Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 175/152.6/113

Height: 5'

Lisa and 65x65...I look specifically for your comments as a new person to IP because you both share so much wisdom. As someone who has successfully lost weight before in other programs I understand how hurtful the unfiltered mouths of friends, acquaintances, strangers, and even family members can be. It helps me to remember:
1. Someone else's opinion of me is none of my business.
2. Just because someone asks a question doesn't mean I have to answer it.
3. What someone else says or does is not nearly as important as my reaction to it. Their praise or criticism does not determine what I put in my mouth. I am the only one who is responsible for that.

This is my second week of IP so I have a long way to go here. You women show me that some things still haven't changed in the successful weight loss world. Reading about your experiences remind me that the minefield is still out there but we can get through it.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizliz View Post
It helps me to remember:
3. What someone else says or does is not nearly as important as my reaction to it. Their praise or criticism does not determine what I put in my mouth. I am the only one who is responsible for that.
Love these!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizliz View Post
Lisa and 65x65...I look specifically for your comments as a new person to IP because you both share so much wisdom. As someone who has successfully lost weight before in other programs I understand how hurtful the unfiltered mouths of friends, acquaintances, strangers, and even family members can be. It helps me to remember:

This is my second week of IP so I have a long way to go here. You women show me that some things still haven't changed in the successful weight loss world. Reading about your experiences remind me that the minefield is still out there but we can get through it.
mizlix-
Thank-you and welcome to this chat! Not sure if I've seen you around this table before but you are someone who seems to have some thoughtful experience as well.

One of the things I felt early on ..was I did not want to be the "Poster Child" for IP in my circle of friends, acquaitances or neighborhood community. For me at least, this is so personal... and I've advised caution for newbies who are so thrilled when the weight starts to drop......to use care and discretion in who they bring with them on this journey! I have found sincerity, honesty and so much openess here. I can not thank those who shared it with me, a stranger, enough. The help of the strangers here is worth more than the approval or opinions of 95% of the people in my everyday life. Only my immediate family gets to hear all that has gone on in my journey.... . (My best friend of 34 years would ...if she were still alive, but I do feel she knows. We talk!) My husband would not have approved of this diet initially...so I left him out of it!!! After I lost 25 lbs...I shared it because he could see it was working. Then I told him it was more than just another diet attempt. I told him he was a landmine in the battle I've been waging in the past...and that's why he was left out of the loop. It got his attention. He did some serious thinking, and he is my biggest fan...and believes in IP and the way it works now.

SOOO...chose carefully who goes on this trip! Once they are in the car...it is moving too fast to throw them out safely!!! Not saying you can't slow down and let someone in...just be sure they will not present challenges or demand anything in the next part of your journey!

Best wishes! And you have all of us...and I might add...we are riding together on a train. A big one!!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-18-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #64  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Made cauliflower tortillas for tacos tonight... The recipe said it made six so I cut it in half to make three but it only made one... So I had a taco and taco salad on the side. so happy it turned out this time, last time I tried was a disaster!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #65  
Third time's the charm!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 01-18-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

ShrinkingSusie, can you tell me how you made them successfully? Just bought a head of cauliflower tonight. Thanks
Old 01-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #67  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Hello all!
I hope everyone has as good of a Saturday as I have had! I was in my
best friends wedding today! I also successfully used the Chocolate Pancake mix to make two mini muffins to take to the wedding so I could enjoy the "desserts" with them. The wedding was so beautiful, and elegant, yet simple!
Here is my dress from the wedding (and a few other photos, such as when I caught the bouquet
Old 01-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #68  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Deana you look beautiful!
Old 01-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #69  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Deanna - you look gorgeous!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Deana- so happy that it was a wonderful day. Such hard work and a beautiful result. Yay!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #71  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
ShrinkingSusie, can you tell me how you made them successfully? Just bought a head of cauliflower tonight. Thanks
I already had cauliflower rice in the freezer in one cup portions, so I used one portion. Thawed it out then heated in the microwave for 2 minutes, put it in some paper towels and squeezed as much water out as I could, be careful it's really hot, then I added an egg (just the whites, no yolk) some salt and pepper. I baked it on parchment paper for 10 mins at 375 flipped it and baked another 7 minutes. The recipe I followed said to fry it in a pan after you bake it to make it crispy but I didn't need to. I put the parchment paper on a pizza pan I have that is very thin and has holes in it so I think that helped crisp it up.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #72  
Third time's the charm!

Deana, that is such a gorgeous colour on you! Glad you had a great time!!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #73  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Beautiful pics Deana! Great to see your progress!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Hello all!
I hope everyone has as good of a Saturday as I have had! I was in my
best friends wedding today! I also successfully used the Chocolate Pancake mix to make two mini muffins to take to the wedding so I could enjoy the "desserts" with them. The wedding was so beautiful, and elegant, yet simple!
Here is my dress from the wedding (and a few other photos, such as when I caught the bouquet
You look great and congratulations on catching the bouquet!!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #75  

Good luck with your weigh in!
Closed Thread