! Pat yourself on the back... I guarantee
you are looking good... take the time to appreciate what you have accomplished and recognize that people are people and there a rude ones everywhere!

Slipfree 01-18-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

I totally agree - if it was as easy as calories in/out, it wouldn't be such a struggle for so many people! Human beings are complex and I think everything that happens in our minds and bodies is tied together - so everyone is a bit different in how they work.

Interesting too that is seems everyone has an opinion about other people's weight/weight loss. It's my body for crying out loud! Yesterday I was at a gathering with some people I hadn't seen for a while and several people had something to say about how much more weight I should lose, that I need to tone up my arms, etc, etc. I was so taken aback by all the onslaught of unsolicited advice that I didn't even know how to react.

Lighthouse, I am so sorry that those people do not have a lick of sense or any tact! Please do not let them affect your strength and self concept. You are doing a fantastic thing for your health. I would dismiss their comments based on the source.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4922358)
The lowest I ever remember weighing is 160 lbs, and it is ingrained in my head, although I try to ignore it, that 160 is the lowest I will ever be able to weigh. When I did IP the first time, that was my goal, but decided this time to let it go and set my goal where I wanted, not where the little voice in the back of my head told me to. Our bodies are amazing things, and I strongly believe that your mind has the ability to affect the outcome of something, even if you are physically doing everything "right".

I am currently at the weight I was for most of my adult life and am experiencing a mini slow down with weight loss. I do believe that our bodies have set points and memory. I am just focusing on staying OP, listening to the physical signs of my body (thanks 65x65) and moving forward.

ColoradoCarol, my work was very stressful this week too. And I had to white knuckle it through my irritation and desire for cheddar restricted last night. Instead, I took down all the Christmas decor and started redecorating my living room to go with the new chairs. Food can never again be the answer to stress caused by other people for me. If I am going to indulge in the future, it will be for joyous reasons.

lisa32989 01-18-2014 11:00 AM

I swear to god the next time someone takes it upon themselves to talk about my weight, unsolicited, I'm going to ask them if it is okay to talk about their weight GAIN!
That should stop it.

People just don't realize how RUDE they are. If it needs to be back in their face. I'll do it.

This week, someone who has recently gained a bunch of weight said to me, "well, it looks like you're maintaining your loss"
Really? Your biz how?
Let's talk about YOU!

Jennagain 01-18-2014 11:13 AM

Reading these posts definitely helps.
Being on the weight loss/gain roller coaster of life there's nothing worse than someone asking me when I'm due, or asking how the baby's doing. I now just answer-I'm not pregnant - I'm fat. Only because the look on their face resembles how I feel when asked. It sucks.
This is a life long journey I have realized with no easy answer. I feel so much better already with IP, and see so many options with food choices now I look forward to it. I have made this commitment to myself this time, and knowing I'm not alone is definitely motivation! (And accountability!) :)

BuffieLynn 01-18-2014 11:15 AM

Wow Lisa, it always amazes me how that green-eyed monster, Envy can cause people to behave. They become jealous on top of their personal misery and just take verbal "swings" at us.

And then I believe many are ignorant and have no clue how ignorant they are. You are an inspiration to so many of us. Glad you shared...it helped me realize these people are in all our lives.

Justine17 01-18-2014 11:26 AM

Good morning

Since I started IP I have been following 100% and have felt so great about it. Last night my parents stop by and brought supper they know I'm on IP so they where trying to be supportive so they brought salads. Only problem was they had some shredded cheese on it. Because I know they where trying hard to support me I didn't want to make a big deal, so I ate it anyways. I ended up laying in bed last night and all I could think about was the stupid cheese. I'm so upset with myself for going off plan. How do you all deal with situations like these?

lisa32989 01-18-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justine17 (Post 4922475)
Good morning

Since I started IP I have been following 100% and have felt so great about it. Last night my parents stop by and brought supper they know I'm on IP so they where trying to be supportive so they brought salads. Only problem was they had some shredded cheese on it. Because I know they where trying hard to support me I didn't want to make a big deal, so I ate it anyways. I ended up laying in bed last night and all I could think about was the stupid cheese. I'm so upset with myself for going off plan. How do you all deal with situations like these?

Move on. Next meal is 100% OP. One bite of cheese won't be a derailment unless you allow it to be.
And next time if people are bringing food, be sure they know ALL of your requirements, or pull something different out of the fridge to eat.

Hiker88 01-18-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justine17 (Post 4922475)
Good morning

There wouldn't have been enough on the salad to put you out of Ketosis. When this has happened to me I try to discreetly shuffle the cheese to the side, or take it to the kitchen and pick out when no one's looking! Just carry on and come up with strategies for next time!

Justine17 01-18-2014 11:47 AM

Thanks for the advise. I think that's the big thing for me I have to learn to let go of small missteps. In the past something like that would totally derail me. I'm going to try my best to just let go and do my best today.

Peanut36 01-18-2014 11:52 AM

Just joined this forum. This is my second week on Ideal Protein and I'm looking forward to the support and recipes on this site.

Slipfree 01-18-2014 11:59 AM

Welcome Peanut!

blondie739 01-18-2014 12:06 PM

My third weigh in is TOMORROW and I don't know why I'm so nervous. I have been 100% OP but have always slowed weigh down with my weight loss in the 3rd week. Anyone else have this kind of experience? Or has it been different with IP?

Sashadee 01-18-2014 12:10 PM

I can really relate with all of these posts right now. Work this week was rough, especially yesterday. I was working with someone who was not pulling their weight and forcing me to pick up the slack (I work in a hospital and peoples lives are in the balance) and when I asked for help he started laughing at me and telling me that I needed to work hard to make more money. I have never in my life been closer to blowing up at a co-worker. I actually had to remove myself from the situation.

Not to mention that I think my supervisor is on a personal crusade to give us all diabetes. He brought in Donuts yesterday and Frosties the day before.

And I am so over hearing everyone's opinions on what they think I should be eating. One woman looked at me in abject horror when I told her I wasn't eating carbs and proceeded to lecture me on the virtues of brown rice and whole grains. I just have to smile and nod. Good lord almighty.

Whew. Sorry for the rant.

jendilly 01-18-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondie739 (Post 4922519)
My third weigh in is TOMORROW and I don't know why I'm so nervous. I have been 100% OP but have always slowed weigh down with my weight loss in the 3rd week. Anyone else have this kind of experience? Or has it been different with IP?

My 3rd WI was this week as well, and yes it was less than the previous weeks. Lost 9 the first week, 4 the second and then 1.6 this week. But as long as the scale is moving down, that's fine! It's normal to have a big drop at first and it's also normal to have some slower weeks. All part of the process. I'm sure you will have lost inches, too. I'm learning to not just look at the scale as the ultimate indicator, but also at how I am feeling overall. I get nervous/anxious/excited for WI, too...but you have to remember that it's just what you are weighing at that moment and the scale will fluctuate. As long as your are staying OP you are doing great! Good luck...and relax!

blondie739 01-18-2014 12:16 PM

Thank you jendilly, I needed to hear that! I have a very long history of eating issues so I tend to get stuck on the number aspect and forget there is so much more to focus on!

lisa32989 01-18-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

After the first couple of weeks, you've dropped most of the water so after that you get smaller losses b/c more of it is ONLY fat.
This is why losses are bigger at first.
Cut the carbs and the inflammation (water weight) diminishes immediately!

ThisGirlIsOnFire 01-18-2014 12:45 PM

I'm new to this forum & find all of your info, stories, tips & progress very helpful! Thank you for sharing. Very motivated!

bythesea52 01-18-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sashadee (Post 4922524)
I can really relate with all of these posts right now. Work this week was rough, especially yesterday. I was working with someone who was not pulling their weight and forcing me to pick up the slack (I work in a hospital and peoples lives are in the balance) and when I asked for help he started laughing at me and telling me that I needed to work hard to make more money. I have never in my life been closer to blowing up at a co-worker. I actually had to remove myself from the situation.

Not to mention that I think my supervisor is on a personal crusade to give us all diabetes. He brought in Donuts yesterday and Frosties the day before.

And I am so over hearing everyone's opinions on what they think I should be eating. One woman looked at me in abject horror when I told her I wasn't eating carbs and proceeded to lecture me on the virtues of brown rice and whole grains. I just have to smile and nod. Good lord almighty.

Whew. Sorry for the rant.

Sending :hug: your way!! Sometimes people can make you :dizzy: You are doing great!!

Good Morning/afternoon everyone,

Hope you all have a great weekend! Cold and rain/snow mixture here. I have a bit of a cold, so drinking warm things!!

:hug: to you all!!

bythesea52 01-18-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut36 (Post 4922501)
Just joined this forum. This is my second week on Ideal Protein and I'm looking forward to the support and recipes on this site.

:welcome2: you will do great!!

lighthouse101 01-18-2014 01:10 PM

Hey, thanks to all for your responses and support! I am always motivated and refreshed on these boards. Feeling good about the choices we are making to take care of ourselves outweighs the junk and unsupportive comments some people are determined to throw our way during the process.

mars735 01-18-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

I'm ALWAYS nervous about weigh-ins, period! So much so that I will cut out water all day and practically fast before an afternoon weigh in. Then the combined hunger & relief lead to binging on IP treats on the way home from the weigh-in. Weighing is necessary to get to goal but it's a double-edged sword. I'm weighing but trying to focus on the NSV, clothes size, and improved mental clarity that come with IP success--and I do mean trying ; )