Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #121  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

So much for my family eating healthy. They just cooked up a big pan of pizza rolls and I think taquitos are next. They smell good, but I will NOT even dream of eating one. I'll just enjoy the smell and leave it at that. I need to cook up something yummy to enjoy to mask the smell...thinking I might try the zucchini muffins but with a pudding packet. Any recommendations for the best?
Old 01-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #122  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
IPN, the first time I had chai tea was in the latte from mcdonalds and I liked it so much I went and bought some tea bags. I like most teas, but this one seems more like a treat to me than a tea for some reason.
Numi Honeybush with some stevia and ginger powder or juice...heaven!
Old 01-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #123  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefnrod View Post
so lettuce does not count towards your 2 cups of veggies right?
That is correct
Old 01-19-2014, 03:38 PM   #124  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizliz View Post
Lisa and 65x65...I look specifically for your comments as a new person to IP because you both share so much wisdom. As someone who has successfully lost weight before in other programs I understand how hurtful the unfiltered mouths of friends, acquaintances, strangers, and even family members can be. It helps me to remember:
1. Someone else's opinion of me is none of my business.
2. Just because someone asks a question doesn't mean I have to answer it.
3. What someone else says or does is not nearly as important as my reaction to it. Their praise or criticism does not determine what I put in my mouth. I am the only one who is responsible for that.

This is my second week of IP so I have a long way to go here. You women show me that some things still haven't changed in the successful weight loss world. Reading about your experiences remind me that the minefield is still out there but we can get through it.
Pure Wisdom! Thank you!
Old 01-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #125  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Hello all!
I hope everyone has as good of a Saturday as I have had! I was in my
best friends wedding today! I also successfully used the Chocolate Pancake mix to make two mini muffins to take to the wedding so I could enjoy the "desserts" with them. The wedding was so beautiful, and elegant, yet simple!
Here is my dress from the wedding (and a few other photos, such as when I caught the bouquet
You are gorgeous!
Old 01-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bythesea52 View Post
Fantastic job!!!

You are such an incredibly supportive person
Awww, shucks, you make me blush! Thank you for the kind words. They mean a lot to me.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #127  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Couple of quick questions...I hope you don't mind repeating yourselves!

In terms of a breath freshener, I know Spry is recommended. Is there anything else anyone has found that is allowed that I can find in the store?

I noticed on the protocol sheet that it says "bell peppers." I vaguely remember my coach (I'm doing alternatives now) discouraging red and yellow peppers. Anyone have any input?

A few times I have sautéed veggies on the stove using some olive oil (usually portobello, zuchinni or spinach for omelettes). However, I know olive oil shouldn't really be used to cook with due to the low smoke point. What's your take? It's soooo delicious and an easy way for me to get the olive oil and veggies in, but I don't want to cause harm.

Thanks everyone!
Old 01-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #128  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN4Babies View Post

In terms of a breath freshener, I know Spry is recommended. Is there anything else anyone has found that is allowed that I can find in the store?

I noticed on the protocol sheet that it says "bell peppers." I vaguely remember my coach (I'm doing alternatives now) discouraging red and yellow peppers. Anyone have any input?

A few times I have sautéed veggies on the stove using some olive oil (usually portobello, zuchinni or spinach for omelettes). However, I know olive oil shouldn't really be used to cook with due to the low smoke point. What's your take? It's soooo delicious and an easy way for me to get the olive oil and veggies in, but I don't want to cause harm.

Thanks everyone!
Hi there!

I don't have much info about breath fresheners. We use Listerine strips, and they were coach-approved. Also, re: the peppers- hubby's coach just recommended mixing the colors up; don't stick with one color all the time.

As for cooking with olive oil, we do it all the time. Just watch your heat. Remember, though, you are not always ingesting the oil that you cook with, so add some to your meals to make sure you are getting your daily allotment.

Renee
Old 01-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #129  

Quote:

Thanks everyone!
Binaca breathe freshener works
All bell peppers are fine
Sautéing in evoo fine. Don't want to "fry" in it, but we don't fry anyway.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Omg, today I am in Ideal Protein heaven... I made a chai tea last night but didn't feel like finishing it so I threw it in the fridge... This morning I put the rest of that and a scoop of my vanilla leanfit protein powder from Costco into the magic bullet... DELICIOUS! I think this will be my new breakfast every day... Tastes just like the vanilla chai tea latte from McDonalds without the billion calories! Tomorrow I'm going to add some crushed ice!
Thanks for the great idea. I will definitely try that one. I love Chai Tea Lattes! My husband calls them a "cookie in a cup."

Last edited by Vippysue; 01-19-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Evening,

Deana, pretty pics!

So much wisdom, love reading the posts
Old 01-19-2014, 07:45 PM   #132  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:

Thanks everyone!
Have you tried grape seed oil? I switched to that and it's great for sautéing. Of course there are some recipes that call for evoo, but grape seed could be a good alternative and has a slightly higher smoke point.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Have you tried grape seed oil? I switched to that and it's great for sautéing. Of course there are some recipes that call for evoo, but grape seed could be a good alternative and has a slightly higher smoke point.
The chef who teaches a number of cooking classes we have taken puts it simply. #1 don't sauté with olive oil. The heat changes the fat in olive oil to transfat. Quickly.
#2 heat your pan FIRST. Then add the oil for sauté. Then your food.

Grape seed is a much better choice for healthy cooking.

Add your olive oil with seasonings to finished steamed veggies or salad!

Bon appetite!
Old 01-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #134  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
The chef who teaches a number of cooking classes we have taken puts it simply. #1 don't sauté with olive oil. The heat changes the fat in olive oil to transfat. Quickly.
#2 heat your pan FIRST. Then add the oil for sauté. Then your food.

Grape seed is a much better choice for healthy cooking.

Add your olive oil with seasonings to finished steamed veggies or salad!

Bon appetite!
Yes, I learned this from a chef as well! I went to one of Chef Verati's IP cooking workshops and switched to grape seed after that. Tastes just as good!
Old 01-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #135  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Thank you all for your responses. Would it be permitable to sub a tablespoon of olive oil for grape seed oil on occasion? I had no idea it changes the fat to transfat! Good grief! Thanks for the heads up, 65x65!
Closed Thread